The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    Those are the right wheel for that car. IMO. ..and...mag-NEEEZ-ee-um!
    But they aren't the right wheels for the car. They would be if it were a TZ,or even an SZ, but its not. They likely aren't magnesium either. They are UGLY and BORING on a Sprint, they cover the awesome giant brake drums that (should) hide behind them.

If I were bidding on that car, the wheels and the interiour would be the first things that went away. Heck, I can almost stand the interiour enough to get rid of the wheels first. Seriously, the more I look at the car, the more I hate those wheels.

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Bid for the chance to own a 66K-Mile 1989 Alfa Romeo Milano Verde at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #5,391.

always liked these.

past:
      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
      1985 323i baur
      current:
      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Me too. That's a nice one.
        I've seen these with the grey molding that runs along the side and turns into the spoiler painted body color, and it looked good. Took out a lot of that "kink" visually.

Comment

Some pics from the Sonoma Historics from June.

For the whole album, have a look here

Will
          '88 BMW M3

Comment

Love the pics Will!
            Simon
            Current Cars:
            -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post

Great pics. Look at all those Giuliettas with sweet vintage magnesium wheels! haha!

Is the black car (69) a NW guy, Doc-something? he always ran with the dead duck hanging off the back.

Could the old vintage car maybe be Greg Whitten the Microsoft guy?

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Great pics. Look at all those Giuliettas with sweet vintage magnesium wheels! haha!

Is the black car (69) a NW guy, Doc-something? he always ran with the dead duck hanging off the back.

Could the old vintage car maybe be Greg Whitten the Microsoft guy?
                  Not one of them has magnesium wheels. They are all aluminum. The black car is a local guy, was originally built and raced by Al Leake. Its a rubber chicken. The car is named Sophia, and is pretty famous. https://www.bonhams.com/auctions/20322/lot/479/

Will
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

Wow, I talked with Al Leake on the phone a long time ago about spare parts. Nice guy, sweet car.

The NW guy is Doc Doolittle, with a '59 Giulietta Spider race car.

M-technik-3: Wow, good looking Alfetta! I like that a lot. I've never seen that 3-piece Ronal wheel with the angled vents. Mystery hood bump - not an Alfetta, not a GTV6...I wonder if that's custom to fit a V6 under there.

Nice car.

Comment

<EDIT> I think that's the same car from post 1651....
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	1651.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	111.7 KB
ID:	7192665

Comment

[ATTACH]116271[/ATTACH]

Comment

Sure is same Swiss tag's. That car is great looking, not a fan of the base models but that car pulls it off well.
                          https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

I'm kind of suspicious that that is a GTV6, completely stripped down and retrofitted to look like a euro Alfetta GT. It's so clean, extremely clean. Also note big air intakes, 5-lug wheels, hood hump, etc. If so, they changed the hood, window trim, turn signals, lights, grille, bumper, maybe the rear valance......

I'll see if I can find out.

Comment

I'm kind of suspicious that that is a GTV6, completely stripped down and retrofitted to look like a euro Alfetta GT. It's so clean, extremely clean. Also note big air intakes, 5-lug wheels, hood hump, etc. If so, they changed the hood, window trim, turn signals, lights, grille, bumper, maybe the rear valance......

I'll see if I can find out.
                              i don't love the off white color, but that car is so well done. it is almost everything i would want that car to be. except for a 24v 164 engine of course.

i wonder what it would look like with m3 style boxed fenders?
                              sigpic
                              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

It's not a color I would have ever picked, but it looks so sharp here. Partly it's that clean original shape without all the body moldings added later, plus good wheel proportions.

People tell me that curved intake front is a real Alfetta GT - the GTV6 has a vertical, boxed shape at the valance.

I think that bump means it has a motor swap. Nicer than the big GTV6 ramp on the hood.

Comment

Working...
                                X