What amount of money would make you comfortable?
Collapse
X
-
-
Right across my house
$117k 3 Bedrooms 2 Baths built in '92
Idk if this dirt cheap to you or to anyone in here
Leave a comment:
-
I don't think it matters how much I make annually. I went from making about 7k-10k per year(18-19yrs old) to 20k(20-21yrs), but I still don't have any extra in the bank. For most people the more you make, the more you spend. It just depends on how you live your life. So unless I get an huge lump some of cash I don't think there is an annual salary that I could say I don't need more.Leave a comment:
-
I can survive off 45K a year easily, I tend to try and live within my means. So that being said If I was making 100K things would be smoother. IE my buffer in the bank would be higher. I used to keep 6-9 months worth of salary in the bank that has not been true as of lately due to my sporadic employment as of lately.
But It pays the bills and I survive so I don't complain when I miss another holiday or birthday.Leave a comment:
-
Sup G! I have alot of guys in his position that work for me, I have to tell these guys all the time. Just find something you love and work your balls off- in 10 years you'll realize why right now is the absolute worst time to put yourself into debt.Leave a comment:
-
Don't think the wife and I will ever see the day where we say "ok...there's enough in the portfolio....time to stop." We're investing the majority of what comes in so it will still pay out after we retire.
wont even stop when I have 365 Bentleys, one day for every car.Leave a comment:
-
you probably make 70k a year when you add up all the allowances.The wife is active duty USMC I'm a reservist Marine with a full time job. We make around 45k a year without our housing allowance which is 1200 a month. Our housing allowance pays 75% of our bills. I'm still not content. I'm working my ass off to get promoted or I'll find a new job that pays more. Id be comfy with us making 70k a year maybe more because we have a kid on the way but my wife gets a pay bump because of an added dependant. Military has its perks and it's downsides.Leave a comment:
-
$500k wont get you out west anymore, at least not out of the valley. That money wont get you a 500 square foot apartment in downtown anymore.I agree 100%.
I figure $250k / year would be pretty comfy. not being an ass, but honestly with 4 Kids, single income thats what would make me comfortable, and I could be back in BC or Alberta where I and my family would be more content.
as for a lump sum to make me Comfy? not going to lie, $500k, will pay for a modest house out west, and pay off the ol' Caravan so I would be essentially debt free. but even at that ammount, I cant afford to miss any time away from work.
then I would be able to save paychecks for retirement. that would be pretty sweet.
It really has gotten stupid out here.Last edited by Todd Black 88; 04-24-2012, 08:00 PM.Leave a comment:
-
Sorry i cant let this one slip..
Get your shit together. Stop with that american dream BS. More than half these kids will limp dick their way through school, aquire massive debt, and get outworked by someone more driven/talented than them when they find a job.. thats IF they find a job.
Dont think it will ever be comfortable, or easy if you ever want to be succesful in anything.
Youre very young.
Find something you love to do
start at the bottom, be humble
look at the guy one notch above you and say to yourself- Im going to outwork this motherfucker.
Work hard, never half ass anything, and master said trade.
You wil gain respect and recognition over time it doesent matter where your from. A degree does not show an employer you have paid dues. Paying dues shows that you paid dues..
They will cry about guys like you taking our cozy jobs.. But IMO maybe theyre not hungry enough.. Maybe they need to step it the fuck up.
OT, there is no amount of money I can be "content" with. Im never content. Being content doesent drive me to attempt to be the absolute best at what I do.
I thought we got along well! :)Leave a comment:
-
-
I'd say $2k in my savings and I'd be fine.
I'm a college student, so I don't have many expenses besides gas, insurance, and food. $2k would give me enough to stretch my biweekly paychecks of $500 while still being able to save a couple hundred, and then comfortably spend on any miscellaneous parts/expenses and recoupe those expenses stress freeLeave a comment:
-
Franco, that's the type of shit that makes me proud to be an American.Im worse than all of you I been living in this country for 11years i came here when i was 12 From Uruguay, I want to go to school and earn a degree like every other person can but i don't even have a green card.
My life is very frustrating and i find my self very angry all the time because i feel less than the normal 23 year old in school or doing something with their life that will end them up somewhere in life.
Yea i have done my research to acquire my papers and well as my family and as of now the only way would be to marry someone (working on this with my new gf)
I fell thought that is not fair but fuck it im going to do it and i know i will be comfortable one day and i will be able afford to have a nice family and live the "American Dream" even is this country doesn't give it to me im going to pull it out of its ass.
I have owned a bunch of nice cars by working my ass off since i was 15.. Cars is the only thing that keeps me saint in my mind.
If I lived in Iran, god knows what the fuck I'd be doing right now.Leave a comment:
-
-
The wife is active duty USMC I'm a reservist Marine with a full time job. We make around 45k a year without our housing allowance which is 1200 a month. Our housing allowance pays 75% of our bills. I'm still not content. I'm working my ass off to get promoted or I'll find a new job that pays more. Id be comfy with us making 70k a year maybe more because we have a kid on the way but my wife gets a pay bump because of an added dependant. Military has its perks and it's downsides.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: