What do you wear when you work on your car?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • dannyyisntt
    replied
    Originally posted by F34R
    Summer time: Cutoff Dickies and an old shirt with my thin Mechanix gloves

    Spring/Fall Dickies and old Flannel.

    Winter: Dickies, Woolrich coveralls and Mechanix gloves
    I'm noticing a trend here, but can't quite pinpoint it. Perhaps it's the beard.

    Leave a comment:


  • frankenbeemer
    replied
    An apron.

    Leave a comment:


  • F34R
    replied
    Summer time: Cutoff Dickies and an old shirt with my thin Mechanix gloves

    Spring/Fall Dickies and old Flannel.

    Winter: Dickies, Woolrich coveralls and Mechanix gloves

    Leave a comment:


  • Tamataz
    replied
    Speedo

    Leave a comment:


  • cale
    replied
    Issued coveralls and mechanix gloves or nitrile if shits getting wet. Spend a lifetime with used fluids soaking into your hands and chances are you'll end up regretting it, play safe kiddies.

    Leave a comment:


  • dannyyisntt
    replied
    I work naked. The ladies love a dirty boy

    Leave a comment:


  • mtechnik
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    You ain't takin' no risks.
    :pimp:

    Leave a comment:


  • Axxe
    replied
    Coveralls and safety boots.

    Leave a comment:


  • rturbo 930
    replied
    Originally posted by lambo
    :giggle:

    I just wear a pair of basketball shorts and an old shirt. Unless it's cold then it's jeans and a shitty hoody.
    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • evandael
    replied
    i love that pic


    i wear shitty jeans, shitty shirts, shitty shoes.. no matter what it seems you get inordinately filthy.

    Leave a comment:


  • Pantless Spency
    replied
    jeans or whatever, but i always wear old work shirts, especially these hideous shirts i use to wear when i worked at six flags SF in vallejo, there highlighter yellow so i like to think it makes it easier for cars on the road to see me and not run me down.

    Leave a comment:


  • MR E30 325is
    replied
    My roommate and I wear old Marine Corps flight suits, teamed with my very well worn combat boots.

    Keeps my whole body clean (for the most part), only downside is the intense wedgie when you are sliding out from under the vehicle feet first.

    Leave a comment:


  • GDA
    replied
    Texas here.... so unless I am lifting something like a complete motor or subframe (wear jeans and boots for extra protection) usually just in basketball shorts, t-shirt, running shoes, mechanix gloves and safety glasses. If its greasy work then will put on nitrile gloves just to complete that task.

    This may sound crazy but the four pack of t-shirts at WMart for $6 are soo cheap I treat them as disposable after a couple super dirty projects that get them all stained.

    Leave a comment:


  • giantkeeper
    replied
    I have two sets of Dickies work shirts and pants. I also wear long socks because somehow I end up with brake dust and road grime in the weirdest places.

    Leave a comment:


  • R3Z3N
    replied
    Nothin'...nothin' at all. Clothes worth more than the E30...remember this is R3V! ;-)

    Leave a comment:

Working...