Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ST1G View Post
    I <3 purple heart.
    Its nice stuff. The pieces I was working with were so dense that the table saw with a new blade was having trouble cutting through it. (More like burning through it)

Will
    '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
    '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
    '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
    '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
      Its nice stuff. The pieces I was working with were so dense that the table saw with a new blade was having trouble cutting through it. (More like burning through it)

Will
      Yeah, I know what you mean, I made a purple heart shift knob over the weekend. My dad has a beefy table saw so it did work.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackbirdM3 View Post
        Ipe and Purpleheart jewelry box I made for someone.

This thing was a pain to make.

Will
        Deets on how this was done? Looking to build something similar, never woodworked in my life though.

Comment

I recently got picked up in a second store for my leather business, so I was given a spot of 24"x24" and set out to make another display!

I started with the same White oak that I made my roof rack a handful of years ago for the e30, I ripped it down to size and made small boards for the shelving.

I only have to make a stand for it, once that is completed it will be 6'10" at the crown moulding.

Pile of wood scraps! Vintage table that fell apart, I saved it since it is all oak ;D Plus the paint on it was so cool! I had to use it on the piece.

The front bracing for the shelves are notched to allow the boards to sit flush.

I used logs that I quartered for the side bracing, they are notched to allow the boards to sit flush.

I used logs again to make some rustic trim on the inside.

I spent a long time sanding out the bite marks from ripping the boards down to size, then smoothed out the routered edges and tomorrow I'll set it in the sun and soak all the wood in some boiled linseed oil.

~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Kinda big post here.
            Iv done two big projects in the last few months.
            The first being a camper conversion on my Mom's Ford Transit Connect. I rushed it in two weeks which included all the carpentry, wiring, and other stuff. I wasn't very happy with the bed solution, but with the time I had to execute it it was the only solution I could think of. I plan on changing it in the future.
            The second was a deck and fence/front gate for my sister. I did this while I was looking for a new place to live up here in WA. I had my nephew help out a bit with framing. I love the kid but he spends all day, aaaalllllllll day, on his computer and is physically inept. I try to get him to work with me when ever I can to help him out. He actually likes doing it, his brain just does not fire the right synapses or something.

Here is the Ford camper. It has a roof box, solar panel, solar shower, and side mounted LED flood lights above each sliding door. Wont include those as they are not carpentry related. Inside there is a 63qrt fridge that rolls out, a small sink, water storage, a second battery with IBS management, AC inverter, and some USB and cig plugs as well as a voltage read out.
            The annoying metal posts are the solution I came up with for the bed. They fold out and a floor panel slides up on top of them to make the bed area larger. Originally I had a way cleaner design, but my mom changed her mind on some other design ideas that deleted the room for my original bed design.

Here is the deck I made for the sister. About 16x13'. Cedar and pine, mostly cedar. Also reused some old cedar fence slats they had ripped off their old fence for the gate. Came out nice I think.
            Nephew helping me frame.

And I made her this little shoe rack so the kids wouldn't have an excuse to leave their shoes all over the stairs ;)

That's it for now.
            Hey shameless plug. I'm up here in WA living in Edmonds. I need some small projects to get some money coming in. If anyone in the PNW needs some work or needs some help in the shop let me know :D
            sigpic
            "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by F34R View Post
              Pile of wood scraps! Vintage table that fell apart, I saved it since it is all oak ;D Plus the paint on it was so cool! I had to use it on the piece.

The front bracing for the shelves are notched to allow the boards to sit flush.

Brandon, great work on the display! I like how you save all the old table pieces, they make for great additions in future projects. BTW, I feel bad that I haven't posted any pictures yet but I am really loving the leather goods I got from you!

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
              Kinda big post here.
              Iv done two big projects in the last few months.
              The first being a camper conversion on my Mom's Ford Transit Connect. I rushed it in two weeks which included all the carpentry, wiring, and other stuff. I wasn't very happy with the bed solution, but with the time I had to execute it it was the only solution I could think of. I plan on changing it in the future.
              Nice work on the van conversion, I think putting together a van would be a lot of fun. Also deck looks great

Bahama Beige E23 Project
              Bluebird Bus Conversion
              New Oregon Trail

Comment

Originally posted by LuckyHenriksen View Post
                Brandon, great work on the display! I like how you save all the old table pieces, they make for great additions in future projects. BTW, I feel bad that I haven't posted any pictures yet but I am really loving the leather goods I got from you!
                That was only the top half haha, completed the base yesterday and oiled it last night, I use Watco Danish oil finish.

Hope you and Lindsey are enjoying the goodies!!!

Current cars:
                ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                ~ '87 535
                ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Pulled some stock from my overflow and made some stuff to fill the display, feels good to have made the display and everything in it for sale ;D

Current cars:
                  ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                  ~ '87 535
                  ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                  ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

^ Nice!

My dad has a pretty kickass wood shop. Been meaning to take advantage of tit and build myself a headphone stand. Maybe next week.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                      ^ Nice!

My dad has a pretty kickass wood shop. Been meaning to take advantage of tit and build myself a headphone stand. Maybe next week.
                      Tell me about it. My dad has one too. It's just got so much clutter I hate being in there and don't have the time or desire to clean it.

Comment

that display is bad ass
                        sigpic
                        "The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten."

Comment

Originally posted by deutschman View Post
                          that display is bad ass
                          Thanks! I'm super pumped with how it came out.

I got commissioned for a second one to display high-end glasses for an optometrist's office!

Current cars:
                          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
                          ~ '87 535
                          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
                          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

about 3 years ago, my wife bought this 1920's era brunswick console radio/record player at an antique furniture store. the outside of the cabinet had already been restored but the piece was pretty worthless as an article of furniture because it was missing its electronic guts and the inside face of the cabinet was "walled in".

i always thought it would make a really cool mini bar. this is actually the reason we bought this piece of furniture to begin with. about 3 or 4 months ago, i decided to get to work on this project. the pictures below are the result. unfortunately, i don't think i took pics before i started working on it.

as you can see in the pics, the top opens up. i liked that feature, so i retained it. that way you can put martini glasses, shakers etc in the top and either access them by lifting the lid or pulling out the top drawer.
                            sigpic
                            Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                            92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                            88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                            88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                            87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                            12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Working...
                            X