No announcement yet.

The Hot Wheels thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice what size are those, also anyone want to trade me a m1?
    1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
    willschnitz

Comment

That big M3 GT2 is gorgeous, does the dealer sell it?

>> 1988 3.1 ITB E30 /// 2002 E46 M3 6MT / 2008 335xi 6MT / 1991 S38B36 E30 (sold)

Comment

Untitled by Wschnitz, on Flickr

Paydirt!

The hoard of blue 2002's are to be traded/messed with.

That being said, ill trade a large number of the blue o2's for a m1 or maybe the m3 gt2
        willschnitz

Comment

AARGH! I had gotten out of die casts years ago and was down to getting only a few every year,I have thousands of the stupid things,they are everywhere in the house,I was pretty happy just getting my Wolverine Brass Trucks at Christmas and then I read this thread.

I NEED that M3! I want to paint a few up to look like my racecar.

Schnitz,whats it gonna take to get a few of those?

I found 5 green and a blue '02 today,but no M3
          1990 325is "the rat"/ E30 Warsteiner tribute racecar/1985 325e "faded Glory"/ 1968 Chevy II Nova "the baby"/ 2001 525i 5spd purchased May 2013 with 16k miles. Plus other junk that annoys the neighbors.

Comment

I picked up 3 more M3s and a 62 Chevy pickup and some Australian looking car that Hotwheels calling a "Chevrolet SS" Thanks for the vague description HW....

1992 BMW 325iC
            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Painted one a Pearl Black, i'll detail it once fully dry

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Still nothing today. The social rejects that work at Wal-Mart informed me that they aren't getting more Hot Wheels freight until MONDAY, and they've been out since Christmas. Idiots.

Nothing new at Fred Meyer, I'm reluctant to go check Target because their selection is tiny.

Comment

Nice color Jason. I might sell some m3s if i find more.
                  willschnitz

Comment

Didn't notice until Jason's picture that they have DTM mirrors.

Comment

Originally posted by Hugo Stiglitz View Post
                      Still nothing today. The social rejects that work at Wal-Mart informed me that they aren't getting more Hot Wheels freight until MONDAY, and they've been out since Christmas. Idiots.
                      Yesterday i asked that at my walmart. They told me middle of next week. So i went in there this evening to look, and they was fully stocked again...

Didn't notice until Jason's picture that they have DTM mirrors.

They also have a 4pt roll bar in them too.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

I'm checking every day, regardless of what they say.

Jason, what's your method for stripping them, and what are you using for paint? Also, how are you changing out the wheels?

Comment

I'm checking every day, regardless of what they say.

Jason, what's your method for stripping them, and what are you using for paint? Also, how are you changing out the wheels?
                          I'm using a sandblaster with glass bead media to strip them. Paint i use a cheap 99 cent primer from K-mart, paint is usually Dupli color. But used testors on this M3. With a Dupli color clear coat. The wheels i take and pry on the tabs with a box cutter blade that hold the axles on the chassis. ill then use the blade to make sure the tabs are straight up before putting in the new wheels.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

Ah. No access to a sandblaster, unfortunately.

Comment

I'd say a quick dip in paint stripper would probably work also.

1992 BMW 325iC

Comment

FYI, A lot of the cars aren't on the shelves but piled up in a huge Hot Wheels box somewhere near the toy section. Seems they only put a few on the shelves.
                                "I'd probably take the E30 M3 in this case just because I love that little car, and how tanky that inline 6 is." - thecj

85 323i M TECH 1 S52 - ALPINEWEISS/SCHWARZE
                                88 M3 - LACHSSILBER/SCHWARZE
                                89 M3 - ALPINEWEISS II/M TECH CLOTH-ALCANTARA
                                91 M TECHNIC CABRIO TURBO - MACAOBLAU/M TECH CLOTH-LEATHER

Comment

Working...
                                X