Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
    New knife. Emerson CQC-7A. Impatiently awaiting its arrival.

Mmm Emerson, I want one of the protech auto Emerson's but You can't carry an auto in ca
    88 325is Five Speed
    Lachssilber

Comment

I love the protechs but we are also unable to carry autos. I wish we could because the protech autos are more readily available and cheaper than the Emerson folders. I've been looking for 3 different Emerson knives for the last 3-4 months and ended up settling for the one pictured. It was as close as I've come to finding the actual knives I wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by myinfernalbmw View Post
        I love the protechs but we are also unable to carry autos. I wish we could because the protech autos are more readily available and cheaper than the Emerson folders. I've been looking for 3 different Emerson knives for the last 3-4 months and ended up settling for the one pictured. It was as close as I've come to finding the actual knives I wanted.
        Yeah I like that Emerson makes fairly simple, high quality knives. I do wish he would use something other than 154cm though
        88 325is Five Speed
        Lachssilber

Comment

154cm is good steel, its a little brittle but its still a great knife steel, Its my 2ed choice behind S30V
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

I know this is silly to post....but it's the little things that make life fun.

Red twist ties. So when I'm selling something with a wiring harness, I can make it nice and neat before shipping (was using a zip tie, but it needed to be cut off - so this just makes one less step for the end user)

Oh, and the color happens to be "Red Rocket Labs" *red* to boot! ;)

Originally posted by Matt-B
            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
              154cm is good steel, its a little brittle but its still a great knife steel, Its my 2ed choice behind S30V
              My go to choice is s30v too. I wish Emerson would update their steel but I get his reasoning for not. Personally I think Emerson knives are overpriced for what you get but I like Ernest Emerson so I want to own one.

And GG, I like the way you party.

Comment

Lolz Thanks.

Here is another recent buy.

14,000 capacitors for a recent (non-e30) project. Small reels are only 1000. Larger reels are 4000. All xr7, 5%, 50volt, top of the line Samsung stuff. (Samsung is the new big dog in electronics)

Going towards a capacitor decimal substution box.

Why on reels? They come on "reels", that look much like old 8mm film/movie reels. The reels are designed for automated "Pick-and-place" machine assembly. I'll be working with them by hand for the time being. At lease to place them. Soldering them is done in a reflow oven.

They are all 0805 (8mmx5mm) - same kind of stuff that is in your cell phone. Well, your phone might have 0605's in them. Even smaller (0402) - about the size of a pepper flake in your dinner). (swiss army knife for scale)

Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

As soon as I kick this upper respiratory, sinus and ear infection I'm putting these babies to good use!

Comment

Some pipe.

Comment

Fuckin summit sent me the wrong wires....

Comment

Two motomaster rear tires (not the wheels) like these to get me through the rest of the winter....got my good set slashed last week :-(
                        1988 Atlantisblau Euro/Japanese 325i Cabriolet
                        1989 Schwartz 325i - now M50 powered! - now very dead
                        1998 Toyota 4Runner Limited
                        My 17,000km Big NA National Parks trip!

Comment

Originally posted by JCarp90 View Post

Fuckin summit sent me the wrong wires....
                          They'll probably let you keep the incorrect ones though.

Go here be happy!

Ratchet Garage e30 V8 build.

Comment

DSC03432 by m3raul, on Flickr
                            Projects Hartge,Alpina & AC Schnitzer Builds.http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=280601
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=227993
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=289362

DSC04926 by Raul Salinas, on FlickrDSC03413 by Raul Salinas, on Flickr

Comment

I have been wanting to get into something a little more dangerous/adrenaline inducing since my days of riding around on a Ninja 250R.....

So I picked this up.

2003 Yamaha R6

I am already in love.
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

^ I don't recall. Are those fuel injected?

Comment

Working...
                                X