No announcement yet.

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^ Really good photo. Thanks for sharing.
    2011 1M Alpine white/black
    1996 Civic white/black
    1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

http://ts2.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.48046...7&rs=1&pid=1.7 Hartge valve cover
      Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
        Nice Find.
        Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

sigpic

Comment

http://m.flickr.com/photos/100426709...5966/lightbox/
            sigpic

Comment

????? another good one?
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                Stock image poached from the interwebs Needed a new pair of work boots, and didnt have time to wait for the turn around on mine to get rebuilt...........

always wondered......

why do they build such a hardcore "manly" boot w/ such a sculpted lean heel?...it looks kinda femm!..always thought it was a strange boot..and that tassle...sheesh. Is it a function thing....or more of a std classic look?
                Last edited by JRKOUPE; 01-02-2014, 01:21 PM.
                I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

14,000 capacitors. It's a funny thing to order 14,000 of something. Not many people get to do that.

For the nerds....it's mostly Xr7, 5%, 50-100V top of the line Samsung 0805 caps. Gearing up for a new product. I love my job.
                  Last edited by george graves; 12-20-2013, 08:56 AM.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^ Electrical engineer? I worked in a PBC manufacturing plant. I've spent hours hunting down reels of parts. The parts guys says "Oh yeah, there is half a roll somewhere on the production floor." Let the search begin.

Comment

Originally posted by JRKOUPE View Post
                      always wondered......

why do they build such a hardcore "manly" boot w/ such a sculpted lean heel?...it looks kinda femm!..always thought it was a strange boot..and that tassle...sheesh. Is it a function thing....or more of a std classic look?
                      The short answer is Function over form.

Mine are loggers boots, Actually they are Whites Classic Smoke Jumpers. The spiky thing inserted under the laces is to keep brush sticks and other debris form getting wedged under the laces as you walk though the bush and back country. Also serves as a added layer of protection for the softer leather of the tongue, from the laces eating a hole though it from the toe up past the bridge of the foot. Its a more practical and utilitarian style of kiltie which does not drape over the sides of the foot to protect your boots from the stirrups on your english style saddle.

As to the elevated heel. Take your shoes off and cross one leg over your knee and relax your foot thats in the air. Look at how you foot sits at rest in its relaxed form, your toe should be pointing down a bit. The higher heal of the boot SHOULD replicates this relaxed posture when standing (not all in this style will though, some are much flatter than others in the foot bed), that coupled with a nice high arch IN THE CORRECT PLACE gives your foot full contact with the boot and there by much more support when your on your feet all day. Also when your walking over uneven terrain and up and down hills all day you naturally lead with your heel to get a good purchase on the lose and uneven ground, that big ass heel also helps to take the shock load, and dampen it a bit and not shoot it all directly into your heels. One last thing is that with the way the sole is set up you have 2 points of contact per foot (heal and toe) when walking a log as opposed to just 1 (flatter sole) with most other types, this provides you with a better sense of balance while on narrow slippery surfaces.

The Arch in a good loggers boot (or good shoes and boots in general) should be high. High enough that if you have not worn them before it should be almost uncomfortable and numb your foot in that area the 1st time you wear them for a extended period of time (unless your VERY VERY naturally flat footed) . This is the boot breaking you in while you are breaking the boot in. The reason it is bother some is 99% of all the foot wear out there is mass produced to fit as many people as possible so arches are built very flat this is why when you have been on your feet all day the heel and the ball of your feet hurt so much, its the only thing getting support from the shoe, and the muscle's in the foot are working very hard else where to make up for the lack of support, and that equates to fatigue and pain.

Lastly good boots and shoes should require a break in period (there are very few exceptions to this rule), anything you put on that does not need to be broken in for at least a few days had better be a sneaker. If you wear work boots for a living, try a loggers heel, even if your on concrete floors all day you will likely not go back.

My personal take is I am very old school when it comes to outdoor gear, Waxed heavy weight canvas, wool, leather, and my boots had better be made in Spokane WA, either Whites or Nicks, is about all I can say.

Hope that helps
                      Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-20-2013, 01:58 PM.
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

cool..........understood.
                        I love sitting down and just driving!

Comment

Another 2 post lift
                          www.classicdaily.net
                          1970 m42 swapped 2002
                          1985 LS1/T56 Swapped e28 (557e)

www.blunttech.com - For all your parts needs

Follow me on Instagram for constant build updates @classicdaily
                          https://www.facebook.com/ClassicDailyLLC

Comment

^ Damn...I need one of those.

form.follows.function IG @mplfoster

Comment

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
                              I still can't find one of these

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                              It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Originally posted by jakeb View Post
                                Another 2 post lift