Anyone bike to work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone bike to work?

I want to bike to work over the summer. Anyone bike regularly to work longer than 15 mins and if so what do you use for a bike (or recommend?)
    Ma che cazzo state dicendo? :|

I have a Raleigh M20 not to be confused with the engine. Great bike that i've had for a bunch of years now. I don't even know if they make that model still.

The Build:
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=191125

Comment

I ride a mountain bike everyday to school.

Comment

since its getting warmer ima start riding my cheap 100dollar craiglist mountian bike everywhere, especially to bars, can't get arrested for riding a bike drunk :)

Comment

its hot and muggy in OH in the summer time man. that means hot an sweaty when you get to work, and then again when you get home. That shit is too much like work
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by devon.818 View Post
            ...can't get arrested for riding a bike drunk :)
            oh yes you can.

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
              oh yes you can.

MD has zero BUI laws.
              can get civil tickets for being drunk in public, disorderly conduct, and being a nucants, also can be arrested for being drunk in public, but none of that will get me points on my license nor affect insurance.

so i'll take those over driving lol

Comment

Originally posted by dothadance View Post
                oh yes you can.
                this is truth
                Originally posted by Fusion
                If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                William Pitt-

Comment

I like my single speed Redline 925 and use it to bike to work
                  sigpic

Comment

Basically everyone over here in Portland Oregon does.
                    M Coupe

Comment

Yep couple times a week.

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                      I want to bike to work over the summer. Anyone bike regularly to work longer than 15 mins and if so what do you use for a bike (or recommend?)
                      If you don't live in a hilly area, any cheap single speed will do the trick. Scour craigslist or go to bikedirect.com.
                      Last edited by Nick_S; 03-19-2012, 07:15 AM.
                      91 318is M50 swapped
                      05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

every day, rain and shine. Play for no pay, no better way, cars suck.
                        --Will

Comment

I ride my bike everywhere. Most of the time if I anticipate it being an under 15 mile round trip, I take the bike.

I only have to fill up my car every month to month and a half!

Comment

Originally posted by b*saint View Post
                            I started a few months ago.

Used to be 8 Miles one way. So about 16 miles a day was my commute. The day job's office moved closer. Now it's ~3 Miles one way. Yeah, there is almost no reason to drive. Currently I don't own a car. It's barely 15 minutes one way now, don't even work up a sweat. Of course I live in Phoenix, that will change on the way home soon with our climate.

I ride an old GT mountain bike I got for $100 off craigslist, it's relatively light for a mountain bike with front suspension. I'd like to get a commuter/city bike though, since I can avoid the only patch of dirt if I wanted to. I'm sure I'd be faster on something lighter/not as bulky.
                            Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Can't do that across the CT river no bridge to get to there. Plus I'd need to tow my trailer for my PUB's and Gear.
                              https://www.facebook.com/BentOverRacing

Comment

Working...
                              X