OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
    Old man emu medium duty springs with bilstein shocks with stock size BFG M/T tires.
    How do you like it? I'm running Rovertym springs with Old Man Emu dampers. It rides surprisingly nice.
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Holland View Post
      How do you like it? I'm running Rovertym springs with Old Man Emu dampers. It rides surprisingly nice.
      I like it. It did very well today. It's really squishy when need be, but also firm.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Had to share this. `1993 RRC on Ebay. Fantastic description.

Sheila & I live in Albuquerque. Sheila is available for adoption to a VERY GOOD HOME ONLY. Please read the entire add, and if you are seriously interested in giving her a loving home. I require ALL bidders to contact me at my number listed below. I would like the opportunity to answer any/ all questions with full disclosure to aid in peace of mind for both parties.

Sheila is a 1993 Land Rover Range Rover LWB County Classic w/ 146k miles with a 4.2 V-8. She is not a jealous gal, unlike most rovers....you will not find her marking her territory with bodily fluids everywhere she goes(oil, tran fluid, power steering etc) So if you happen to be a jeep lover and have one parked in your driveway, she wont create a fuss. I cannot speak for your jeep though :)

It should also be noted that Sheila is not nearly as festive as some rovers. You see, I have owned many in my time and quite frankly it is nice when all of your dashboard warning lights are illuminated in a kaleidoscope of reds, yellows, greens and oranges, it feels like Christmas all year long. Sheila's lights do come on when you turn the key (as they should), but inexplicably go dark once she's up and running. I tried contacting Land Rover about this phenomenon, but they told me not to worry, "Sheila, was just secure with her personality and felt no need to be the center of attention"

If you don't have a significant other, Sheila makes a great companion. Together, we have spent many hours bonding. usually with me on my back, and her on top. What can I say, she likes to drive :) In that time, I have had ample opportunity to replace/ modify and or improve upon her already magnificent features. She is now equipped with:
        -Old Man Emu HD Springs 2" lift
        -Bilstein HD Shocks
        -32.5" Military Spec Bias Ply Tires
        -HD Axles
        -Rear Detroit Locker
        -HD drive shaft u-joints
        -Dual Battery w/ isolator switch
        -Airaid Snorkel w/ Donaldson Pre-filter
        -Britland Offroad Bonnet Light Bar
        -Surco Roof Rack
        -Remote control for isolator switch, and all auxiliary lights
        -HD Britland Offroad Winch Bumper
        -9000lb winch
        -Fold down exterior spare tire holder (full size spare)

In addition to the fantastic memories we have created together, Sheila came with a full 18 year maintenance history. This includes routine upkeep and salon visits, to the occasional visit to her original adoption agency Land Rover of Albuquerque for some more serious repairs. Apparently her previous partner cared for her as well as I have. Like any spectacular woman, Sheila requires care and attention. Below is a list of recent (mostly minor) procedures

Recently Replaced parts include:
        -Brakes
        -Viscous coupler (for transfer case)
        -Fuel Pump
        -ABS Pump
        -A/C compressor(have not charged with freon yet)
        -Heater Core (have not connected return hose)
        -Plugs & Wires
        -Complete Fluid Change (oil, power steering, diffs, t-case, tranny & filter)

This year marks Sheila's 20th birthday!! I know all you 40 sumthin guys out there are thinking that this is your chance to finally get you hands on a 20 year old party gal in a desperate if not transparent attempt to recapture your youth. Let me explain something.....Rovers age different than people & dogs. They say that every human year is equivalent to 7 dog years. It is a similar circumstance with rovers. Sheila, being one of the very best built, maintained & innovative suv's of all time ages at the rate of 1.5 years for every human year, that makes her age closer to 30. She hasn't even hit her prime yet, but don't you dare look at her and think how sexy she looks, she's not that kind of gal. (ok, you can look...she's sexy as all get out!! What??? its a truck not a person!)

Sheila is in great physical shape for her age as well. Admittedly she is somewhat of a tomboy, so she does have a few scrapes and bruises, the sun has bleached a couple spots on her that are barely noticeable. The interior of Sheila the Range Rover is in decent shape considering how much she loves to play outdoors. there are no rips, dash is good and headliner is sagging a bit.

Like any adolescent Sheila has her moments and quirks. Nothing that is unmanageable. Think of her as an exotic foreign exchange student who doesn't speak perfect English. It may take you a few weeks to get the communication situation established, but once you do, she will never let you down. I'll even give you a few tips on how to keep her happy and deal with her tantrums.

Sheila & I just got back from a fabulous 500 mile journey to Pagosa Springs & Durango Area, we had a blast cruising the scenic highways at 80mph & loved the slower romps up the rocky mountain sides. She even got her feet wet a few times in your brisk flowing mountain streams. I would have no problem making her my travel companion to any destination.

If you are seriously interested in becoming Sheila's new life partner, please contact me with any questions. Please don't waste my time though. Sheila may not be brand new, and she may not be a swimsuit model in perfect shape, but she is worth every penny of her rehoming fee. Of course, she will come with bill of sale and clear & clean title of ownership

****UPDATE: correction, I just discussed the terms of her adoption with Sheila.....she emphatically does not want to go to a Jeep home....says she's too tired to keep draggin their butts out of the mud and such every time they bite off more than they can chew. Plus, she says she has no desire to catch that "Jeep Thing" she keeps hearing about :)

Thanks for looking, please contact me for more pics, detailed description etc.
        505.263.2136 calls/text only please.

She is available for sale locally and the auction may end at any time.
        http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Land-...ht_1358wt_1162

Comment

Finally got around to smoke testing this thing. As I thought, crank vent valve was bad. Replaced it, vent hose, and idle control valve hose and she runs smooth as buttah.

Going to try to find time to make some limb risers and a snorkel this weekend and hit the trail again to get some good pics/vids.

Anyone local to me, don't think there is anyone, but if so feel free to contact me if you wanna Rover along.

Comment

Man, anyone else in here?

Ran Big Levels again. This time we got some cool pics/vids, and another crazy break down story.

Forgive me while I look for the vids.....

Comment

Do want a Range Rover.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Yes, yes you do, lol. This thing is a blast. Next time I need to remember to disconnect the front sway bar, get better articulation. I removed the rear when the links came apart.

Here's a time lapse we did. Had some Chinese dash cam. Compressed about 3 hours into about 8 minutes.

Comment

When the new job starts paying off, I'll probably sell the Discovery and get a clean RRC. Thinking LS1 swap and a big Union Jack on the roof.

Comment

... a big Union Jack on the roof.
                    Exactly what I'm going to do. My roof's clear coat is all peely. There is a place in the UK on ebay that makes them for camper tops. They have one that is maybe an inch or two larger than the RRC roof. Thing is they don't do them in red, white, and blue, just mon-color. They're $20-30 shipped too. Not bad.

Comment

It just sounds awesome, and the floating roof is begging for it. It's like a Mini's creepy uncle.

Comment

It just sounds awesome, and the floating roof is begging for it. It's like a Mini's creepy uncle.
                        LAWL! Yes!

I wanna lift it about 1" and /done for now. Then I need to get some rock guards. I'm so paranoid about cracking the front diff open and bending the steering rods.

Comment

255/85r16 Dunlop Mud Rovers. ^_^

Comment

So, ran Shoe Creek today. Made me realize how much more height I need. It was a blast, but came close to busting my diff on some rocks. Left a nice Bilstein yellow stripe on a rock from my steering shock. Friend had his SJ Wagoneer V8, his engine mounts broke, then his trans brace sheered the bolts. Came out okay, but hit the highway and started making a terrible noise. Pulled over and his trans had shifted to the right. Engine was even crooked. So we had to take a ratchet strap and wrap around the trans, to the frame, and pull it back over. Left it there and drove home no problem.

Also, the Rover ended up getting hot about 3/4 of the way through. Opened the hood and she cooled right down. Closed it, go hot again. So we took the hood off and threw it in the back. No problem the rest of the way. Had to stop in the pouring rain and put it back on though. :/

Also my friend texted me this pic:

2" body lift spacers he made for me. ^_^ 33"s here I come!

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28 View Post
                              Also, the Rover ended up getting hot about 3/4 of the way through. Opened the hood and she cooled right down. Closed it, go hot again. So we took the hood off and threw it in the back. No problem the rest of the way. Had to stop in the pouring rain and put it back on though. :/
                              All I could think of was this when you were telling that story...

www.truegearhead.com
                              - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

Originally posted by ReallyDirtyThirty View Post
                                All I could think of was this when you were telling that story...

That is exactly what popped into my head when I started to overheat. I didn't have a grinder, so I just took out the 4 bolts and roved on.

Comment

Working...
                                X