Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wschnitz View Post
    Air Cooling >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

My Noctua performs nearly identically to the H100i I had, and its 100x quieter.
    Yeah I really wish I would have gone noctua instead of my H80i GT. In fact, I wish I would have gone with a different case so I could fit an NH-D14 or 15.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
    Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

water cooling is loud? :(

I had a big air cooled setup at first but the fins/fans blocked the A slots of ram and it wouldn't boot with just b slots filled in.

Right now the fans are loud as fuck, I was hopping doing water cooling would quiet them down. What should I do to make the computer as quiet as possible?
      My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Go Noctua everything for maximum quietness. Not cheap and not pretty (depending on your build) but they do the job and they do it quietly.

Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

I'm not sure how loud the stock fans for a silver stone aio are but you could change them out for noctua's NF series.

Comment

I see, so fan design is key.

I was messing around with some of the tools on the motherboard, and it looks like my fans run at a constant speed. how do you make them variable speed based on temp? Here is a quick screen capture. CPU is at 100% because Premiere Pro is being a giant asshole to it. Warp Stabalization is a beast.

Also, I have 32gb of ram, but only 16gb is being utilized. best guess is the CPU is limiting the amount of ram it can use? Anybody run into this problem?

Comment

thats wierd with 64bit it should be able to have that much ram. also my arctic cooling fans are pretty quiet for the price.

Comment

My rig is ridiculously loud. Between 3 case fans and the twins on the h100i you could confuse it with a hovercraft.
                No E30 Club
                Originally posted by MrBurgundy
                Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

My wife turns it off randomly when I'm not in the room (waiting on a download or video processing time) cause she "doesn't like the house sounding like an A-10 APU."

Comment

The stock corsair fans that came with my cooler were terrible. They did the job, but sounded like a B51 about to take off. I replaced them with the Corsair SP120 quiet series which were much nicer, but do lack a bit on the performance side. The mounting surfaces are rubberized and they include voltage reducers iirc. Oh and I use a fan controller rather than using software I prefer being able to shut off fans at the touch of a button.
                    Last edited by E30_Pare; 12-13-2015, 10:32 PM.

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                    DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

i had that problem i then wired up a secondary kill switch that has to be pressed at the same time to turn off mine now.

Comment

You can probably make it quiet just by getting some decent "noctua" or "be quiet" fans instead of the stock ones.

the 32GB problem is probably your motherboard config, go into bios and check it out. Might not be set up for 32gb.

Also rip FX 6300. Save your pennies for the 8350.
                        1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
                        willschnitz

Comment

^ Running the 9590 here, it's one hell of a chip.
                          No E30 Club
                          Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                            ^ Running the 9590 here, it's one hell of a chip.
                            I was wondering how that stacked up to my I5 4670k.

220W TDP like wtf AMD literally double all other chips
                            willschnitz

Comment

My h100i does pretty well with it. I forget the temps but I'll check next time I'm on it.
                              No E30 Club

Comment

Not heat, performance haha. I feel like AMD sometimes embraces the "AMD chips run hot and are inefficient" mantra too much.
                                willschnitz

Comment

Working...
                                X