Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATT gun peeps: Walther PPQ v. H&K USP & P30...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATT gun peeps: Walther PPQ v. H&K USP & P30...

What are your thoughts???
    -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

what is its purpose and why those?
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

I don't know about the rest, but I own a USP, .45 tactical and I absolutely love it. Yes it is an expensive gun, but I would rather buy decent things.
      1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
      You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Not to say the USP isn't a fantastic weapon but, what makes you believe (or at least your demonstrated knowledge) that the cost of an item directly relates to it's worth, value or make?

The USP is a fantastic weapon. Just recently shot both of these and I would lean towards the USP but that's due to how it sat in my hand more than anything else.
        Need a part? PM me.

Get your Bass on. Luke's r3v Boxes are here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=198123

Comment

I'm not saying it's monetary value is directed to equal quality, just mentioning that yes it is an expensive gun but it's also a nice one.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I love my USP .40

Great gun if you have big man hands, not so much if you have woman like hipster hands.
            seien Sie größer, als Sie erscheinen

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
              what is its purpose and why those?

Originally posted by Holland View Post
              I'm not saying it's monetary value is directed to equal quality, just mentioning that yes it is an expensive gun but it's also a nice one.
              Recreation/Target shooting. I could see myself competing if I really get into it.

I'm not going for the HK because it's expensive, or to have the 'wow' factor. I would rather spend 2x as much as I would on say, a G17 gen4, instead of regretting my original purchase later. I'm looking for a quality firearm.

I have been looking at the Walther also as it's comparable to the USP & P30. A vast majority of it's users also say the 'comfort' level of the PPQ is very high.

That being said, I will see what they have at the range this week to loan-out, and what they have for in-stock so I can at least get one in my hand. I am in Germany, and they don't necessarily keep a huge inventory. I could see them having to order-on-request.
              -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

i was shooting a springfield xd 40cal over the weekend. i was pretty impressed. felt very good in my hands.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by der affe View Post
                  I love my USP .40

Great gun if you have big man hands, not so much if you have woman like hipster hands.
                  Lol, I have smaller hands and I don't have much of a problem with it.

Comment

Guns are like woman. You have to try them out first before you know you wan to have them at home for an extended period of time!
                    I would suggest renting them at a gun range or finding some one who owns or more of them that will let you shoot them.
                    Everyone likes a different feel, and all those pistols will fit your hand differently.
                    I like the way 1911's fit my hand and shoot.
                    I got to say I have never shot a PPQ or P30 but I have shot a USP and like Glocks WAY better. The USP just did not fit my hand well (big hands long fingers) and I just did not like the way it shot, or where the safety and mag release were.
                    Just my .02.
                    Good luck!
                    sigpic
                    "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

I am a Sig Convert over from HK.

It all should boil down to what fits your hand and points the most natural for you. High quality weapon that fits you poorly and points like shit = Shitty results from the combination of shooter and weapon. Poor quality weapon that fits the shooter well can be more conducive to Great results.

The trick is to find a good quality weapon that fits you great.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

I've enjoyed my USP's quite a bit, one in .45 and one in 9mm. As others have already mentioned, I have had some friends who felt the grip was a bit big for them. Still, it's reliable and accurate. I also prefer the USP's method of disassembly, compared to Glocks.

I've only fired the Walther once, but it seemed pretty nice too. It was more like a Glock, but with a better feeling trigger. Just my two cents.

As others have said, you really need to fire a few of them to find out if it will work for you. For example, I suspect that Sig's are very nice guns, but they always sit in my hand kind of funny and screw with my aim. On the other hand, I hate the feel of Glocks, but shoot pretty accurately with one. Just gotta try a few, and see what fits.

Comment

Working...
                        X