What do you wear when you work on your car?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • brokenbimmer533
    replied
    Shitty jeans, shitty shirt and usually barefoot. No gloves. Yes I should wear shoes but I don't.

    Leave a comment:


  • Jand3rson
    replied
    All my old Carhartts from work that get holes in them get relegated to car-work pants. Tough as nails, and I don't care how stained they get.

    Usually just whatever crap t-shirt I can find, I always try to make it BMW or car-themed, tho. Nitrile gloves depending on the job (brakes, oily stuff), and goggles, again depending on the job.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    ^ made me spit out my lactose-free chocolate milk in pure laughter.

    Leave a comment:


  • der affe
    replied
    A thong and flip flops, got to work on the tan while i work on the car. Welding can be tricky though.......

    Leave a comment:


  • blackhawkimpact
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    I just wear a pair of basketball shorts and an old shirt. Unless it's cold then it's jeans and a shitty hoody.
    ^This. Also don't use gloves. I use hands cleaner

    Leave a comment:


  • reelizmpro
    replied
    Used coveralls from outlets. Steel toe work shoes and gloves for the bigger jobs. 3 different types of gloves, goggles, Beenie, dust masks, etc.

    Leave a comment:


  • Herr Faust Schinken
    replied
    A shirt , shorts and vans everything else is job or whether dependent

    Leave a comment:


  • CarsSuck
    replied
    Originally posted by george graves
    Safety glasses - almost always.

    Rust flecks, road dirt, sand, grease balls. I dont go under the car without these anymore.

    Leave a comment:


  • freeride53
    replied
    In collegiate rowing, we race for tanks.
    When we win, we win the shirts off of our opponents.
    I accumulated somewhere around 15 tanks this year (almost undefeated).
    I alternate tanks for different work days.
    For example, while working on my Peugeot today, I wore my UCLA rowing tank.

    Cheers,
    S

    Leave a comment:


  • Massimo
    replied

    Leave a comment:


  • imsotyerred
    replied
    I generally do car work naked for a couple of reasons:
    1. I don't have greasy laundry to tend to; I'm easier to clean than clothes are
    2. getting dirty feels good; the dirtier i can get, the better
    3. warm oil feels so good on your crank

    Originally posted by george graves
    Safety glasses - almost always.
    This and only this

    Leave a comment:


  • george graves
    replied
    Safety glasses - almost always.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Originally posted by dannyyisntt
    I'm noticing a trend here, but can't quite pinpoint it. Perhaps it's the beard.
    Beard is long gone as of last year, and Dickies are cheap and easy to wash.

    Leave a comment:


  • 5Toes
    replied
    Navy issue coveralls

    Leave a comment:


  • Vivek
    replied
    I have a pair of jeans that are old and absolute shit that I wear every time i get greasy. I couldn't care less if I spilled a quart of used oil on them. I normally wear these $2 flea market shirts that I don't care about. And either flip flops or old sneakers.


    But for quick things I do get down on the ground in lucky's or true religions and nicer shirts, I'm just super careful.

    Leave a comment:

Working...