What do you wear when you work on your car?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • e30vert
    replied
    Cargo shorts. Old TShirt that has some stains or holes or something. That way I dont feel like I am thrashing my good shirts. Sneakers or sometimes Timberland boots and short socks Anklehigh.

    Welding / Grinding outside. Add saftey glasses with autodarkening helmet or my Polarized Oakleys and Welding helmet.

    Leave a comment:


  • camip
    replied
    Usually barefoot and shorts the south Korean comes out with working on my car.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    You really should at least be wearing leather gloves and nomex sleeves. Take it from a welder/fabricator, besides the burns, you increase your skin cancer risk.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    Welding outfit,



    Leave a comment:


  • tonerrrr
    replied
    FL Sun + Driveway = Basketball shorts/white v-neck (can't be constricted while working) plus new balance walking/running shoes. Also commie cap for sweat. It has a smaller bill which is nice when you're under the car.

    Leave a comment:


  • Ryan Stewart
    replied
    A European mankini.

    But over that I typically wear a specific pair of really crusty jeans and the tshirts they give out when you run races. Shoes vary, old sneakers mainly.

    Leave a comment:


  • Q5Quint
    replied
    barefoot + jorts

    Cant let all the restrictive clothes hold me back.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pinepig
    replied
    T shirt, shorts and my Chaco sandals. Safety glasses when grinding.

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    I love getting dirty.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Shit shorts and an old shirt from work.

    I hate getting dirty, so I'm still very careful.

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Originally posted by CarsSuck
    Rust flecks, road dirt, sand, grease balls. I dont go under the car without these anymore.
    I have several pairs of safety glasses - I think my fav is a pair I got from sears. They are really scratch resistant - and seems unbreakable - most importantly - they don't fog up.

    If you've ever seen someone with a glass eye - you'll think twice about using that angle grinder.

    Leave a comment:


  • smerfs
    replied
    winter: Coveralls, mechanix gloves or disposable gloves when using oil/wet shit, old skate shoes, safety glasses, and a hat.

    Summer: boxers, flip flops, safety glasses, and mechanix gloves.

    After working on our various cars for a while, i started getting tired of having dust and greasy shit fall into my eyes when i'm working, so i invested in a pair of glasses. Safety first!

    Leave a comment:


  • Tisoc
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe G
    a condom.
    No glove, no love.

    Leave a comment:


  • deutschman
    replied
    my r3v bra and panties because race car

    Leave a comment:


  • SpeedRacer85
    replied
    Texas is hot and the shop has no ac, during the day jeans and muscle shirt and at night boxers and slippers lol true story...

    Leave a comment:

Working...