What amount of money would make you comfortable?
Collapse
X
-
I agree 100%.
I figure $250k / year would be pretty comfy. not being an ass, but honestly with 4 Kids, single income thats what would make me comfortable, and I could be back in BC or Alberta where I and my family would be more content.
as for a lump sum to make me Comfy? not going to lie, $500k, will pay for a modest house out west, and pay off the ol' Caravan so I would be essentially debt free. but even at that ammount, I cant afford to miss any time away from work.
then I would be able to save paychecks for retirement. that would be pretty sweet. -
Sorry i cant let this one slip..Im worse than all of you I been living in this country for 11years i came here when i was 12 From Uruguay, I want to go to school and earn a degree like every other person can but i don't even have a green card.
My life is very frustrating and i find my self very angry all the time because i feel less than the normal 23 year old in school or doing something with their life that will end them up somewhere in life.
Yea i have done my research to acquire my papers and well as my family and as of now the only way would be to marry someone (working on this with my new gf)
I fell thought that is not fair but fuck it im going to do it and i know i will be comfortable one day and i will be able afford to have a nice family and live the "American Dream" even is this country doesn't give it to me im going to pull it out of its ass.
I have owned a bunch of nice cars by working my ass off since i was 15.. Cars is the only thing that keeps me saint in my mind.
Get your shit together. Stop with that american dream BS. More than half these kids will limp dick their way through school, aquire massive debt, and get outworked by someone more driven/talented than them when they find a job.. thats IF they find a job.
Dont think it will ever be comfortable, or easy if you ever want to be succesful in anything.
Youre very young.
Find something you love to do
start at the bottom, be humble
look at the guy one notch above you and say to yourself- Im going to outwork this motherfucker.
Work hard, never half ass anything, and master said trade.
You wil gain respect and recognition over time it doesent matter where your from. A degree does not show an employer you have paid dues. Paying dues shows that you paid dues..
They will cry about guys like you taking our cozy jobs.. But IMO maybe theyre not hungry enough.. Maybe they need to step it the fuck up.
OT, there is no amount of money I can be "content" with. Im never content. Being content doesent drive me to attempt to be the absolute best at what I do.Leave a comment:
-
next year i am going to grad school in a different city for my masters degree. I have no job waiting for me there, no oppertunities (as yet) I am going to try to get 25K together before I leave adn maybe live a year with no job, and get out with no loans. After that I want 80K for me living alone, and 120K+ if family.Leave a comment:
-
-
I can live comfortably on $45k, though it'll take me 50 years to pay off a goddamn house around here. No kids, no wife.Leave a comment:
-
$40-50K year & I'll be pretty much set. Can't wait to start and finish nursing school.Leave a comment:
-
i'd love to have around 50k, just to pay off future tuition. then i'd live comfortably making money as a biomed engineer.
realistically, i'd like 5k to finish this swap, and to start going to college comfortably.Leave a comment:
-
inb4stopstealingourjobsyouillegalimmigrant
keep your head up franco, a bunch of my friends have eventually gotten their green cards or citizenships. education helps a lot, even if it's not formal. you can go the library and start learning. another option is to move to MD, afaik, we have the Dream Act going on down here and you would be able to attend college since you've been in the country for so long.Leave a comment:
-
Im worse than all of you I been living in this country for 11years i came here when i was 12 From Uruguay, I want to go to school and earn a degree like every other person can but i don't even have a green card.
My life is very frustrating and i find my self very angry all the time because i feel less than the normal 23 year old in school or doing something with their life that will end them up somewhere in life.
Yea i have done my research to acquire my papers and well as my family and as of now the only way would be to marry someone (working on this with my new gf)
I fell thought that is not fair but fuck it im going to do it and i know i will be comfortable one day and i will be able afford to have a nice family and live the "American Dream" even is this country doesn't give it to me im going to pull it out of its ass.
I have owned a bunch of nice cars by working my ass off since i was 15.. Cars is the only thing that keeps me saint in my mind.Leave a comment:
-
Honestly being 22, $45k or more a year would be perfect. Take into consideration lack of bills and no kids, I'd be making equal to someone with a family and regular bills making round $90k+. Or 15-20 an hour would also be perfect.Leave a comment:
-
A doctor came in for a mortgage inquiry. His loan for the house was over 2mill.
He made fun of himself telling me he has a big house, but no time to live in it.Leave a comment:
-
One of my goals in life is to make more than my father once did.
I'm really investing a lot of my own time and money in school.
After graduating with a B.A in Econmics I plan on working for a few years then pursing an MBA degreeLeave a comment:
-
Truth, If I made 75k a year I would be comfortable. But, then again I'm single, no dependants, little debt, and I don't own a home.
I would have one bad ass e30 though.Leave a comment:
-
Having just recently plunged into the world of home ownership (and all the expenses that come with it), I could comfortably make it on $5K/mo after taxes. Approx 1/2 of that covers mortgage, insurance, taxes, utilities, etc. The other have would be split 3 ways for savings, maintenance and play money (i'm already putting money aside from my paycheck for retirement).
JonLeave a comment:
-
With no bills, I could live on 2 g's a month. But comfortably is like 80 - 90k a year.Leave a comment:

Leave a comment: