No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice thing is, most of the bushings are super-easy to replace on these things

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
      So slammin and I replaced fuel pump, put about 1.5 gallons of coolant, 7 gallons of gas, a can of seafoam, and 2 quarts of oil and BAM WE DROVE THAT BITCH 30 MILES HOME.

It sort of wonders when you hit a bump, so I need to crawl under there and see what bushings need replacing.
      Need pics fucker.

This Disco runs damn good for over 250k miles....started up on the 2nd crank after we put the FP in.

SRSLY JELLY.....but I still like Classics better. ;)
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
        Nice thing is, most of the bushings are super-easy to replace on these things

It looked like it.

Its 230k miles sir.
        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
          It looked like it.

Its 230k miles sir.
          I thought it had a more....impressive number.

Comment

I've never really understood what the deal is with Land Rovers. Some people say they're the most reliable rig out there and the others says they're the biggest piles of shit. I'd really to get like an 03' disco but, I'd rather not gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by Mlarsen View Post
              I've never really understood what the deal is with Land Rovers. Some people say they're the most reliable rig out there and the others says they're the biggest piles of shit. I'd really to get like an 03' disco but, I'd rather not gamble.
              IMO they're easier to work on than e30s. I did the solid brake lines going to the rear brakes in about an hour....and that includes a 20 minute trip to the store to get the lines.

I've never been more happy working on a vehicle. Usually I get angry.

Comment

I was referring more on the reliability of the vehicle.

Comment

They all have their problems. Biggest ones are head gaskets and electronics. Neither will leave you stranded on the trail.

They are incredibly heavy where they need to be and quite light where the don't. Axles, frames, transfer cases, and suspension components are all beefy beyond my belief.

Comment

Got new tires today, shocks + new front driveshaft tonight.

Comment

[QUOTE=James Crivellone;3500366

Got new tires today, shocks + new front driveshaft tonight.[/QUOTE]

What are you doing for replacement shocks? Factory style or upgrading?

Bahama Beige E23 Project
                      Bluebird Bus Conversion
                      New Oregon Trail

Comment

He got some Bilsteins

Comment

Any of you RRC guys seem to go through a lot of front u joints?
                          sigpic
                          89 325i Offroad
                          89 325i
                          05 C240 Wagon

Comment

Got the front shocks and new driveshaft installed this evening. Thanks 10Toes for the help.

Got sent the incorrect rear shocks, so still rocking the stock blown rears. Vibration is still present after the front driveshaft replacement so need to dig further into that as well. Also going to replace the steering dampener when I get the new rear shocks in.

Still need to replace the drivers seat and CD Changer. Also changing the diff / transfer case lubricants.

January/February will be HeadGasket / Engine topend month. Going to replace the cam, lifters, top end gaskets, plugs, wires, etc. I'm going to inspect the Cam first but I can only assume the lobes are pretty worn out.

Comment

As I'm sure you're aware, check with D & D for your cam needs.

Comment

Originally posted by AZRRC View Post
                                Any of you RRC guys seem to go through a lot of front u joints?
                                Not yet, but now I'm feeling leery.

Mine's starting to wander a bit. Gonna have to do the swivel pin pre-load soon.

Always something.

Comment

Working...
                                X