No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ya know, IDK when the fuel filter was done last. Just ordered one to be here this afternoon. Add that to my little list of things this weekend. Taking the headliner out and hopefully finally finishing up my power steering setup, and fixing the LF window regulator again.
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	95 D1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	49.0 KB
ID:	7156639

My older son's '95 D1. Has a newer long block from a pampered D2 with 100k (that guy converted to diesel). We installed a used Old Man Emu 2" suspension with shocks.

Before this, our father-son project was an '87 RR Classic. Such a classic shape, such a great car, but you can't make that truck run right! Even the LR guru in Seattle was baffled by that injection system. And everything on it was just worn out - the suspension bolt holes were all ovaled, little maintenance, random electrical problems..

We finally gave up, and traded it plus cash for this one from a LR shop. This one goes everywhere.

Comment

Did my fuel filter. It was dated 2000 and a black, gritty substance came out.

Needless to say it runs a helluva lot better now. Also washed the truck, looks so clean...then RAIN.

I have a problem with water getting into the spark plug tubes (engine cover won't fit) when it rains, and we had a downpour last night. Ran like crap on the way to work this morning.

Going to look into the PCV system too, as I think there are vacuum leaks down there. It's so much better with the new FF, but still decides to hesitate and miss from time to time.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post

Needless to say it runs a helluva lot better now. Also washed the truck, looks so clean...then RAIN.

I have a problem with water getting into the spark plug tubes (engine cover won't fit) when it rains, and we had a downpour last night. Ran like crap on the way to work this morning.

Going to look into the PCV system too, as I think there are vacuum leaks down there. It's so much better with the new FF, but still decides to hesitate and miss from time to time.
          I literally just changed my plugs and wires because of the same issue. Thought I was hot shit trying to add oil without a funnel, dumped oil all over the engine bay. Wipe it all up, run it and do a ghetto steam clean and return to a CEL...

Had the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor lying around so why not? Truck runs like a dream now.
          1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
          You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
            I literally just changed my plugs and wires because of the same issue. Thought I was hot shit trying to add oil without a funnel, dumped oil all over the engine bay. Wipe it all up, run it and do a ghetto steam clean and return to a CEL...

Had the plugs, wires, cap, and rotor lying around so why not? Truck runs like a dream now.
            I may try plugs when it comes down to it. I think the coils need new boots, well, some of them. Replaced one coil a while back, then had to replace it again as I got a defective one.

I think there is some vacuum leaks under the intake mani, all the crank case vent BS. I'm gonna try to dig into it this weekend.

Still have to repair my window regulator, again, and rip out the saggy headliner.

I'm growing weary of the M52.....kinda want to find a nice M30B35......simpler and more power.

Comment

Do my fuel filter.
              1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

If things aren't bad, that fuel filter is a 15 minute job. If things are bad, it's a 15 hour job.

Comment

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
                  If things aren't bad, that fuel filter is a 15 minute job. If things are bad, it's a 15 hour job.
                  Inufayes is bad. He already told me it's all corroded under there.

Comment

I may try plugs when it comes down to it. I think the coils need new boots, well, some of them. Replaced one coil a while back, then had to replace it again as I got a defective one.

I think there is some vacuum leaks under the intake mani, all the crank case vent BS. I'm gonna try to dig into it this weekend.

Still have to repair my window regulator, again, and rip out the saggy headliner.

I'm growing weary of the M52.....kinda want to find a nice M30B35......simpler and more power.
                    I just remembered you are running an M52. Lol and here I am thinking rover V8 problems.
                    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

I just remembered you are running an M52. Lol and here I am thinking rover V8 problems.
                      Lol, many a time I have wished I had a Rover V8. This swap is driving me up the wall. Has to have a vacuum leak somewhere. Gonna smoke test it soon.

Also, damn thing just cut off at a light. It's done this several times. Sit at a light for about a minute, and it just cuts off as if the key was turned off. Even when it's running fine, just BOOM, off.

Frustrating.

Comment

Inufayes is bad. He already told me it's all corroded under there.
                        I started to round the bolt trying to get that thing free.
                        1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                          I started to round the bolt trying to get that thing free.
                          waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles that. My Rover is an Arizona car and I had to gratuitously use the torch un-seize things.

Comment

waffleswaffleswaffleswaffles that. My Rover is an Arizona car and I had to gratuitously use the torch un-seize things.
                            That's the trick! Use a torch on the fuel filter fittings and you'll never have to worry about your Rover breaking again! (not trying to be a dick, trying to be funny) Also won't have to worry with replacing those oil cooler lines. ;);)

Seriously though, mine has been alright, except for the ABS ring I had to destroy to do the brake rotor, and consequently the wheel bearing since it all has to come apart to replace the brake rotor. (such a PITA, I may add....)

I'm quite happy overall with the truck. Just need to get these running issues sorted. :hitler:

Comment

Eh torch the fuel lines, why not!

I realized that after I quoted that. Lol.

Comment

Eh torch the fuel lines, why not!

I realized that after I quoted that. Lol.
                                Lol, the thought did go through my head when I was going mine...then I was like, wait.....this is fuel line....nope. lol

Comment

Working...
                                X