Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5ickride
    replied
    I like the P38, I was debating getting this or the RRC. Who knows, I'm still thinking about adding the P38 to the collection but the electronics I heard are a nightmare.

Leave a comment:

• BlackSpeed66
    replied
    Well I've gotta say the P38 is a beast with the studded winter tires so far. Normally wouldn't do studs, but they were already installed on the tires the PO included with the sale.

It's taking the cold ok for the most part. I've noticed after about 2 days the front suspension will start to sag a bit. Not a huge concern yet since it pumps back up once the compressor does its thing. Something to tackle once it gets warmer out.

Also got the bracket for the CB antenna made - Just need to tidy up the wiring.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Har Har there late...... I see what you did there.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    ^^ Looks like they do decent work.

These are weird ...me no likey
    Click image for larger version

Name:	24174507_1609381812453120_726049614779517137_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	7193622

These are sweet - me likey.

Name:	23172552_1583370311720937_7835449392455247118_n.jpg
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	7193623

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    Found these guys the other day. They are offering to build Discos or RRC's for $8k or so, more depending upon options. I thought it was an interesting idea...

Leave a comment:

• Holland
    replied
    Originally posted by 5ickride View Post
    Picked up an RRC this past week. I’m already questioning my decision. Born in 1989, she dawns an Eastnor Green and tan color with just 83k miles.
    Nice. I miss my Disco, and want to get a RRC or P38 soon enough.

I'll always tell my friends to buy a Toyota instead.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Rare Auction Opportunity!

Extremely rare '93 Ford F150 4x4
    Only 500 made in this color combination for the N American market! (130,000 in Europe)
    Very good condition.
    Rolled and repaired completely with junkyard cab and replacement box - salvage title but good as new.
    Some rust - professionally repaired with fiberglass, Bondo, and Krylon.
    Non-original engine, rebuilt by my Conoco station.
    Swapped manual to automatic with factory original column shifter.
    Aftermarket wheels

Current Bid $100,000
    Don't miss this rare opportunity to own a unique used 24 year old utility truck!

Name:	fullsizerender_8__e7501f92cd6d1f46a6e1ce49f643cde56aa1a899.jpg
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	7193621

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    yes yes..... It's NOT a $100,000 vehicle. ^^ These guy's early RRC's are nearly identical underneath, just 10" less wheelbase. It's a glorified tractor, and this one has been wrecked, rusted, rebuilt, painted over, and now he thinks it's worth a fortune.

<EDIT> You can buy a 1992 Defender now, legally, and do the same amount of work this guy did, and be out of there for 25 or 30k - same car.
    I dont disagree with you at all, just saying that the 110's in NAS spec were only available for 1 or 2 years and are rare. I would never pay a 100k for one let alone a wrecked and especially because as you point out a Classic is 97% the same thing only much nicer on the inside lol ......

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    yes yes..... It's NOT a $100,000 vehicle. ^^ These guy's early RRC's are nearly identical underneath, just 10" less wheelbase. It's a glorified tractor, and this one has been wrecked, rusted, rebuilt, painted over, and now he thinks it's worth a fortune.

<EDIT> You can buy a 1992 Defender now, legally, and do the same amount of work this guy did, and be out of there for 25 or 30k - same car.
    ^^ This.

This is why I'm swapping a Series III 109" onto my RRC LWB frame. Budget Defender. Same looks, same chassis. I have to use the Defender hood and grille anyway, so it'll be a confusing truck.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    ^
    Those were only imported for 90 and 91 and less than 200 of them in NAS spec... Rare desirable beast that the Feds cant come take away from you when they think it looks too new because it has a US VIN tag..

Leave a comment:

• Wschnitz
    replied
    I mean, its a NAS 110, they are like 80k starting for a pile of rust.

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    For contrast, here's an "Original" NAS Defender
    Rolled over
    Frame replaced
    Evidence of rust
    Motor swap
    Automatic swap
    "Driver" quality paint in the wrong color
    Wrong wheels
    Wheels and bars should be white
    WY plates but of course it's in Los Angeles

Current Bid $100,000

Can you believe this stuff?

Enjoy your RRC - it's the same truck underneath.

Bid for the chance to own a 4.2L-Powered 1993 Land Rover Defender 110 NAS at auction with Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online. Lot #7,449.

Name:	NAS.jpg
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	7193607

Leave a comment:

• mbonder
    replied
    Down south, that explains it. I don't think you could find a beauty like that up here in NJ.

Really nice find!

Leave a comment:

• 5ickride
    replied
    Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post
    Beautiful Classic, love the green.
    Originally posted by mbonder View Post
    That looks super clean, which I could find something like that, you must have paid a premium in NJ.
    Thanks! I found it down by Charlotte on CL. Owner was an indy shop who had just picked it up a week prior from what he believes was the original owner, at least that's what it shows on the carfax. I honestly didnt pay too much. But i also didnt get to see it in person just some pics and some facetime. It was a gamble for sure, but one i think paid off from what i'm seeing.

Keep looking, there's def some deals out there on these.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X