No announcement yet.

OFFICIAL Land Rover thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's true, within reason. Aftermarket bushings seem to disintegrate at a rapid rate compared to OEM. Some things are better quality that Rover

Comment

My upgraded steering links should arrive Monday

Comment

Ok guys I am posting this here for the Disco gurus to take a crack at. I looked at a 2001 disco II this morning and I really liked it, but it was displaying the transmission fault M and S lights. The seller bought it only a week ago and realizes he is a bit in over his head. I saw this posted on craigslist last week posted by the guy who sold it to the seller but I was out of town so I wasn't able to look at it before it sold. It was in limp mode which I know is usually due to low voltage. The guy who bought it put a new battery in it and it is out of limp mode, but the transmission fault code is still flashing. Like all disco II's it has the "three amigos" but seems to run just fine and is really pretty clean.

I talked to the guy who sold it originally and he owned it for 8 years and said it was a great truck but he was just done with it. I know there are other issues since the fault lights are still flashing(alternator?) but wondering if there is anything that should cause me to run as far away from this one right now. I Have a RRC and had a Disco I so this isn't my first rodeo with LR. I know the XYZ switch is a possible issue but admittedly don't really know what that is or is involved with that. Is there anything else that I should be seriously concerned about?

Thanks guys in advance!
        2004 BMW e60 525i - Daily
        1996 BMW e36 M3 - Toy
        1994 Jeep Wrangler - Summer Toy
        1993 Range Rover Classic - Handsome Looker that never gets driven

Comment

^ Personally, I would look at some other Discos to see what else is out there before I thought about that car. Or maybe find someone with a code reader that will scan the car for you so you know exactly what's up with it.

Originally posted by quickervicar View Post
          My upgraded steering links should arrive Monday
          Which one did you buy? I bought the ProLine kit and it was kind of a pain in the ass.

Also got another pain in my ass to deal with this weekend - my PS pump is leaking at the bottom, right around the hose that comes into it. Idk if this is common I'll have to get under there and see what is leaking. Hopefully the pump is still okay... really would like a break from throwing money at this thing.

Oh, also this:
          Last edited by acolella76; 02-20-2015, 03:58 PM.
          -Alex

Comment

YUS! You got the new style. MY friend making those said he can't keep up with demand, lol
            1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post
              Ok guys I am posting this here for the Disco gurus to take a crack at. I looked at a 2001 disco II this morning and I really liked it, but it was displaying the transmission fault M and S lights. The seller bought it only a week ago and realizes he is a bit in over his head. I saw this posted on craigslist last week posted by the guy who sold it to the seller but I was out of town so I wasn't able to look at it before it sold. It was in limp mode which I know is usually due to low voltage. The guy who bought it put a new battery in it and it is out of limp mode, but the transmission fault code is still flashing. Like all disco II's it has the "three amigos" but seems to run just fine and is really pretty clean.

I talked to the guy who sold it originally and he owned it for 8 years and said it was a great truck but he was just done with it. I know there are other issues since the fault lights are still flashing(alternator?) but wondering if there is anything that should cause me to run as far away from this one right now. I Have a RRC and had a Disco I so this isn't my first rodeo with LR. I know the XYZ switch is a possible issue but admittedly don't really know what that is or is involved with that. Is there anything else that I should be seriously concerned about?

Thanks guys in advance!
              IIRC Ralf at Sarek Autoworks does Rovers. Maybe have a PPI done. If it has those issues, there are probably more that don't toss up lights.

Otherwise, seems like one to move on from.

Comment

Originally posted by jrossowvue30 View Post

Thanks guys in advance!
                If the battery and alternator are good then look to the hubs.

Worn out hubs (wheel bearings) will cause abs sensor problems that show up and trigger the three amigos.

If I had to take a guess, there is probably a bad wheel bearing on the truck

Comment

FedEx just dropped these by work. 180F TDI t-stat and two brass rad drain plugs to replace the plastic diff fill plugs. YAY.

...and also my 16 month old daughter can ID the Rover and even said, "Rov-bur" over and over while pointing to it.

/Proud daddy moment.

Comment

My son…'95 D1

Click image for larger version

Name:	MT LR.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	7173920

Comment

That is awesome. I wish there was scenery like that anywhere near me.

I had some fun in the snow this week

My buddy got stuck trying to go over a mound haha
                      -Alex

Comment

He was a team support truck for a running team in the Headwaters Relay in MT. 3-day, 230 mile relay run from the headwaters of the Missouri to the source of one of the tributaries. "From Three Forks to Beaver head Rock." Spectacular places, over mtn ranges, through the middle of nowhere.

The other team cars had to backtrack and go around mtn ranges to meet up with the route, but he could just follow them up and over. It was pretty fun. He slept on the roof rack every night.

Just a pic from the website…
                        Click image for larger version

Name:	topframepic.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	7173923

Comment

Posted back in 2012, and it's still going.
                          Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                          This thread broken down and left to rot in someones back yard yet?
                          I'm impressed!
                          No E30 Club
                          Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by acolella76 View Post
                            I had some fun in the snow this week
                            You have that much snow in GA? Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
                              You have that much snow in GA? Wow.
                              Only for about 3 days a year, and that was in North GA in the mountains. But we got a decent amount. Just enough to have fun in, not enough to be dangerous.

Although my friend DID still roll his truck
                              -Alex

Comment

The LR forums are weak for the RRC's. I've looked at Landroversonly and rangerovers.net and their fs section is lacking. Anyone know where I could source used parts besides eBay and CL? I'm looking for the wheel well covers that go on each side. I just bought the cover that hides the trunk but I don't think I can mount it with ought these two side covers.

Comment

Working...
                                X