Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by xxx-Lost-Soul-xxx View Post
    Lol I got 2 1200 Mk2s for the same price.

Rules:

Comment

Traded the ski, which was only bringing in offers of around 1k. I always loved these Blasters, tons of fun!

This will hold me for a while, and once I find something bigger without dropping a ton of cash, my wife will ride this.
      No E30 Club
      Originally posted by MrBurgundy
      Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Faust Schinken View Post

dis
        Wow, well color me jealous. That's easily (in my opinion and for my desires) the best laptop in the world right now.
        The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
        Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
        2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
        2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

wow! wish I could get a house here for 20k that would not come with a 1000 used needles inside!
          Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vivek View Post
            Wow, well color me jealous. That's easily (in my opinion and for my desires) the best laptop in the world right now.
            i will say this ive always kinda thought that apple computers are a tad overpriced but OMG this thing is worth every penny its like going from an m10 to a turbocharged s38 its so quick

i do kinda miss the optical drive though
            88 325is Five Speed
            Lachssilber

Comment

It is teh secks.

i will say this ive always kinda thought that apple computers are a tad overpriced but OMG this thing is worth every penny its like going from an m10 to a turbocharged s38 its so quick

i do kinda miss the optical drive though
              The SSD does the trick. I just added an SSD for the OS to my MBP, and it's night and day. It's about as snappy as the Retina as far as I can tell. Not anywhere near as fast for video rendering or anything like that, but for analyzing MRI data (which is what I've been doing as of late) I don't think it'd do any better.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie View Post
                It is teh secks.

The SSD does the trick. I just added an SSD for the OS to my MBP, and it's night and day. It's about as snappy as the Retina as far as I can tell. Not anywhere near as fast for video rendering or anything like that, but for analyzing MRI data (which is what I've been doing as of late) I don't think it'd do any better.
                i havent done any video stuff with it yet but it imported about 900 photos in 2 minutes over usb 3, but i think its mostly the ssd plus lots of ram that make it so fast
                88 325is Five Speed
                Lachssilber

Comment

i havent done any video stuff with it yet but it imported about 900 photos in 2 minutes over usb 3, but i think its mostly the ssd plus lots of ram that make it so fast
                  Pffft... is that all you got? I just imported 11,616 brain images in less than 4 minutes on USB 2.

(But they might have only been 200kb/image ;) - and by "might" I mean "yes")

Yeah, the RAM definitely helps, and yours has quadruple the video memory that mine does, I think. Definitely loads better for photo/video post-prod work.

And this is quickly digressing into complete computer-nerdiness. So... the Retina MBP is the awesome/sexiest. And let's leave it at that! Haha... :bow:
                  Last edited by Moxie; 09-11-2012, 10:02 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

someone need to make a computer nerd thread
                    88 325is Five Speed
                    Lachssilber

Comment

someone need to make a computer nerd thread
                      Really should. I'm a little surprised it doesn't exist already.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Moxie View Post
                        Really should. I'm a little surprised it doesn't exist already.
                        theres threads for everything else under the sun
                        88 325is Five Speed
                        Lachssilber

Comment

i will say this ive always kinda thought that apple computers are a tad overpriced
                          I have to honestly say that's not true. No one else puts the funds into R&D like Apple does.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                          2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

i love the light up keyboard never had that before
                            88 325is Five Speed
                            Lachssilber

Comment

I have to honestly say that's not true. No one else puts the funds into R&D like Apple does.
                              So much research goes into making those perfect rounded corners ;)

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                              Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                                So much research goes into making those perfect rounded corners ;)
                                It really does. Same with the thumb scoop for the screen, the strength of the magnet to hold it down, the keyboard and trackpad...and that's just the outside.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X