Persuasive speech topics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Persuasive speech topics

Gotta give a two minute speech tomorrow for a public speaking class. Didn't care enough to prepare but I actually have to have an outline and 'research' documented. Need some people to throw ideas at me because right now I can't focus for shit.

Only 'no-no's are overdone or controversial things like abortion, death penalty, smoking, etc.

Will post tits in return

edit; nvm no tits per the rules. Will post something else instead.
    -Alex

your stroker build, haha.
    1987 325is Black/Black
    -Stock (mostly)

Comment

Talk about general public complacency - that is, not having an issue with a topic at a certain time because it doesn't affect you at a certain time. Discuss whether it is a moral/ethical issue.

Another angle to this - laws are changed by concentrated focus groups that attack an issue.

The title of your topic could be something like this: Have a Stance on Physician Assisted Suicide?....Me either.

Comment

That was below the belt, no tits for you!

Pete, that is definitely interesting. I think it might fall under the 'controversial' category but I will see if there's a way around that.
        -Alex

Comment

Persuade people not to buy a Prius. Tell them diesel is better, more efficient, and is much cleaner burning than gas as well as cheaper to refine the fuel.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

haha, i was being serious! it's an interesting topic. What's your major?
            1987 325is Black/Black
            -Stock (mostly)

Comment

hmmm...How about: Going to college could be viewed as a bad investment.

Take the average cost of college throughout US (comparable colleges), estimate student debt, compare that to the average salary a recent grad makes and discuss the Return on Investment (ROI). Also, discuss what you could have done with that money (invest it, etc).

Comment

Do it on 'Like-Button Activism', or the attempt by people to be dedicated or attached to a cause merely to appear dedicated or attached to a cause, until that cause is no longer relevant to the current media that influences their life. Said activism is superficial at best and usually manifests itself in the sale of t-shirts, wristbands, or facebook groups.

Comment

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
                  Persuade people not to buy a Prius. Tell them diesel is better, more efficient, and is much cleaner burning than gas as well as cheaper to refine the fuel.
                  Originally posted by Rustyduktape View Post
                  haha, i was being serious! it's an interesting topic. What's your major?
                  I guess there is a lesson behind it! haha. I am in Mechanical Engineering, this is just one of my bullshit 'take it or you dont graduate' classes.

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                  hmmm...How about: Going to college could be viewed as a bad investment.

Take the average cost of college throughout US (comparable colleges), estimate student debt, compare that to the average salary a recent grad makes and discuss the Return on Investment (ROI). Also, discuss what you could have done with that money (invest it, etc).
                  Again not a bad idea, definitely some potential here. Just not sure how that would hold up in a college classroom haha!
                  -Alex

Comment

do it on anti-intellectualism in the usa.
                    AWD > RWD

Comment

CISPA. And gay shit government laws.
                      1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                      willschnitz

Comment

Not bad!? This is gold served on a silver platter! lol ok how about this:

Since you are in mechanical engineering you could talk about how Americans need to start fixing their things themselves (sense of agency). Discuss the environmental and economical effects of a throw away society, bring in your hobby of driving a 20 year old car and knowing everything about it - how you save money when it breaks, one less car that had to be manufactured etc. You could even Reference a book called Shop Class for Soul Craft (first three chapters were promising, but the booked was bad overall - missed the point).
                        Last edited by PeteD; 04-22-2012, 07:22 PM. Reason: noticed a spelling error, there are probably more...sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                          I am in Mechanical Engineering

Dude that's awesome! I need to get my shit together and pursue something I actually want to do. Anyways, talk about your major and how your passionate about it, and what you want to do with it after school?
                          1987 325is Black/Black
                          -Stock (mostly)

Comment

go on imgur.com

Comment

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
                              CISPA.
                              ^this

I did a brief essay on how people are constantly relating their feelings they had toward SOPA, to this too.
                              Only problem i have with that is I feel theyre two completely different things. Yeah theyre dealing with the internet and whatnot, but CISPA stops cyber attacks, and SOPA did copyright infringement.
                              Yeah the CISPA bill needs work cause its pretty much vague to the point where its a problem, but its on to a good track and it absolutely has good intentions.

its good stuff to talk about.

Also, try going to youtube.com/sourcefed for good topics. they sum things up in pretty much 2 minutes and they provide sources too. good place to get cool news.
                              I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X