No announcement yet.

Slammin' e28 syndrome.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel your pain slammin, I'm 5 cars and 3 motorcycles deep. Most with sentimental value and needing work.
    Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
    The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by VinniE30 View Post
      Yeah i'm 23 too and i'm fine with having 2 e30s. Only 2 spots in my garage and I hate keeping cars outside. I'd actually like to eventually just have one so I can focus more on it.
      You live at your own place right?
      I'm getting into a house in October with the GF. Right now we're living in my "apartment" basement at my parents house. Not bad living, but I'm ready to get out. Another reason to slim down my fleet.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

Slammin, I've been here. A couple 6ers, an E28, an E30, my truck, an Alfa and Volvo or two, and a bike here and there... all of that shit at the same time is just impossible unless you have a ton of money and no life outside of the garage. I sold everything but my E24 restoration project, my E28 and my Suzuki. It's a hell of a lot easier to manage working on three projects than it is to try to keep tabs on 7 or 8 vehicles, plus all of the shit that other people inevitably want you to help them with. You'll end up with a better finished result in a lot less time. I still buy and flip things occasionally, but if you can get those moving within a few weeks you don't get attached and it's quick money.
        '88 528e /// '88 M5 /// '89 951 /// '98 E430 /// '02 M5

Comment

Dump m3, 330, and 6 and go to college. How do you have money for 5 cars anyway?
          Originally posted by LJ851
          I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
            Dump m3, 330, and 6 and go to college. How do you have money for 5 cars anyway?
            This is the problem. I've hit my limit. I've turned into my worst nightmare, and owner that has cool shit, but can't afford to keep up with it.

Comment

I'm the same way with 2 cars. I love them but they're slowly decaying because I can't afford to keep them nice. I think it's worse than not having them at all.
              Originally posted by LJ851
              I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

I know exactly how you feel, as someone who has five shitty cars sitting around, plus parts from two parts cars that I haven't sold yet. I'm at the point where I really don't give a shit if I don't get all my money back when I sell them, I just want them gone. If I were you, I'd sell the 6 and just take the hit, and also the M3 since you owe money on it, and it just sits, and you're still paying insurance on it. The M3 should be the first to go.

Comment

I dont think we were meant to have that many cars. I have a bunch and I feel as though they all get neglected. its not just money. Its time to drive them all and give them the care they need ... I think Ill keep them but just rotate them out and drive them more.
                  We can serve you better through Email

sales@blunttech.com
                  www.blunttech.com

Like us on Facebook

Comment

I can't even rotate them. With mine it's all a game of which can I fix and drive while the other breaks.

Comment

I'm 19 and down to 3 cars. The coupe is the shitbox winter beater, the sedan is the money pit that gets parked for winter and the E34 is the occasional daily/fun car.

If any had to go...I don't know what one it would be. Stuck with the sedan for life, the coupe is dead reliable and would feel bad letting it go and the 540 is just all sorts of badass. However, I can't see owning many (if any at all) more cars then this. Just doesn't make sense. Can't drive 3 cars at once.

I agree with what others have said. Sell all except the rover and E28.
                      '72 2002 pickup | '88 M5 | '89 330is | '89 M3 | '01 Z3M | '11 328xi-t

Comment

Winter beaters are a must if you live where it snows and they salt. So keep the rover as winter duty.

Have the e28 as fun/fair weather daily.

Keep e30 as project.

Sell the rest. Make monies. Fuck bitches.

I went from having an extravagant amount of vehicles at 21, to just having three. Which in my opinion in an area that has actual winter, is the perfect number.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's something to think about, since i've seen you said you wanted one in the past. Sell everything but the rover and 6. And get a Mopar a-body that you like. This way you got a variety of what you like.

1992 BMW 325iC
                          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

sell 6
                            sell 5
                            keep range for winter
                            sell M3 or DD
                            DD 330 if you sell M3 otherwise sell

you will have a winter car & a summer car wala.

I have 3 e30's
                            M3 collects money for me
                            vert DD
                            coupe backup if vert doesn't work, just sits on road (been in 2 accidents but still drives but looks like shit) sometime drive to work to make sure everything is still functioning. People probably think I'm a broke ass when driving it but I don't give a fuck. maybe you need one of these to drive in the winter.
                            "I wanna see da boat movie"
                            "I got a tree on my house"

Comment

i sold everything and bought a e30 m3 and a ix to dd
                              sigpic

Comment

M3.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=260903

Comment

Working...
                                X