No announcement yet.

The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Right - HAAS and now Sauber Alfa will use Ferrari power units, and are considered the junior Ferrari teams. It does say they'll use 2018 power units, but I always wonder why the parent team would give the junior team the latest go-fast gear. I guess in the old days nearly everybody was buying Cosworth Ford V8s, but they were all supposedly equal.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	pbzxjag0x5xoumhxch53.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	59.7 KB
ID:	7193475

Name:	DQCVxkgVwAAky0T.jpg
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	7193476

Name:	qd4fuyvnrivjkdoehyng.jpg
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	7193477

Returning driver Marcus Ericsson and F2 Champion Charles Leclerc.

You could have a picnic on that nose! I don't really understand driving modern F1 cars - your feet must be up around hand level. Isn't that a really odd position to get used to?

Comment

Alfa Romeo's colourful F1 history

Maurice Hamilton - ESPN

"Political and superficial it may be, but the return of the Alfa Romeo name to Formula 1 is a nice touch. Setting aside the obvious political implications of Ferrari chairman Sergio Marchionne strengthening his bargaining hand, the linking of the famous marque with Sauber brings a certain feel of tradition that does no harm."

"Alfa Romeo's competition history runs deep, even if the last incarnation between 1979 and 1985 was mildly embarrassing for this proud name. Alfa Romeo was winning races when Enzo Ferrari was a lad; indeed, Ferrari would cut his managerial teeth running a team for the car manufacturer in the days before the World Championship."

"When the Commendatore went off to do his own thing, Ferrari and Alfa would engage in titanic battles, Juan Manuel Fangio later referring to the Alfa Romeo 159 as a sentimental favourite thanks to winning his first championship in 1951. This would be the second in succession for Alfa, after claiming the inaugural title with Giuseppe 'Nino' Farina."

Nino Farina, 1950

Name:	Nino Farina 1950.jpeg
Size:	30.5 KB
ID:	7193492
        Last edited by LateFan; 12-04-2017, 09:31 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          You could have a picnic on that nose! I don't really understand driving modern F1 cars - your feet must be up around hand level. Isn't that a really odd position to get used to?
          I think it's just a 2013 Sauber with some paint on it to get a few articles on the back of the Alfa Romeo news. I'm pretty disappointed they're sticking with Ericsson, he's had plenty of chances.

Comment

I thought it was way early to be unveiling a new design, and I hadn't read anything about nose rule changes.

Name:	Scuderia-Ferrari-Alfa-Romeo-Tipo-B-P3-16-740x494.jpg
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	7193533

Comment

Originally posted by tttoon View Post
              I think it's just a 2013 Sauber with some paint
              Yep!

Name:	saub-hulk-suzu-2013-41.jpg
Size:	69.4 KB
ID:	7193534

Comment

1968 Monza 1000km
                Tipo 33 V8

Name:	Alfa 33-2 1968 75033-007 #26 Gosselin-Trosch 1000km Monza 68-S.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	7193570

Comment

Is it me, or do those look like E30 Sport seats that have been adapted to a Sprint? I just found the pic while going through my archives.

Will
                  '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
                  '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
                  '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
                  '88 BMW M3

Comment

they are recaro lx-c's

they seem like a good option for a non stock car?

that pair is an obvious recover job that is slightly above marginal.
                    sigpic
                    Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                    92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                    88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                    88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                    87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                    12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

I'm not impressed with the recover, but it verifies my thought that the E30 sport seats should fit in the car. This pic also looks like the stock sliders were used to mount them.

Will
                      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Putting this here in case one of you guys has deep pockets...

1970 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1.6 Super Biscone - imported from Italy! - $34900

I purchased this car a few years ago in person from the seller in a very small town in northern Italy. The following is a video from when I first bought it:

Overall the car was in beautiful in condition but it needed a few things here and there like front and rear seals, front calipers, rebuild and synched carbs, replaced speedo, new tires and more. The car is dialed in. Here are a few pics of the repairs;

If you know your Giulias you know how rare a Biscione is. This one comes in a very cool and rare Bluette exterior with a rare blue fabric interior. The car has recently received a complete tune-up and detail and is ready for a new home. This 105.26 Super comes with it's original 00526/A motor which is complete and runs perfectly.

From the Alfa Romeo archives, the build date for the car is February 2, 1970 and it was first registered in Italy on February 6, 1970. It comes with the most recent Foggia (FG) Italian plates and also has an ASI certification from the previous owner. The car also comes with a valid CA title.
                        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post

Is it me, or do those look like E30 Sport seats that have been adapted to a Sprint? I just found the pic while going through my archives.

Will
                          not e30 seats.....

....but PLEASE!!!!! use a more period correct seat....soooo many choices.....check out Stephan at classiccarseats.com

pleeeeeze
                          I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                            not e30 seats.....

....but PLEASE!!!!! use a more period correct seat....soooo many choices.....check out Stephan at classiccarseats.com

pleeeeeze
                            Nope, I'm using E30 seats. I plan on driving the car. I still have the originals, someday I might get them redone. I want comfortable seats that I can sit in for 15 hrs straight. I want something with a high back, adjustable headrest, and good support. I'm also not paying more than $500 for a pair. I've got a set of E30 Sport seats on the way. I care more about comfort that correct in this case.

Will
                            '88 BMW M3

Comment

booo hissss.....
                              I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                                Putting this here in case one of you guys has deep pockets...

1970 Alfa Romeo Giulia 1.6 Super Biscone - imported from Italy! - $34900

"only" made it to $25k on BaT

Bid for the chance to own a 1970 Alfa Romeo Giulia Super at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,321.
                                Last edited by 2mAn; 12-22-2017, 03:13 PM.
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X