Anyone know about walkie-talkies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone know about walkie-talkies?

I'm looking for walkie-talkies, a set with five or six handsets.

What brand and/or model do you recommend? What should I stay away from?

TIA!
    Mark
    I Timothy 2:1-2

what are going to use them for, how much range do you need, and how much you want to spend.

Why not just use cell phones ??

Other wise the older Motorola's are bad ass as are many kenwoods
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Sleeve, they are for my brother-in-law. He has a 42-room two story hotel (this is the range requirement) and needs a quick way to communicate with maids and the maintenance dude. The price isn't really an issue, but the 5-6 handsets is a must.

Thanks for the help, amigo.

Comment

So really a 12 mile range UHF short wave set up is going to be over kill then???

Something like this is prolly what you should be looking at then. We bought a similar set for long drives with multiple rigs involved. And used them till we all got better UHF gear to use on hunting trips For a confined setting like a hotel or something these little guys will be perfect.

or these

If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

damn i forget what brand we use at my work, but they are two way radios, i want to say sony.

i do catering, we have three banquet halls and a HUGE facillity, these things work all over the building, up stairs, down stairs, and in the lofts or maintenance rooms.

pretty good range, i took one once when i went to the store a few blocks away, could still talk with the kitchen

Comment

^

Motorola or kenwood are the only to brands of 2 way I would want

William Pitt-

Comment

Target uses these. They sucks ball. Shit range even inside the store.

Originally posted by ROLLingKING
              i have a bronzit and plan on making it look sweet.
              Originally posted by slammin.e28
              Moral of this story?

If you drive your e30 on stairs, you're gonna have a bad time.

Comment

good to know just pulled some random shit up that would fit the bill

William Pitt-

Comment

Thanks guys, I have passed along the info.

Comment

Rosetta stone, fastest way to learn Spanish. Walkie talkies and FRS radios don't translate for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Keanan View Post
                      Rosetta stone, fastest way to learn Spanish. Walkie talkies and FRS radios don't translate for you.
                      That's pretty jacked up :p

Comment

I used to work at the Hyatt (which is obviously much larger) but they have an operator that just calls the bellman or sends a message to a blackberry. Not sure if this option would be considered or what all it entails. (I wasn't a bellman)
                        Originally posted by z31maniac
                        I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

walkie-talkies are commonly used in hotels, big and small.
                          gabriella psychic

Comment

Working...
                          X