ID:	7193622

These are sweet - me likey.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	23172552_1583370311720937_7835449392455247118_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	7193623

Comment

Har Har there late...... I see what you did there.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Well I've gotta say the P38 is a beast with the studded winter tires so far. Normally wouldn't do studs, but they were already installed on the tires the PO included with the sale.

It's taking the cold ok for the most part. I've noticed after about 2 days the front suspension will start to sag a bit. Not a huge concern yet since it pumps back up once the compressor does its thing. Something to tackle once it gets warmer out.

Also got the bracket for the CB antenna made - Just need to tidy up the wiring.

-Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
        '95 525iT
        '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
        '98 Disco 1

Comment

I like the P38, I was debating getting this or the RRC. Who knows, I'm still thinking about adding the P38 to the collection but the electronics I heard are a nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
            I've noticed after about 2 days the front suspension will start to sag a bit. Not a huge concern yet since it pumps back up once the compressor does its thing. Something to tackle once it gets warmer out.
            We replaced the air "distribution block" or whatever they call it, at each end. Front was inside the passenger wheel well, rear was above the rear axle. They have these simple quick connect air hose fittings. That solved the sagging-after-sitting problem. If the compressor has to run too much to always re-level it, it will wear out fast.

Comment

I was initially looking for a nice RRC - but with the prices for a clean one, and the way things rust here in Cleveland, I couldn't bring myself to do that. The bodies on the P38s seem to hold up better, and to ensure that mine does, I did have WaxOyl applied to the frame and panels in the fall. Wasn't cheap but I want to hang on to the truck for awhile.

Once we thaw out some up here, I plan on going over the EAS with a spray bottle and soapy water. Hoping I can coax it along to spring give the valve block and compressor a proper going-over.
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

So my 2000 Discovery II has been getting a little tired, play in the steering box, driveline clunk, leaking sunroofs, and its slower than a rock falling UP a cliff.

So I did the next best thing, bought a wrecked 2011 Range Rover Sport HSE (base model) and put it back together

Bought it from a Porsche dealer with a crack in the front bumper, cracked core support, AC condenser bashed in, broken headlight, broken foglights, bad timing chain tensioners, bad lower control arms, and a few other things here and there.

Mistake 1) they gave me a complementary 90 day warranty.. so off it went to Land Rover for new timing chain guides and control arms (thanks AutoNation!) Why they would toss a warranty on a wrecked range rover is beyond me.. but hell.

Bought a new front bumper, core support, headlight, foglights and put it all back together.. so for the same price as a beat to shit 2006 I have a 2011. was fun putting it together too

Comment

Nice buy. And isn't the Sport an LR3/4 underneath? So a pretty solid truck.

Comment

So I got serious:

Now that the weather is getting better I'll be cruising along with this thing...hopefully.

Not too concerned with the body condition....a restoration deal would drive me insane. It'll look cool with that "character"
                    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

If you plant that body, will it grow more Range Rovers?

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                        If you plant that body, will it grow more Range Rovers?
                        It's working on returning to the earth, that's for sure....started long before I got it.

Got a line on another 109....5-door....IDK if I wanna go for it or not...maybe if I can get rid of a couple other things.

Comment

Don't bother with paint. It's a 4x4. It's supposed to be a little beat up.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                            Got a line on another 109....5-door....
                            I like the station wagon body, and more usable.

I forget, did you already talk about this?... Are you lengthening the frame to fit the 100" body?

>EDIT> ....I said that backwards, didn't I? "Lengthening the frame to fit the 109" body." But it sounds like they're pretty close!
                            Last edited by LateFan; 01-26-2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                              I like the station wagon body, and more usable.

I forget, did you already talk about this?... Are you lengthening the frame to fit the 100" body?
                              Nope, it's a LWB Classic frame, so it's very close. IIRC I just need the rear crossmember from a Series truck and I'll be golden. Set that, pop in the rear tub and then everything falls in from there.

Bulkhead on this one is pretttty bad....could use a new one honestly, but I'mm roll with this one while I do my metal work and trans tunnel clearance work...fuck I said too much....

It's gonna be a blast.

Comment

I like where this is going....
                                -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
                                '95 525iT
                                '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
                                '98 Disco 1

Comment

Working...
                                X