$300 dolphin motorhome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$300 dolphin motorhome.

Dude I already own 4 vehicles but when I saw this on craigslist I bought it.

its even my 2nd rv.

runs great but naturally needs things fixed.

Ive got to sell my truck now asap got no room lol 5 vehicles trying to sit on a mobile home plot. this one the third in a 1 lane driveway.

such a deal with the famous 20r.
    Last edited by stamar; 05-11-2012, 10:15 PM.

Needs an LS1.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

that's pretty awesome for $300. My friend has a chinook and has been traveling around the US.

http://jdillon802.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/74/

Comment

needs m10b18

Comment

thats fucking sweet! my buddy has a slightly smaller 70's toyota RV that he is redoing the interior into a cigar lounge, should be pretty epic when he's all done with it.

Comment

im amazed it reached freeway speeds to be honest.

96 hp/ 122 pnd tq by todays standards rolling 5000 plus pounds.....?

its fully contained, roof ac, stove and oven, water heater and shower, toilet and fridge.

suspension is shot.... as you can imagine by looking at it. its a vehicle that weighs too much for itself.

73k orignal miles.

Comment

I can't believe you got it so cheap! Dayum!

87 4dr specE30: Bitsy (lurking above), 89 4dr 325i blau, 91 318is brillrot, 90 325ivertbronzit

Comment

theres a lot of cheap cars around here this time of year. students moving back home.

Comment

Originally posted by eskimo810 View Post
                  that's pretty awesome for $300. My friend has a chinook and has been traveling around the US.

http://jdillon802.wordpress.com/2012/01/08/74/

honestly, the one i have has more space, its also a dually.

but its made of cheap wood and alumimum siding. already popping rivets.

The one your buddy has is the real cream of the crop. the pop top, better for makin it in the desert like he did while mine cooks (but has roof ac)

the ultimate is definitely, the sunrader all fiberglass regular wheelbase 4x4. they go for a lot.

20r engine, only consumer engine with multiple owners going 2 million miles ( not the 22r or 22re. Those chew up their chain guides)
                  and an eternal fiberglass body with a pop top.

and a huge back window ( mine has the huge back window too, but its huge)

theres a few companies that made toyota rvs, and Id say dolphin made the most different kinds, and the most low end kinds.

Like winnebego made the most pimping ones with the all fiberglass long body. 50k in todays dollars at least.

itasca and sunraider, those are the really cool little ones espeically the all fiberglass one with the big window.
                  Last edited by stamar; 05-12-2012, 12:51 AM.

Comment

sweet hubcaps. You should paint it so it doesn't resemble diarrhea.
                    E30 buildy things
                    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=195286

Comment

ha how should I pait it? Its actually aluminum siding.

I was thinking of taking the stripes off, or repainting the stripes over by hand.

The paint on this thing is far from tough you can take it off with a brillow pad

get a paintbrush and say.... a can of rustoleum blue? Do I hear do it? go over the tan lines?

you know back in the day... kmart carried lots of those fake plastic hub caps.

doesnt seem to be in style anymore.

Ill tear them off tommorow. dont even know whats underneath to be honest.

I just know that its 10 ply truck tires and dually wheels. Thats one part thats hard core on this thing. good years.

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                        needs m10b18
                        I Timothy 2:1-2

Comment

Needs M51.
                          For all things 24v, check out Markert Motorworks!
                          Originally posted by mbonanni
                          I hate modded emtree, I hate modded cawrz, I hate jdm, I hate swag, I hate stanceyolokids, I hate bags (on cars), I hate stuff that is slowz, I hate tires.

I am a pursit now.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                            Needs an LS1.

doesnt an ls1 get 28 mpg in a corvette?

I wonder why more people dont put them in trucks. what doesnt like an ls1 really?

I dont want anyone to figure it out but isnt it possible my motorhome would get better gas mileage with an ls1. and burn out? with 250 more horsepower....?

what car isnt better with an ls1? Really?

Comment

Ive never had one officially like this before.
                              I had a camper van and a vw van before but not like something with a toilet and all that.

Well I have/had a nissan truck with a cabover camper, im selling it for 2k.

with the difference in price im fixing up this ones suspension and paying its dmv issues....?

So basically this is now my truck. 90% of the time ill throw stuff in it and move it around.

kind of downgrading to be honest lol its a super heavy underpowered version of what i already had 10 years older with carburators.

But this thing fixed up should last the rest of my life. it has under 100k miles on a toyota.

i may move with it and live in it someday but didnt have a plan too... camp in it on trips.

go to festivals and pick up hippy chicks.

the value of this thing fixed up is huge I bet i will sell it.

when you consider all the things that break in or bmws that take time,

add another 100 for a motor home. It has some seperate electricitiy, gas lines and crap. And the fact that this one is almost all working makes it sort of rare. I personally dont even want to learn how to fix rv porta potties but i think someone would pay a lot for one that works.
                              Last edited by stamar; 05-12-2012, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X