Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any dental students or Dentist's on R3V?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any dental students or Dentist's on R3V?

Hey,

I'm thinking about pursuing a career in dentistry.
    I was just seeing if there is anyone on here pursuing dentistry as well or currently practicing.

I still don't really have an idea on what I want to do.

I need to pick my major!
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
    1998 BMW Estoril Blue e36 M3/4/5 SOLD
    1987 BMW 325 (The Piece) SOLD
    1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

dentists are the most hated doctors in the world.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
    my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
      dentists are the most hated doctors in the world.
      I wouldn't mind being hated and making 150k + a year

My ultimate goal would be to specialize in orthodontics, which aren't hated at all really
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD
      1991 BMW 318is S52 swap (The Beast) Now Driving Project Thread: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=234207

Comment

I hate my orthodontist more than any doctor ever... so yeah

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
          I hate my orthodontist more than any doctor ever... so yeah
          Haha why?

All he does is make your teeth pretty.

You're only in pain when you get home and it's only for a few hours.

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by cjdontthink View Post
            I wouldn't mind being hated and making 150k + a year

My ultimate goal would be to specialize in orthodontics, which aren't hated at all really
            of course. do it, and then you can join a bmw f30 forum.

'89 BMW 325is | '02 Mitsubishi Montero Limited | '2005 GMC Sierra 2500 Duramax | 2007 BMW M5
            my feedback thread

Comment

Originally posted by ethrtyiS View Post
              of course. do it, and then you can join a bmw f30 forum.
              haha
              Or BMW e30 crazy swap forum

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Hey,

I'm thinking about pursuing a career in dentistry.
                I was just seeing if there is anyone on here pursuing dentistry as well or currently practicing.

I still don't really have an idea on what I want to do.

I need to pick my major!
                So what is your question or concern?

I'm no dentist nor am I pursuing a career in dentistry but I have many friends that are and been to many seminar to possibly answer your questions. I'm a bio major an will be heading to medical school next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Cong405 View Post
                  So what is your question or concern?

I'm no dentist nor am I pursuing a career in dentistry but I have many friends that are and been to many seminar to possibly answer your questions. I'm a bio major an will be heading to medical school next year.
                  Well I was kind of just seeing if there was any others in a similar boat as me.

I am not sure what I want to major in.
                  It's either Bio or anything else and take the dental school pre-reqs at the same time.

How tough has majoring in Bio been so far?

1989 BMW 325i SOLD

Comment

Well I was kind of just seeing if there was any others in a similar boat as me.

I am not sure what I want to major in.
                    It's either Bio or anything else and take the dental school pre-reqs at the same time.

How tough has majoring in Bio been so far?
                    It's definitely a pain in the ass and consume a whole lot of your time. It's easy in the beginning since it's the basic classes but gets really challenging with the higher level courses. I'm not saying that it's not manageable but you definitely will be hitting the book for hours if you either want to keep up in all your classes or just try to get ahead of the game and be on top. You have to take all your basic bio and chem courses in order to get into dental school or medical school so I would start off with the basic classes if you haven't taken them yet.

As for dental school... all my friends who are either finished or about to be done said that it was a lot of hands on and was pretty stressful dealing with patients bitching. They told me the study hours were just as long as their MD friends and possibly more since they have labs every day. But if you have any specific questions, let me know and I'll definitely ask my friends.

Comment

Comment

My wife is a hygenist. I hate when we go out with all the denists she works with and they all can't figure out why I would want to drive an old car at all. Abunch of good guys, but kinda live on another level with their GTRs and F11/F10 BMWs.
                        Most of em are making close to $10,000 a month contracting for the U.S. Army here in Germany.... chillin

seems like a great job if your good with your hands. teeth are always going to need work, so fiding work can't be too hard.

Comment

My wife is a dentist. It isnt like it used to be. Theres still good money but regulations/malpractice/insurance are all out to beat you down. Shes a dying breed also. She has her own practice. Most places now are clinics where you work for someone and MAY make 150k if youre lucky.
                          We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                          www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

Not a dentist but have a few friends who are. Its a good proffession,,, def taken a hit in this economy. High suicide rate among dentists...as compared to the general population. That said,,,, you can do pretty well, set your own hours, and not be on call like a m.d. Alot of dentists are into the scca and other motorsports as once you establish yourself you can have a good amount of free time. Like anything, you have to work hard to lay the groundwork. Need to have some fine motorskills as well.

Comment

I have a few friends who are BIO majors. I'm sure the difficulty of the degree depends on the school. But, I would say that if you enjoy bio, find the human body (from a science POV) very interesting, and enjoy studying whatever the hell it is with all those little bio organisms then do it. But if you're doing it for the money at the end, then the degree could be very very challenging. Everyone is different, so its very hard to say.
                              Originally posted by z31maniac
                              I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Working...
                              X