Need some trained BMW eyes advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need some trained BMW eyes advice.

Looking to replace my Cooper S with something a bit bigger, 4 doors is a plus. There are two cars I have found locally that I am considering but I am open to other options. The links are below, if you guys want to chime in with advice, warnings, observations whatever info you have I would appreciate it.

First 1 is a 2006 330i with the sports package. My concerns are I have never seen those wheels before are they aftermarket or just a rarer option, and it has an aftermarket intake. The sports package and after market intake make me a little hesitant that it may have been driven pretty hard.

Second is a 2008 328i sedan with the sports package and a warranty until Jan 2014 or 100k miles. Looks really clean, but the carfax is reporting an accident a few years back.

Visit Koons Mercedes-Benz of Catonsville for all of your Mercedes-Benz needs in Baltimore, MD. Shop cars for sale, browse lease deals, or schedule service.

What do you all think? I think I can get roughly $20k on my MINI trade in and am hoping to keep roughly my same payments considering I owe way less than the MINI is worth. I would appreciate some solid advice from people who have experience with these newer cars or anything in the ads that seem fishy. Thanks guys.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
    This is the internet. Just make something up.

20k will buy u an e36 m3 with low miles and still a ton of money to replace what's necessary for maintenance and build it up a little if that's what you would want to do. Or an m5 if your looking for a sedan. Otherwise I'd say go with the 330

Comment

Originally posted by russhixmo View Post
      20k will buy u an e36 m3 with low miles and still a ton of money to replace what's necessary for maintenance and build it up a little if that's what you would want to do. Or an m5 if your looking for a sedan. Otherwise I'd say go with the 330
      I have considered an 97/98 M3 sedan. But I am just not 100% on it. If I were going to go with something that old I wouldn't spend in the $20k range. I would want to be closer to the $10k range when all said and done, plus I would have to convince the wife that spending less and immediately doing a bunch of maintenance would be worth it.
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

But one in techno purple ( chicks dig purple cars) my boss is selling one for 5k if your interested.

Comment

Originally posted by 5spoke View Post
          I have considered an 97/98 M3 sedan. But I am just not 100% on it. If I were going to go with something that old I wouldn't spend in the $20k range. I would want to be closer to the $10k range when all said and done, plus I would have to convince the wife that spending less and immediately doing a bunch of maintenance would be worth it.
          It would be worth it in the long run with the M3. Search for a 4 door Techno =) DROOL!!!!

P.S. The worked needed to keep it running right will not surpass 10k. So that alone should convince your wife.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

why would anyone want to downgrade to a E36?

Comment

get a lexus is300 or is250.
              either the prior can be had in GREAT condition for 15g, the later can be had in the 20's.

but these cars are SO reliable its rediculous. have seen 2002 is300's with over 200k on the clock and still running.

quality is amazing.

Comment

Cpo bmw's can be good values
                I have a 6 spd manual e92 328xi that is a really nice car
                The 328i has plenty of power, the sport pkg gets you the sport seats which is reason enough to get the sport pkg, and the stock stereo sounds plenty good
                Plus its a fun car to drive, not the same as a mini, but plenty quick around corners
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I think that 2006 330 seems like a great deal. I imagine it is just as fast as a U.S. e36 crapbox M3, and the E90 looks alot better. Wheels are aftermarket for sure.

wow, your mini is still worth that much hell, I thought a new Cooper S was about 24,000.

Comment

Hannah dude e36 m3's are slow! Raced one on the track and beat him by a good .3

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
                      get a lexus is300 or is250.

these cars are SO boring its rediculous.
                      fixed that for you. ;)
                      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

The IS300 was pretty fun actually. Just really corny, too. Chrome everywhere, fart cannon exhaust, surprised there aren't diamond plate floor mats too.

Comment

Originally posted by mikeedler View Post
                          I think that 2006 330 seems like a great deal. I imagine it is just as fast as a U.S. e36 crapbox M3, and the E90 looks alot better. Wheels are aftermarket for sure.

wow, your mini is still worth that much hell, I thought a new Cooper S was about 24,000.
                          Yeah they hold their value well. The s starts at $24k so with options they easily approach $30k. Mine is a 2010 with low mileage.

Comment

Working...
                          X