Post pictures of your most recent purchase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by varg View Post
    I'm picturing that car being hilarious to drive with grippy tires, kind of like my car was when I got the wide star specs and still had stock suspension. It exacerbated the body roll so much...

Well the suspension is pretty well sorted out other than the Comp sway bar up front. It should be a car I can just toss into turns without lifting haha
    Simon
    Current Cars:
    -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

It took 14 months. Finally picked it up last weekend.

It was covered in roughly 19 years worth of dust. Gave it a quick bath last night. Can't wait to get it back up and running.

'88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

^ That garage appears to be the kind of place I would like to spend some serious time.

Congrats on the purchase.
        My previous build (currently E30-less)
        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

not as exciting as an e28 M5 in minty looking condition. But for me this is awesome, my big travel bag was in sore need of replacement, every trip resulted in even more gorilla tape to hold it together.

Picked up a Northface 30 rolling thunder to replace it that I had been putting off for about a year now.... Let Delta do their worst now, I have a life time warranty. :D

photo poached form the interwebs
          Last edited by mrsleeve; 12-05-2017, 05:54 PM.
          Originally posted by Fusion
          If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
          The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
          William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
            not as exciting as an e28 M5 in minty looking condition. But for me this is awesome, my big travel bag was in sore need of replacement, every trip resulted in even more gorilla tape to hold it together.

Picked up a Northface 30 rolling thunder to replace it that I had been putting off for about a year now.... Let Delta do their worst now, I have a life time warranty. :D

photo poached form the interwebs
            Lol. Nice looking roller. Is it too big to carry on? I used to be a bag tosser for northwest airlines when I was at school in kazoo. All I can say is don’t get too cocky. Haha. Someone will drop a twin bowling ball carrier on it or run it over with the tug. I remember some monumental bag explosions where whitey tighties and argyle socks were strewn all over the ramp. Sometimes many feet from impact.
            sigpic
            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

^

Oh yes way to big for carry on, Remember I have to pack for being gone for months at a time, I need my work specific gear, plus outdoor gear for all seasons, general work clothes, a couple sets of good clothes, and some personal items. So I run a big roller duffel with outdoor gear, work stuff and such, a mid sized duffel with clothes, and my back pack as carry on with all my electronics (other than my Xbox) and valuables in it.

I am aware that rampies can even destroy this one, just it will be a bit harder, than my former timberland hockey bag that is more gorilla tape on the outside anymore. I have had the TSA fuck up more shit than the airlines in recent years, this summer on my way home from Midland they just had to open my pelican case pull out my xbox and proceed to fumble it and smash the case and not even leave a fucking note "sorry we broke your shit" If red-oxx made a roller I would have that for sure, but with their expedition series and collapsible cart I would be a pound or 2 heavier than this thing. Red-Oxx is the way to go if you looking for long long lasting duffle for travel.
              Originally posted by Fusion
              If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
              The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
              William Pitt-

Comment

My favorite gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I hate the glove sizes most of them use. I can get them big enough for my claws.
                  Originally posted by Matt-B
                  hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by euroshark View Post
                    It was covered in roughly 19 years worth of dust. Gave it a quick bath last night. Can't wait to get it back up and running.
                    Nice! What does it need to get going again? Any rust issues?
                    Steve • Toronto
                    1991 318is • Brillantrot
                    Build Thread

Comment

No pics, but I spent $600 on lumber this weekend to finish my attic into an extra bedroom/office.

I'll post some before/during/after pics as the job gets further along.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                      Sounds like you need a massage.
                      Originally posted by kpeng
                      Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                        ^ That garage appears to be the kind of place I would like to spend some serious time.

Congrats on the purchase.
                        Thanks man. It works out alright. Hoping to get a lift in here next spring but as it is I've got room to get work done and storage for 6 cars.

Originally posted by Powling View Post
                        Nice! What does it need to get going again? Any rust issues?
                        It probably hasn't run in at least 5 years. I've drained the tank and will be replacing fuel hoses, having the injectors cleaned, replacing the throttle body boots and AFM to plenum hose and anything else that looks obviously dried out. I'll leave the cooling system intact until it runs but it will get a radiator flush, water pump (if necessary) and new hoses.

The valve train looks bone dry so before I even turn it over I'm going to pull the valve cover. I'll inspect the timing chain guides and if everything looks OK I'll throw in the S50/52 chain tensioner, give the cams a nice oil bath, and check valve clearances. The cylinder walls look very good thanks to the dry climate but I'll give each cylinder an ounce of mystery oil, put fresh plugs in it and see how it goes.
                        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

2012 Specialized Hardrock Sport, $200. Ready to get back out on the trails!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
                          2007 Range Rover Sport S/C

Comment

Nice, I was always a fan of hardrocks. You get a lot of bike for the money.
                            Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

^^ I had one of those, 29'er style.

I took it downhilling once while my downhill was out of commission. Brakes didn't like it, neither did my legs/butt, but the bike came through unscathed.

Enjoy yourself!
                              My previous build (currently E30-less)
                              http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

Originally posted by MR E30 325is View Post
                                ^^ I had one of those, 29'er style.

I took it downhilling once while my downhill was out of commission. Brakes didn't like it, neither did my legs/butt, but the bike came through unscathed.

Enjoy yourself!

Are you still into mountain biking?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X