X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FUK
    1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

What am I looking at? ohh…do I see green where there's not supposed to be green?

Comment

Yurp. Pesky throttle body heater.

Time to delete.

Comment

Tossing around the idea of selling my 335i and getting into a rover without a car payment.

Suggestions on a certain engine/chassis that is more reliable for partial daily driving?

I have been eyeing the later Disco I and Disco II.

The rover will need to haul a 20' wakeboard boat occasionally and possibly see some light offroading. I'm not afraid to do mechcanical work, just dont want a money pit.

Suggestions?
          1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post
            Tossing around the idea of selling my 335i and getting into a rover without a car payment.

Suggestions on a certain engine/chassis that is more reliable for partial daily driving?

The rover will need to haul a 20' wakeboard boat occasionally and possibly see some light offroading. I'm not afraid to do mechcanical work, just dont want a money pit.

Suggestions?

Yeah... a Land Cruiser. ;)
            Below the radar...

Comment

Originally posted by Zacm829 View Post

Suggestions?
              Get an FJ Cruiser, lol.

With a Rover you basically need to expect to be making a car payment....to the vehicle itself.

They're all fine for DDing if you have a backup and if you have lotsa moneys and/or knowhow.

I love my D2.....but it hasn't totally fucked me yet.

D1s are cool too....but more old school. I'm not much of a fan after having this D2.

I still love Range Rovers > Discos.....but that's for another day....

Don't hop into a Rover expecting to not have to dump $$$ into it weekly. Prepare for the worst.

Comment

Just get something that has all of the maintenance records with it. I would also look at FJs or 4runners. The FJ80 and 100 are awesome. There's a really nice FZJ80 near me that makes me kind of regret buying a Disco instead.

Like Slammin said, expect the worst. I chose my Disco because it came with full maintenance records while every FJ or 4runner I looked at didn't have anything but a recent oil change receipt. So I chose records over no records, and it hasn't bitten me in the ass (yet). But I still have spent about $500 in the two months that I've owned it.
                -Alex

Comment

I can do all the repairs myself, not worried about that. I also have no problem throwing some parts money at it. I have a bike and two e30s as back up so it does not have to be on sole DD duty always.

Leaning more towards a DII, something like this if the records and mileage check out.

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/cto/4941267175.html
                  1987 325i-M60b44 swap

Comment

Eweeee Royal gold metallic....."Bronzit"

Ya sounds like you are ready for the pain.

Comment

Got bored and painted my roof. I like the way it looks on the Defender and other cars, plus the paint on the roof was pretty faded anyways. So I went ahead and sprayed it with white Plasti Dip. I've already noticed a drop in interior temps after sitting in the sun. What do you guys think?

-Alex

Comment

My son and I have been talking about doing that for years - weren't sure how it would look. We were thinking paint it old skool Limestone white, and then painted steelies and galvanized light guards.

Click image for larger version

Name:	73 S III 109.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.2 KB
ID:	7176020

Comment

[ATTACH]95599[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]95600[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]95601[/ATTACH]

Comment

I'm still kind of on the fence also. I am going to be making a brush guard soon, and I might paint that white to match. If I end up keeping the white I might go with a slightly off-white like the Limestone you mentioned. And maybe do it in some sort of bed liner.
                            -Alex

Comment

I think a white roof can look great. A white brush guard will look like a noseguard's helmet. You should definitely get a Riddell decal for it

Comment

So if you recall I sold the M52 out of my RRC along with the S52 block. I had wanted to make a M52B32 for more tqs. Well....it has been done.

This thing will be at Rovers at Wintergreen April 10th. I still haven't seen it in person, but the quality of work done is second to none.

Comment

Working...
                                X