No announcement yet.

Official Skateboarding Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I broke my ankle and tore some tendons/ligaments on July 15th :( still can't do much but walk. But I still try and skate a little bit. Can't pop or flick with my left foot, so I can only do switch fs shuvs and nollie big spins, I can sorta do fakie kick flips but I hardly pop them.

Comment

Broken shits no fun... :( I still havent really been doing flip tricks since I broke my foot. Been trying to take it easy and been wrapping my foot when I skate. Get your vitamins spency. The ligaments, tendons and muscles are all still really stiff around my foot from the lack of movement. Slow and steady. the thought of re-injuring it terrifies me. its kind of forced me to learn to skate tranny better though lol

Comment

Man, ive been missing skateboarding. From 12-17 years old its what I did/thought about day in and day out. I miss all the old footy from the east coast (nyc 90s with the super baggy pants, philly, etc). Unfortunately, I stopped skating to hang out with my evil ex. After i broke it off, I never really got back into it, and got into automotive for a career, rather then filming/graphic design.

My body cant take that crap anymore though, I mean I was decent enough but I wasn't a crazy gap skater. I had a few breaks, I skated a decent ammount of ledges/gaps. Once I hit 18, I did not want anything on my record aswell, so thats when skating stopped.

Lately, I have been trying to think of a past time that is irrelevant to automobiles, and skating came up. I am debating getting a super wide setup for tranny cruising and such, seems like it could be somewhat a bit more mellow rather then hurling myself down grass gaps.

I got a big foot, size 12, I used to ride 8'' boards. Anyone recommend a tranny setup? I was thinking about 8-8.5, high trucks, big rictas, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
          Broken shits no fun... :( I still havent really been doing flip tricks since I broke my foot. Been trying to take it easy and been wrapping my foot when I skate. Get your vitamins spency. The ligaments, tendons and muscles are all still really stiff around my foot from the lack of movement. Slow and steady. the thought of re-injuring it terrifies me. its kind of forced me to learn to skate tranny better though lol
          Yeah.... Sucks :(
          It's getting better though.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376948293.923485.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	7159738

Comment

i have almost the same scar on my right ankle. it basically ended my skating life but I still hopped on the board and scooted around once in a blue moon but no more all day skate sessions.

Stopped for a few years... 17 years later i got a new setup and I'm skating again. It's heartbreaking to go to the old spots and see that's it's either completely been knobbed or just not there at all.
            sigpic

Comment

filmed a trick today. first in awhile. heres how the footy turned out

lol

Comment

Originally posted by MF DOOM View Post
                filmed a trick today. first in awhile. heres how the footy turned out

lol

Seriously blows my mind when I people hop guard rails like that. I could always get good distance but could only ever get to waist high. Excited to get back on my board this month. Been a few years....it'll be ugly.
                Swanny!
                SUCKERS.

Comment

I love this kid. Baby Scumbag, skates for Primitive.

Last edited by E30_Pare; 12-20-2013, 01:41 AM.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                  DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

meh that kid kinda irks me.

especially how the guys at kayo promote it.

update on the ankle, works at almost 100%! i still have the fear of hurting it linger while skating though. and it does get sore after long sessions.

Comment

He's from my hood so I grew up with a bunch of kids like that haha.

Same with P-rod always killin the local skateparks. Seems like LA skaters are another breed.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                      DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Kid annoys me too.

I hear you on the ankle. I was so timid after breaking my foot. Extremely scared of regular flip tricks. I still dont have full movement.

Been super motivated to skate lately but this weathers killing me... Fuck snow. Makes me miss Ca.

Comment

long winter bump.

Been super busy with school and work and we're still getting days where it snows (so fuck all you kids who cry about weather(east coasters)) but theres been a few nice days lately. My friend has been making little edits every time he goes to the park. Nothing serious. Just stuff of everyone doing anything. Its pretty sick. Putting all the local kids in these edits is really getting the young ones hyped. heres two of em.

im the tall lanky kid who breaks his board. excuse the retarded kickflip. lazy :p

and have the last few tricks here

Comment

Just got a good wood deck to get back out and kill myself.
                            Swanny!
                            SUCKERS.

Comment

Just got a good wood deck to get back out and kill myself.
                              Swanny!
                              SUCKERS.

Comment

You guys make me feel so old. For me it was Dog Town and Bones Brigade back in my day lol.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X