If you owned Paypal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you owned Paypal?

I am doing a business research report on Paypal for my masters program. I need to get input from others that use Paypal instead of my own bias opinion. What I need to know is:

What do you like about it?
    Why do you use it?
    What do you not like about it?
    What you change/add/delete from Paypal to make it user friendly?

Any help would be appreciated on this
    _________

Rep Savannah Crew

i dont know if i would change anything. i think it's pretty sweet.
    AWD > RWD

Comment

I would put more emphasis on customer service. It is a multi-million dollar company that can be a real PITA to deal with when it comes to transaction disputes. Customer service is truely the corner stone in any business, check out the Zappos.com business model (i know its a totally different business) but they have stupid good customer service and a great customer base. As far as use goes, id say it is typically used to avoid sending checks or cash to strangers and for the insurance they they do give you as long as your not sending a gift.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
      Sounds like you need a massage.
      Originally posted by kpeng
      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

I wouldnt treat all sellers like criminals.
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

What do you like about it?
          Ease of use, direct connection to ebay.

Why do you use it?
          Eady to use, no hassle of entering CC information. Sense of security using this instead of entering CC information on less known sometimes less secure websites

What do you not like about it?
          Bad customer service.
          Long annoying claims process, often easier to just go directly to CC company to get your money back from a bad seller.
          Tend to flag good accounts as bad in many cases but bad accounts remain unchecked to keep ripping people off.

Modified fee structure based on usage. Someone who only uses the service once a year should in my mind pay a higher fee than those who use it daily. This could also be dealt with through some rewards program that provides credit dollars to use for online purchases based on your annual useage.
          Point of sale options for in store purchases. Allowing smaller stores to offer options of payment without taking your credit card information (again apparent security of information).
          2011 JGC daily, 1985 944

Comment

I use it because it seems like everyone has a pp account. As a buyer I feel safe using it. As a seller I feel the fees are a little much, but I guess that's the price you gotta pay!

Comment

Answered this in TCL OT :up:
              91 318is M50 swapped
              05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I use it personally and for my "small business" if you can call it that.

I added my answer inside of your quote below

Originally posted by pwagon717 View Post
                I am doing a business research report on Paypal for my masters program. I need to get input from others that use Paypal instead of my own bias opinion. What I need to know is:

What do you like about it?.......very fast! you don't have to put your card info in everytime
                Why do you use it?......its fast, the bill me later feature, email updates on payments
                What do you not like about it?......transferring money from your bank to your paypal or from your paypal to your bank takes forever!!!
                What you change/add/delete from Paypal to make it user friendly?.....As stated above money transfers, I would like a little more transparency between the bill me later account, the debit acccount, and credit account

Any help would be appreciated on this
                Last edited by 02stu; 01-26-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

I'd change the firearm policy to allow payment for firearms through paypal. No one on Gunbroker.com will accept paypal because of this policy.
                  - Jerry
                  '88 325is - first E30 - Novice STX

Comment

What do you like about it? easy to use and send/recieve money

Why do you use it? easy and most people use it already

What do you not like about it? the fees but they are reasonable

nothing really. they have made some good recent improvements with thier new relationship with the Postal Service
                    95 7.1L 16V E36 M3
                    Motorsport Hardware ***Wheel studs and Spacers!!!--->FOR SALE 4/5 Lug Stud Conversion Kits available CLICK HERE
                    LIKE my Facebook Page! CLICK HERE

Comment

Working...
                    X