Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

about to get hired at the local vw/scoobie dealer as a chauffeur/car washer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

about to get hired at the local vw/scoobie dealer as a chauffeur/car washer.

i know there are some people here who have experience working at or for dealers..... what are some benefits? also whats some good advice on things NOT to do vs things to do?
    sorry if i come across as a noob, i just want to make this a very good experience because it can be a gateway to more things to come.

so r3v, any advice?

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
    so r3v, any advice?
    Work hard and don't scratch people's cars.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Well, I've never done this job... but I'm pretty sure it should be pretty self explanatory once you start...
      Originally posted by z31maniac
      I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

not exactly pertaining just this job, but advancing to better jobs in the same industry.

Comment

Well, that makes more sense.
          Originally posted by z31maniac
          I just hate everyone.

No need for discretion.

Comment

Don't be late! Specially if you have to drive customers around!!

Don't be smelly, srs, when they guy who washes your cars smells like BO it just leaves a poor impression in the customer's mind.

Other than that, do your job and don't fuck with settings inside cust cars.

Good luck!
            Youtube channel is up!-->According2Valentine

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.
            If lucky, the E36 will die peacefully, in its natural habitat, and be given the prestigious honor of donating its parts to an E30
            Originally posted by J3M93
            This guy delivers, you are a boss

Comment

Become friends with or at least liked by the managers

Comment

If it's got potential, you'll need to look like you're serious about it. Pretty clean cut, no earrings, that sort of thing. Presentation, to your employer, and to the customers, is critical.
                Present BMWs: E30 325iC, E39 540 Sport 6-speed, E60 M5 SMG

E30 Cabrio Turbo Project

Comment

Be extremely polite. Let go of shit bothering you when you get to work. Just get any stress out in the work you do.

Oh and because it's going to bother me, it's chauffeur.
                  Dean
                  Instagram
                  1987 325isA
                  1987 325i - 383k

Comment

Learn how to spell, chauffeur.

On a more serious note, you will have to show determination each and every day. There are a million people (especially in a crappy economy) that can move and wash cars, what makes you different will set you apart from the rest and give you a reputation at your dealership.

In terms of advancement, at a dealership there are two paths that I can see (however, I have no real experience so I could be wrong), either administrative or service. By administrative I mean everyone that's in the front office, the salespeople to the managers, basically everyone that is responsible for selling the car. The service side is everyone that works one the car once it's been sold.

Really depends on which path you wish to take. More often than not, many of the guys who work in the lot will remain behind the scenes more or less, moving on to a tech position or working in the parts department, depends on how interested you are in training for these different services.

Bottom line, work hard, kiss some ass, and take the available opportunity when it comes around as there may not ever be another, at least not at that dealership. Managers like to see people that take life by the balls.

EDIT: Damn it, I was typing my response, it bothered me too.

Comment

PM sent.
                      M Coupe

Comment

Kiss the bosse's ass. Some pricks tend to do that and have luck getting on the managers good side. Also you need to gossip like old ladies. Believe it or not you'll feel like youre working with a lot of kids. LOL other than that good luck.

Comment

Don't adjust the seat, don't change the station (turn off if needed), don't leave keys inside cars while washing them, don't put keys in your pocket and don't forget to wash the wheels.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by Raxe View Post
                            Don't adjust the seat, don't change the station (turn off if needed), don't leave keys inside cars while washing them, don't put keys in your pocket and don't forget to wash the wheels.
                            i never forget the wheels! ;)

Comment

I did that job for like 4 years (through all of high school and a year right after), if you're working with fun people and good managers it's a blast.

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Working...
                              X