Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThatOneEuroE30 View Post
    Milwaukee is so good right now I tell people don't even bother with the snap on cordless shit right now. Milwaukee is half the price and twice the power.
    125+ tools in their lineup, but there is nothing wrong with teal and yellow team! I just went red since I grew up using it and my GFs father has every tool they make. It was just so effing costly to switch haha, and the Bosch 12" Miter saw went on sale to 458.00 from 900.00. Hope it's there next week. I use Red for cordless and Bosch for nearly everything else.
    ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
    ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
    ~ '87 535
    ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
    ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post
      Nice, Milwaukee is awesome. Only gripe is their batteries don't last very long.

What were you using before?
      The 2.0 lasted most of the day for light duty but if you want insane power there's no beating the 9.0 high demand.

I abused the 24v Kobalt for a year then broke the chuck on the 1/2" gun and returned it for a brand new set. Gifted it to my father and bought all red. I moved to Colorado last year and left my family Construction Co. I am starting my own here now and have been building all the tools I need.

But I grew up on Milwaukee, Bosch and Craftsman.

per forum rules:

2.27ft of Shell Cordovan horse leather.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by F34R; 03-08-2017, 06:09 PM.

Current cars:
      ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
      ~ '87 535
      ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
      ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Snap on is better, for sure. Maybe not twice the price better, but better.

Edit, I use abuse my cordless tools everyday. My snap on corless impacts have outlasted numerous sets of Milwaukees ad Dewalts.

The snap on ones are nearly 500 and one is 800 with same specs pretty much and rated at 600ftlbs.

I have used and abused my Milwaukee tools forever with out any failure. The regular not brushless is rated at 900fltbs and is 169 bucks with out a battery and the fuel is like 220 rated at 1100. Imo yes they are way better and right now just paying for the snap on name. And with snap on electric tools its only a two year warranty i can hit up my Milwaukee rep and warranty it at any time.

1989 325is l 1984 euro 320i l 1970 2002 Racecar
        1991 318i 4dr slick top

Euro spec 320i/Alpina B6 3.5 project(the never ending saga)
        Vintage race car revival (2002 content)
        Mtech 2 turbo restoration
        Brilliantrot slick top "build"

Comment

The thing with Milwaukee is the batteries wont hold a charge after a few months of everyday use. It gets annoying when you're replacing them a twice a year, and it adds up. I've had my snap on for 6 years now and have replaced the batteries once, a few months ago. I drop that thing all the time too and it laughs at the concrete floor haha.

Don't get me wrong, I have two snap on impacts and an arsenal of milwaukee tools just because I love that brand and the price difference. If its something that I'm going to beat the shit out of and use constantly, I'll go with snap on just for reliability and it can be fixed/replaced or whatever whenever the snap on truck pulls up.
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Don't get me wrong, I have two snap on impacts and an arsenal of milwaukee tools just because I love that brand and the price difference. If its something that I'm going to beat the shit out of and use constantly, I'll go with snap on just for reliability and it can be fixed/replaced or whatever whenever the snap on truck pulls up.
            Nothing wrong with Snap-on...but I am a Professional Contractor, not a Professional Mechanic. Snap-on cannot come anywhere close to 125+ tools designed for my line of work.

Current cars:
            ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
            ~ '87 535
            ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
            ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Originally posted by F34R View Post
              Nothing wrong with Snap-on...but I am a Professional Contractor, not a Professional Mechanic. Snap-on cannot come anywhere close to 125+ tools designed for my line of work.

Agreed. Unjustifiable cost in comparison. And sap on is geared towards a different trade

Anyways, congrats on the new set!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Last edited by MrBurgundy; 03-08-2017, 06:59 PM.
              Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

The thing with Milwaukee is the batteries wont hold a charge after a few months of everyday use.
                I've had my Milwaukee impacts for 6 or 7 years now. I'm still on the original batteries. I charge them probably once a week and use them 3 days a week. I don't think the math is adding up between your experience and mine. One battery has been so abused it's casing is half broken and doesn't lock into the tool properly, but it still works. I run the batteries down and then charge them.

Lithium Ion batteries should be good for 500-600 charges before starting to lose capacity. All the companies are using the same 18650 batteries internally. So I think you've either been incredibly unlucky, you're doing something wrong, or you have an unconscious hard-on for snap-on that is clouding your judgement.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                  you have an unconscious hard-on for snap-on that is clouding your judgement.
                  Yeah I do, when the snap on truck cums through, we all get on and have a circle jerk and sploog on all the superior snap on tools.

i'm not charging mine once a week, more like 4-5 times a week. My m12 red lithium batteries were replaced sometime last year and, it won't even make it around a car with an orbital buffer on one charge.

Not the only one who's been having this problem.

Not talking shit on Milwaukee at all, just shared my experience with the batteries.

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/home..._electric.html

https://www.milwaukeetool.com/access...ers/48-11-2401

Comment

Hasselblad love?
                    -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                    -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Ohhh. Medium format. Nice
                      Originally posted by Fusion
                      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post

Hasselblad love?
                        whoah! fuck me that is a nice camera! did you get it new?
                        sigpic
                        Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                        92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                        88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                        88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                        87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                        12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                          whoah! fuck me that is a nice camera! did you get it new?
                          Very pre-owned. Made in 1970. Love it so far, it's a really good time.
                          -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                          -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

Originally posted by Nesset View Post

Hasselblad love?
                            that's awesome

1991 325i
                            flickr
                            @sambhaskins

Comment

Most recently other than dinner

All this and a few other odds and ends sorry for the shity cell pics, All I have

To go on my other most recent buy, wifeys new t4r, after all the goodies installed

Last edited by mrsleeve; 03-12-2017, 07:10 AM.
                              Originally posted by Fusion
                              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                              William Pitt-

Comment

i'm not charging mine once a week, more like 4-5 times a week. My m12 red lithium batteries were replaced sometime last year and, it won't even make it around a car with an orbital buffer on one charge.
                                M12 batteries are fairly small. Did it ever make it around one car before dying? At 4-5 charges a week, li-ion batteries should last 2 years before losing capacity. I would be mad if I experienced anything other than 2 years before a reduction in capacity.
                                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                                X