The Alfa Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
    In theory, it can be cross referened from the auction data?

Do you think that car can be restored for 25k? I was thinking almost every panel needed replacement. It had lot of pin holes. Judging by the value you place on it, i guess i would have to agree it was indeed a great deal.

I dont know much about alfas, but was thinking 50-60k.
    I didn't see anything that was even close to the correct numbers for the Vin on the Veloce. I just had a strange feeling that it might be. Its hard to say what was actually being seen from those pics. Yes, some of the panels needed to be replaced, however not all.

For instance, have a look at some pics of my car when I pulled it out of the barn.

Looks like it could have a ton of rust... Well, this is what was under that.

There was no actual rust under it. The bondo absorbed water, caused some minor surface rust (all the dark spots in the bare metal trunk surface) and it popped the paint. Now, I'm I sure this is what we were seeing on the Veloce in the pics? No. An optimistic maybe.
    Have a look here, yes its an older review of SVs that have been for sale, but even a couple years ago, they were bringing big $ for projects, and really big $ for restored cars. Have a look here and this will give you a good idea of what they are worth in Europe, now.
    My original links didn't work so I will try and link directly.
    This poor thing got the snot kicked out of it, 22.800 Euros, about $25600 US. Its not even a Veloce.

http://www.finecars.cc/en/detail/car...cache=1&ret=63 (not sure this link will work)
    Now to the other end of the spectrum... A 101 Veloce, 89K euro, a tick under $100k US.

Anamera is the world's premium car portal. Your automobile deserves far better than a listing among the common offerings of the local classifieds. At Anamera, your vehicle shows class! It appears in the proper company of other exceptional cars - in front of an audience that truly appreciates its value. Anamera is where the premium car market is found.

I'm thinking I will be about $20-25K into my car when its all said and done. Perhaps less, hard to say. The bodywork is going to be about $6K, I'd wager the paint will be about the same. Rubber grommets ect, $1000, Chrome, $1000 (just guessing) new suspension, $1k, Wheels, hard to say, but I should buget $1k, Interior, $1300 depending on how correct I actually make it (I'm thinking I'm going to use race seats rather than recover the stock ones. I want more support out of the seats and I'm not going to get it with the stock ones.) In the grand scheme of things, yes its a ton of $, but I'm still ahead in the long run. The value of the car is going up, and I'm looking at it as a long term investment. Hell, I dropped over $50K on my Datsun over the past 16 years. Any way I look at it, rebuilding the Sprint will be a good investment, especially when you consider the enjoyment I will get out of the car once its running. I'm not looking to part with it till I'm ready to retire, at that point the car should be worth big $ as long as I take care of it.

Will
    Last edited by BlackbirdM3; 10-08-2016, 11:02 AM.
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Like flyboy said, AlfaBB people say the better Sprint was a '58 Veloce and went for $5700. The other Sprint went for $2500. Many of the Milanos didn't even get an opening bid at $150.

An AlfaBB guy from NJ bought your Lancia and has already started cleaning it up.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	aaa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	7188856

Click image for larger version

Name:	aaaa.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	7188857

Comment

Heya! that´s a really old photo and the car has seen better times. It´s currently sitting in the garage waiting for a change of days.

Too many cars, not enough time. Business has taken a turn for the worse and the 318is might have a blown gasket or cracked head, might mean that the Spider stays in the garage for a while longer. Too bad, I really enjoyed it. Such a direct feeling and planted car, drove like it was on rails.

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
        Nader393 from Seattle built this Gulf-inspired race car by himself to go with his nice street round-tail...
        [ATTACH]111197[/ATTACH]

Petebee was trading in Milanos and maybe gave up and went back to the E30 side...? (but it WAS burgundrot after all..)
        [ATTACH]111198[/ATTACH]

rloewy has two beautiful 105 GT cars that he hauled with him to his new home in CA...
        [ATTACH]111199[/ATTACH]

Multi-continental spanish pants is hoping to get his nice red Spider back into tip top shape....
        [ATTACH]111200[/ATTACH]

TSI had just found this early kamm-tail Spider..
        [ATTACH]111201[/ATTACH]
        My new E34 525i Sport Limousine Blog
        http://bmw525isportlimousine.blogspot.com.es/

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
          Like flyboy said, AlfaBB people say the better Sprint was a '58 Veloce and went for $5700. The other Sprint went for $2500. Many of the Milanos didn't even get an opening bid at $150.

An AlfaBB guy from NJ bought your Lancia and has already started cleaning it up.
          [ATTACH]111222[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111223[/ATTACH]

the guy that bought the lancia was a really nice fellow. i spent a pretty good amount of time talking to him throughout the day.
          Last edited by flyboyx; 10-09-2016, 08:12 AM.
          sigpic
          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

another pic dump.

this is the sweetest milano i saw. i dig those wheels and the interior is factory recaro.(trashed but still....)

lancia zagato

another lancia. i believe also a zagato, but i couldn't get in the back to see the badging.

bmw was represented. manual 635csi. fairly solid car.

guiletta

shitload of gtv6's and alfettas

one of about 10 derelict duettos

on to the parts
            this stuff was in a downstairs little dungeon. i had to get out of there because "joe pesci's" voice was blaring so loud i was getting a head ache.

these wood steering wheels along with a couple more sections of parts sold for about 1200.00

in the very back of the shop, there was this 40'x40' room that was just packed full of mostly used parts. the roof had been leaking for perhaps the last 15 or 20 years. this is how they worked the sale: they allowed people to pick out items they were interested in and they were auctioned of. i would say about 40 lots were picked out of this mess. the rest of this shit was sold as one lot. the final price was 200.00!!!! that is one hell of a deal for a truck load of alfa parts.

a buttload of hard tops. there were about 4 more in the back of the building. a couple of them sold for around 200ish bucks, the rest were sold as a lot for the same price.

random hoods. don't remember the price. i think a couple sold for around 150.00 the rest sold as a lot for less than 100.00

apparently these fiberglass doors were something special. they sold for 950.00 each.

this pile of bumpers went for 130,00

sprint fuel tank? the alfa signs in the back brought good money. the small round one sold for 1900.00 and the larger square one sold for about a grand.

gtv seat?

jesus fuck!!! these engines and transmissions sold for stupid money. two engines sold for about 150.00 each. the rest sold as a lot (about 26 engines and 12 or so transmissions sold for 200.00)

sprint engine?

'69 1750 gtv engine

magnesium gtv wheel? this think weighed like 7 or 8 pounds. only one though.

15" early sprint wheel?

all of these manuals sold for about 150.00

mig welder 180.00 that is the back side of "joe pesci".

two lifts sold for 500.00 each

Last edited by flyboyx; 10-09-2016, 08:30 AM.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

GTA doors, or perhaps TZ2 doors?
              Yes, Sprint fuel tank, good call.

Early 1300 for a Sprint, Spider or perhaps a sedan.

GTA wheel, worth big $$$$$

likely an early Stepnose GTV wheel, I have on on my Sprint, it doesn't belong.

I kinda wish I could have been there. I bet I could have found a pair of bumpers, better sprint trim, and perhaps scored another Veloce 1300 engine that would have gone nicely in my Sprint. I do want a 1300 for it so I can possibly vintage race the car (should I want to) I bet there were random parts that I could use for my car as well. Oh well, wrong side of the country. There were lots of very good deals to be hand there.

Will
              '88 BMW M3

Comment

i know veloce means "speed" or something similar but what is the difference between a sprint normal and a sprint veloce?
                sigpic
                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Huh, my basement looks like a smaller version of this old shop. At least all of my stuff is stored in tote boxes. I know for sure I have at least three old steering wheels like those. I should start cataloging them and getting them ready for sale. If anything happened to me, my wife would probably just give it all away.
                  '91 325i

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                    i know veloce means "speed" or something similar but what is the difference between a sprint normal and a sprint veloce?

This will answer that question:
                    Centerline International is the leading supplier of restoration, performance, and maintenance parts for all Alfa Romeo models fr

There are a lot of differences.

On that note, I'm off to an Alfa Car show in Alameda, I'll be sure to get some pics.

Will
                    '88 BMW M3

Comment

[ATTACH]111235[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111236[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111237[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111238[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111239[/ATTACH]

Comment

[ATTACH]111240[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111241[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]111242[/ATTACH]

Comment

Petrolicious strikes again

https://youtu.be/UNwpJ9xpAks

Last edited by benflagg; 10-09-2016, 03:37 PM.
                          sigpic

Comment

ive seen that montreal in person. Pretty neat car. The styling is excellent

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                            DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

I saw a sprint today that was essentially identical to the one I'm looking to build. The 1750 was installed so cleanly that it took me a good 5 minutes of looking carefully at the car to realize it was a 1750 in the engine bay. The guy let me sit in it (I've never sat in a complete running Sprint before) and the feel of the car was good. I now know what the clutch and brake pedals should feel like (kinda firm, and very firm.) I think I'm going to like driving my car. I'm really looking forward to it.

Oh yeah, I finally picked up my Nardi wheel, yeah, its sweet.

Will
                              '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
                                Oh yeah, I finally picked up my Nardi wheel, yeah, its sweet.

Will
                                sweet! can't wait to see more updates on the car-hint hint!
                                sigpic
                                Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X