Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"It's like Henry Ford trying to patent a 4 wheel car & all others must be 3 wheeled."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"It's like Henry Ford trying to patent a 4 wheel car & all others must be 3 wheeled."

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/daily...124403804.html

what the flying fuck.
    patents on rectangles w8lolwut
    Dee's cuss.

This is why china and other countries without restrictive patent laws are about to bulldoze our country. They can legally make a product better (or usually worse) and sell it today legally for less. It is called free-market competition.

All this 'intellectual' patent crap is slowing down progress here and allowing it to flourish elsewhere because the $$ big money companies are trying to hold on to their money instead of continuing to invest in new developments. It makes sense in the short term to hide behind a government sponsored patent shield but IMHO the terms should be shortened to 1-2 years for innovation.... not allowing retroactively suing somebody for copying your code 10 years ago.

Comment

It's all about money

Comment

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
        It's all about greed

Comment

Apple deserves the money.

The free market will decide what it wants.
          1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by Q5Quint View Post
            This is why china and other countries without restrictive patent laws are about to bulldoze our country. They can legally make a product better (or usually worse) and sell it today legally for less. It is called free-market competition.

All this 'intellectual' patent crap is slowing down progress here and allowing it to flourish elsewhere because the $$ big money companies are trying to hold on to their money instead of continuing to invest in new developments. It makes sense in the short term to hide behind a government sponsored patent shield but IMHO the terms should be shortened to 1-2 years for innovation.... not allowing retroactively suing somebody for copying your code 10 years ago.
            This. At the rate that technology changes, by the time any of this goes through everything has moved on. Waste of time and resources for both companies and our legal system.
            88 325is - S52 powered

Originally posted by King Arthur
            We'll not risk another frontal assault, that rabbit's dynamite!

Comment

I now declare ownership of circle. Anything that has ever been made in a circular shape now infringes on my patent and they owe me money.
              1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
              You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

BMW is fucked.
                1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

DEEEZZ CUSSS.

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                  1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                  1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                  2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by Q5Quint View Post

I don't think you understand the whole situation. Patents encourage innovation, whereas copying discourages innovation. If you've ever tried to patent anything you would have more respect for the process. Until then, you have no idea what you are talking about.
                    sigpic

Comment

Comment

who was on the Jury a buch of carnys? I'm going to patent a circle with an x in it. BMW is screwed.
                        "I wanna see da boat movie"
                        "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

I like fruit but not apple.
                          Last edited by squidmaster; 08-27-2012, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 5Toes View Post
                            What so you know one of their more popular songs?
                            Think you're a little bad ass, huh?

1991 BMW 318i (Old Shell RIP, Now Being Re-shelled & Reborn)
                            1983 Peugeot 505 STI
                            1992 Volvo 240 Wagon
                            2009 Toyota 4Runner SR5 Sport 4WD

Comment

Originally posted by freeride53 View Post
                              What so you know one of their more popular songs?
                              Think you're a little bad ass, huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X