No announcement yet.

Slammin' e28 syndrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would make e28 perfect and sell everything else. Imagine how much you can save every month if you have just one nice reliable running daily.

I've been doing it and that makes me save up so much more because I only do maintenance to keep it running smoothly(no time to do anything else really, I can't afford not being able to drive my car at this point).

Once you save some $$$ you'll have more options to choose, from having a nicer car, start an installment savings account, mutual fund, or invest on something else you believe in.
    sigpic

Comment

Sell the Rover, E36 M3 and the E46.

Get the E28 to a respectable place, and have the e24 stay as a project car/garage queen.

Use the proceeds from above sale to get a good running/maintained E30 iX, to be driven all inclement weather.
      -03/2005 E46 330D Touring 6spd(204hp/410nM) Sapphire Black/Naturbraun Sport...300k KM & 35mpg(mixed)

Comment

Keep only the Rover. Buy a 2g Eagle Talon TSi AWD turbo M/T, already heavily modified but kept classy from someone reputable. No I don't currently have one or know of any leads but have owned two of them in the past and miss them the most.
        "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
        -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by MR 325 View Post
          Sell the M3 and get rid of DEBT.

Sounds like you should sell the 6 too but you're already convincing yourself you shouldn't.

Sometimes you have to let go.
          This^

I was once in your shoes a year ago:

Three e30s, two 635s and Honda. I sold all of them but my current e30. Keep the e28 and Rover.
          ~ Puch Cafe. ~ Do business? feedback ~ Check out my leather company ~

Instagram: @BWeissLeather

Current cars:
          ~ '87 325 M30B35 swap
          ~ '87 535
          ~ 01 540 Msport 6spd
          ~ '06 X5 4.8is

Comment

Alls I knows is that Range Rover is totally sweet. The talented wrench of Slammin driving a Range with an M52 swap makes all right in the world.

The thing about the E36 and the E46 is that there are a lot of them still out there and in 12-18 months if you miss one, you can find another pretty easily; maybe an even better example than what you have now.

If you can still keep your first car, do it. My first car was a 1993 Dodge Intrepid and I still wish I had it. You'll always miss your first car, and you probably can't sell the E28 for > $5k, so that's a relatively cheap price to pay for maintaining those memories.

If I recall correctly the condition and sevice history of the E24 is pretty decent. It's getting harder to find decent examples of those; especially with a 5 speed. Plus, a well done E24 looks like pure sex on fire. Fix it up, make it look good, and take Mrs. Slammin to a few wineries out in Afton and Crozet and well, profit.

Verdict: Sell E46 and E36. This will eliminate debt and give you the biggest cash purse for your other projects.

Did I mention I'm looking for a clean E46 330? I'm a buyer if it's a manual.

Just my thoughts...
            www.truegearhead.com
            - bad decisions & questionable cars

Comment

As an 18 year old with 1 e30, I cant imagine owning/maintaining/paying for 5 cars. In all seriousness, heres what you should do

Keep

Rover
              - dd
              - haul some shit
              - truck

e28
              - drive it when its nice

- as you said, you'd just lose money
              - you might never forgive yourself if you sell it
              - you will probably be glad if you keep it
              OO=[][]=OO Zinno 1989 325i

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=257295

Comment

Originally posted by Morrison View Post
                Keep only the Rover. Buy a 2g Eagle Talon TSi AWD turbo M/T, already heavily modified but kept classy from someone reputable. No I don't currently have one or know of any leads but have owned two of them in the past and miss them the most.
                Agreed. I had a second gen GSX. Thing was a beast and I miss it.

Slammin, how is the down sizing going?

What does your GF drive? Could she drive one of these cars as a DD and sell hers?

Comment

Originally posted by PeteD View Post
                  Agreed. I had a second gen GSX. Thing was a beast and I miss it.

Slammin, how is the down sizing going?

What does your GF drive? Could she drive one of these cars as a DD and sell hers?
                  She just bought a really nice Zinno 535is. I've had a few bites on the M3, but mostly, "HEY! You interested in trading for my XXXX."

No dick hole. I don't want your Civic.

This leaves me worried that some Honda kid is going to buy it and fuck it up, but really, who am I to worry about it? I guess I just don't want to see my baby, which I worked hard to reverse the negligence of the PO on, slip back into a pit of disrepair.

1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Go have sex with the exhaust tips. That is all.
                    SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                    IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                    BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

I sir own more money holes than you do.
                      1986 Plymouth Horizon. Base.

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                        I sir own more money holes than you do.
                        I don't make as much at you, sir.

Just selling this thing, that I'm spending at least $250/month on, will alleviate funds to go towards more fun things, like building a badass Rover, and building a .45/70 Mosin Nagant.

Comment

Simply put, I go overexcited about a car I've wanted since I was a kid and took a leap I shouldn't have. Now I'm paying for it.

Besides, I really wanted a Dakar Yellow on black M3 anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by slammin.e28guy View Post
                            I don't make as much at you, sir.

Just selling this thing, that I'm spending at least $250/month on, will alleviate funds to go towards more fun things, like building a badass Rover, and building a .45/70 Mosin Nagant.
                            you want to get rid of cars so you can buy a crappy Mosin?

Comment

Originally posted by InuFaye View Post
                              you want to get rid of cars so you can buy a crappy Mosin?
                              That's not the initial purpose. I just want to have more than just a bunch of crappy cars. Every dime goes into cars and I'm tired of it.

Comment

better than crack.

Comment

Working...
                                X