OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non stop disco!

Seriously though, just replaced all my bushings in the Discovery. Serious pain in the ass. Quite rusty for a Cali/Az vehicle...
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

So slammin and I threw my disco up on the lift to see why its kind of wandering when you hit the gas.

SHOW THEM THE PIC SLAMMIN.
      1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
        So slammin and I threw my disco up on the lift to see why its kind of wandering when you hit the gas.

SHOW THEM THE PIC SLAMMIN.
        Kind of wandering? That this was driving fucking sideways down the road.

Wait for it....

...wait for it....

....because urethane lasts forever.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

BAM. (looks like UUC made this one.... I kid, I kid)
          Just gotta get that fixed, repack swivel ball on one side, fix tail light(which is probably a fuse), and get a new rear exhaust section.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
            BAM. (looks like UUC made this one.... I kid, I kid)
            Just gotta get that fixed, repack swivel ball on one side, fix tail light(which is probably a fuse), and get a new rear exhaust section.
            Reseal the swivel balls. May as well do both. Fuck running those thing dry.

Comment

Pull the taillight & check the contacts at the bulb holders. Mine was slightly heated & warped. Kept losing brakelights. Had to file & sand to get a reliable contact. Weird...

Comment

market is soft here to sell my RRC...i'm going to keep it for a little while, at least through winter. More to come.

Comment

Today on the way back to work on lunch my + battery cable terminal decided to finally give out. Sucker shut right down around a turn. Had to warp the remaining part of the terminal to get it to stay on the battery to get to work.

Thankfully I've got like 10 of these terminals at work for like $1.50.

Edit, this:

Almost left Inufaye and I stranded on I-81N a few times when the truck would cut off and back on. We made it though.
                  Last edited by slammin.e28; 12-18-2012, 06:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                    Pull the taillight & check the contacts at the bulb holders. Mine was slightly heated & warped. Kept losing brakelights. Had to file & sand to get a reliable contact. Weird...
                    This happened on my reverse.

Gotta check the right side now.

Comment

Anyone know of any other Discovery 2 CDL kits?

I've considered the Ashcroft one,

We are a family owned business and have been supplying quality products and excellent customer service worldwide since 1988. We are currently open and operating as normal. However we currently have longer lead times than usual; the lead time for transmissions is around 4-5 weeks. Parts orders are being dispatched as normal. We ship worldwide.

however I'm sure others exist. lots of broken linkes out there.

Comment

Originally posted by James Crivellone View Post
                        Anyone know of any other Discovery 2 CDL kits?

I've considered the Ashcroft one,

We are a family owned business and have been supplying quality products and excellent customer service worldwide since 1988. We are currently open and operating as normal. However we currently have longer lead times than usual; the lead time for transmissions is around 4-5 weeks. Parts orders are being dispatched as normal. We ship worldwide.

however I'm sure others exist. lots of broken linkes out there.
                        modify a stock D1 linkage or find a 04 D2 Linkage, search on http://discoweb.org/forums/index.php to find the diagrams of what you need. Or give Will Tillery a call I'm sure he can sort you out.

Comment

^Yup. The "Tech" section on D-web has a how-to

Comment

Alright, talk to me about Disco seats.

Did they change the rails from 1995 to 1996? Or did we get Disco 2 seats by mistake?

The seats in Inufaye's Disco just have the rails that bolt to the lower frame inside the rail.

The seats we got to replace them with have a 90 degree bend at the back of the rail with a bolt hole in it, but the front is similar to the original seats.

The dude we got the seats from was parting a 1 and 2, so IDK if he got the seats mixed up or if there was a change from '95 to '96.

Last edited by slammin.e28; 12-19-2012, 08:01 AM.

Comment

I think we just swap the seat rails.

Comment

Also, the belt buckle in this Disco 1 is attached to the center console. These new seats have one attached to the seat rail.

WTF ROVER?

Comment

Working...
                                X