Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bostonvert
    replied
    Just a teaser for you guys, kinda tempted to buy this one and offroad it!

Land-Rover Defender ➤ Bekijk het aanbod van vandaag! Occasions en nieuw. Elke deal een groot verschil. Dat is ② 2dehands Auto's.

I have been reading about the import laws and a lot of stuff I read contradicts each other. So when any vehicle is 25 years old you CAN import it ,register and insure it in every state except Cali (smog) correct?

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Yeah, they're just like old used pickup trucks over there. The US prices are just silly.

Leave a comment:

• bostonvert
    replied
    What is the best place in the states (east coast) to find LR defenders for sale? Except for classic car dealers selling NAS defenders for stupid money. Would like to know how big the demand is for a sorted 25 year old defender.

Thinking of importing one to drive it around the farm in Vermont and sell it in the fall or spring. I'm fully aware of the dumb 25 year rule...A nice defender around here can be had for around 6-10 k EUR

Leave a comment:

• BlackSpeed66
    replied
    Yep truck's doing great (aside from the gas mileage, which I'm still getting used to). It has the Bosch injection, not the Lucas GEMS, so the whole 'catching fire' thing should be less of a worry

Had a small coolant leak from the throttle body, which just turned out to be a hose that needed to be re-fitted.

Fixed the cruise control - vacuum lines not fitting properly.

Dash has been out to address the HVAC it appears. Some of the trims around the glovebox need some attention. Got it adjusted last night so that it opens/closes better.

The Nanocom came last Friday so that will be a huge help with anything else that decides to spring up!

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    Well, it's been almost a month, has it caught on fire yet?!

JK!
    ...but really......everything okay....??

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Well, it's been almost a month, has it caught on fire yet?!

JK!

Leave a comment:

• BlackSpeed66
    replied
    Well, I guess I'll go ahead and welcome myself to the 'club'.... this also goes down as the first truck/SUV thing I've ever owned.

Bought in Denver and drove back the 1400 miles to Cleveland (Left Friday, got back Sunday around 3pm). '02, 150k miles. Came with Magnaflow exhaust installed and upgraded w/ Arnott air springs and some fancy Nitto tires. Also the roof rack, a full set of OEM wheels w/ studded snows, and a service manual and many service records.

Will update w/ more pics once I scrape the coating of bugs off the front

Leave a comment:

• slammin.e28
    replied
    Man, I was wondering how that was setup when I saw that video! badass!

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    slammin'.......?

Learn more about M3-Powered Rally Build: Land Rover Discovery on Bring a Trailer, the home of the best vintage and classic cars online.

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600-3-1-620x465.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	76.7 KB
ID:	7191134

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Yep, one of the best places in the world. We were up near Two Medicine one fall when the first snow started coming down. Like a literal changing of seasons while you watched.

Once we hiked to Sperry early in the season. Bridges still out to the glacier. Then they said, no we just put them back in this morning. So up we went, first few people. Those streams were raging! Half the trail covered in snow fields, pink algae on the snow. Had to chop a slot to get to that rock stair up through the cliff. Hairy going, but what a magical place. Doesn't seem real when you're up there, no sense of scale or distances. When you're on that massive snow field below the glacier, there are loud streams running under you beneath the snow.....who knows how thick it is?!
    Last edited by LateFan; 05-29-2017, 03:39 PM.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    in the fall time the wife and I have had the pass to ourselves after a little snow shut the road down from big bend, so we hoofed it the 3 or so miles up there late in the evening to watch the sunset. its a very special experience to have that pass ALL TO YOUR SELF (when your not a member of the chosen that is) , one I will cherish all the way to the grave. .

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    That was Bozeman a couple of weeks ago. Nutty. My other son rode his bike up the pass in Glacier yesterday - still closed to cars. You can get up to Triple Arches where the snow equipment is parked. Spectacular pictures and blue sky.

Leave a comment:

• mrsleeve
    replied
    Originally posted by LateFan View Post
    It's May......

[ATTACH]114384[/ATTACH]
    I have seen that in mid june a bit north of you a time or 2

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Man, I might pick up a P38....
    What happened? Now that that badass wagon runs so well, you prolly don't need one!

Leave a comment:

• LateFan
    replied
    It's May......

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3391.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	52.3 KB
ID:	7190846

Leave a comment:

Working...
X