How's Business?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How's Business?

I'm trying to get a general feel from the rest of the country. I'm closely tied to the construction industry and people are talking about work picking up over the past few months. Our company is definitely busier than this time last year. I hear the same from most of my clients.
    Much busier
    23.08%
    A little busier
    19.23%
    About the same
    34.62%
    Slightly slower
    3.85%
    Much slower
    19.23%
    sigpic

Dunno about construction; but early in the summer my brother was hired as a temporary forklift operator at a heavy equipment dealer. Just learned they are doing enough business to keep him on full time.

1987 325e - 5 speed - Mods: 3.25 LSD, Mark D Chip, Bilstein HD's, Ansa Sport

Comment

We've been slammed at the shop I work at (Indie Euro shop). People aren't afraid to be spendy accessorizing their Porsche with Billy Boat this, Momo that. Even have a guy who dropped off '58 and '61 Contis and a '58 Caddy. "Just make them so I can drive them across the country." And I work/live in a rather rural area of Va...

Wish I had his $$....
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

^ lol link to shop?

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          ^ lol link to shop?
          Foreign Affairs

We like to "take care" of our customer's cars....(see pic on homepage)

This page has some interesting shit we've found wrong with cars....

Comment

^^ this thing is gorgeous, was this yours at some point? I'd love to get into an e28 and keep the e30 as a project.

1991 318is -> 2004 R32 -> 2002 Jetta TDI -> 2014 FiST

No E30 Club

Comment

I clicked about the same.............

But for me about the same as last year to me is busy as hell to most. 10-14 hours a day 7 days a week, I was busy as shit last this time too. A few places in the country cant get enough help, if your willing to work. South TX, PA/WV, and North Dakota. Just show up drive around and start hitting job yards, and contractor warehouses, and you should find gainfull employment in about a week.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

You probably heard we ain't in the prisoner-takin' business; we in the killin' Nazi business. And cousin, business is a-boomin'.
                Originally posted by HarryPotter
                not to be racist but i've had multiple african americans comment on how they love my car. I've seen pics of e30's rolling through africa with at least 15-20 africans on them with ak-47's. WILD. its in the african blood. Hope this wasn't too racist, forgive me as I am intoxicated.
                Instagram: @jstnlws

Comment

Originally posted by alB5 View Post
                  http://foreignaffairs.us/invendisp.php?cid=194

^^ this thing is gorgeous, was this yours at some point? I'd love to get into an e28 and keep the e30 as a project.
                  It's a customer of ours. I'm sure he'll take less than $3700....he's been trying to sell it to me, but I've got too many (see sig). He's got cancer and can't drive it anymore. Needs some work, but he'd done over $12 in work in the time he's owned it. We have the paperwork.

Anywho, 'nuff posting here. PM me if you're SRS. Would love for it to go to a good home. Wish I could afford another one...

Comment

I have no idea about construction, but I do know that the company I work for had absolutely no work from June till late October. When I say "no work", I literally mean there was NO work. None. However, we're starting to get very busy again.

Wiring/Controls Engineering fyi.
                    sigpic

Comment

Much slower. Hawaii, Oahu.

New car dealership, Im on the service side. New car sales are down, used car sales are brisk but strangled by very limited supply. Also customers are not coming to the dealerships for service. Probably going to Goodyear, Jiffyboob, etc to save money. There's an assload of recalls for new cars. Unfortunately these customers are not easily upsold to cash-pay services anymore.

I think that even if people arent directly affected by the shitty economy, they still are saving their money, just in case.

Comment

I am a civil designer so construction is my game. IDK but when the GFC happened the gov spent up big on infrastructure projects and ever since then I have been busy as fuck.
                        sigpic

Comment

Much busier. My wifes business is much slower though so it evens out. When the economy tanks people can pay their cell bills and cable TV but wont take care of their teeth lol
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

busier, definitely.

nov through the end of feb are considered the slow months of the sign industry. and it hasnt been slow. and the summer was just nuts.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

We're just as busy this year as last year maybe a little busier. I fix tractor trailers and due to some new emissions laws for 2007 and newer trucks a lot of guys are keeping their rigs longer which means they are spending more on repairs.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X