No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Post -'95? What if in '95? BP Utah shows CPS # ERR6119 under general D1, don't see any listed at Rovers North. Does the '95 have one?

British Parts of Utah (formerly Rover Connection) offers Land Rover Genuine Parts and Accessories for Range Rover Sport LR4 LR3 LR2 Discovery Defender Freelander at discounted prices

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
      Post -'95? What if in '95? BP Utah shows CPS # ERR6119 under general D1, don't see any listed at Rovers North. Does the '95 have one?

http://www.bputah.com
      I believe the 3.9s do not have a CPS but the 4.0s in DIs have one.

Check this post - http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...-sensor-52346/

When looking at the driver from in front of the vehicle it will be at 3pm on the bellhousing.

I had to replace one on my DII at 90k and it was a 30 minute job, tops. After my DII stalled twice at stoplights, I did some searches and this was a common fault for CPS going out. So I just replaced mine and the problem was solved.

Comment

Originally posted by GDA View Post
        I have an OEM front driveshaft that I took off my DII in order to install the sturdy Tom Woods front DS.

If you want a spare to rebuild so you don't have to take your truck offline, just pay shipping and it is yours. The guy who bought my DII did not want it as it was a huge downgrade from the TW DS that I put on my old DII.

Greg
        Thanks! I've actually got a spare. I nabbed both shafts off trucks at the pick-n-save when I was doing my LT230 conversion in the Range Rover. The joints are nice and smooth in this spare, so I'll probably just run it and rebuild my old one.
        1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by GDA View Post
          I believe the 3.9s do not have a CPS but the 4.0s in DIs have one.

Check this post - http://www.landroversonly.com/forums...-sensor-52346/
          Yep, he tells me he has a distributor and no CPS, that's a GEMS change. Thanks!

Comment

Mine gets finicky every now & then. Fluctuating idle & a very rare stall. Can't test the FPR because I've got a sealed rail. I've also got a new ICV & O2 sensors in mine.

Comment

He's probably a bit due for some tune up stuff. College budget.

He tells me the GEMS from post-95 is one of the best engine management systems LR used. Generally less problems with ignition, although quite a bit more complicated.

Comment

For the record:

Erika has been giving me shit about Rover reliability....touting her 4Runner.

Rover has been driving perfect.

She messaged me last night that the 4Runner wouldn't start.

I couldn't help but gloat a little.

Comment

Hell yeah. Nice. Makes me feel better about picking the Rover over the 4runner.
                  -Alex

Comment

YA, IDK what's up with the 4. She said it was flat, no lights, no crank, nothing. I rolled by (she left the hood popped up) and checked the battery. Voltage was fine. Didn't have key to try and start.

She ended up driving the Rover to work.

Side note, at just above 1/2 tank I had 150 miles on the ODO. I feel naughty.

Comment

Have you guys seen the prices for RRC lately?? Modest to nice examples with around 100k miles are in the 6-10k mark. I should have never sold mine 2 years ago!

Comment

Did a little shopping today :)

Comment

Did you buy it? That looks good!

Comment

Pretty much. Have deposit on it picking up this week.

Comment

I'm super jealous, that looks great
                              -Alex

Comment

Working...
                              X