Computer thread!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by george graves View Post
    I sill don't get why you guys think videos cards are the end-all-be-all of PC performance.
    this is why

Comment

I sill don't get why you guys think videos cards are the end-all-be-all of PC performance.
      To somebody who cares about playing games the capabilities of a GPU is pretty much the most important part of a computer's performance. In my experience it's better to save money with a mid-range processor and cheap RAM so I can afford a high end GPU that draws the most fps.

But lately what I care about is having a fast hard drive because I get tired of waiting for things to load or save. I've noticed my ssd has been slowing down so if I build a new system I want a PCIe 3.0 x4 SSD interface.
      My Feedback

Comment

A bit "backwards" in all the talk of the latest and greatest vid cards, processors, etc around here.

My dad (who's 68 and a techy from way back) has been talking about Rasberry Pi a lot lately.
        He is using it as a browser/media server on his RV.

The Raspberry Pi is an amazing device. Check out some of our favorite Pi projects out there, whether you want to create a game console or virtual rhino.

The $35 Raspberry Pi micro-PC can be used for all sorts of imaginative projects. Here are some of the coolest Raspberry Pi creations out there.

Some neat stuff people are doing with it.

Comment

Computer thread!!!

Good thing i sold my 980ti four months ago before they even announced the 1080 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cause for gaming it is...

If we are talking workstation compute then yeah things change. But a basic i5 will not bottleneck gpus for a while in most games. Vs gpus bottleneck a LOT of cpus.
            1989 BMW 325is | 2019 Ford Ranger FX4
            willschnitz

Comment

These new cards need to come out already. Gaming on the 660 blows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
              DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

Pare, stepping up to a 970 will be great from a 660. I went from a 660ti to the 970 and at 1080p, it is night and day. Quieter. Faster. More energy efficient.
                Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Originally posted by marshallnoise View Post
                  Pare, stepping up to a 970 will be great from a 660. I went from a 660ti to the 970 and at 1080p, it is night and day. Quieter. Faster. More energy efficient.
                  Why the heck would you go with a 970 when the 1070 is, literally, just around the corner?

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by lambo View Post
                    Why the heck would you go with a 970 when the 1070 is, literally, just around the corner?
                    Cheaper!
                    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

New Hawtness: 1995 540i/6 Claptrap
                    Defunct too: Cirrusblau m30 Project
                    Defunct (sold): Alta Vista

79 Bronco SHTF Build

Comment

Because we don't...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

i just sold my 970 in prep for the new generation

NEW ERA AUTO GLASS - SFV SOCAL - 818 974-3673
                        DREWLIENTE

1$ PShops PM me

Comment

So the time is coming soon

Thinking of grabbing a Kaby Lake I5-7600k, Asus Z270H, and (since my SSD took a shit) a PCIe3x4 M.2 drive. Thoughts? That paired to my 970 should do nicely, and when I get bored I'll just buy a 1080

Sent from my HTC One A9 using Tapatalk
                          Originally posted by flyboyx
                          how about if i yank the anal beads out of your ass like i'm trying to pull start a chain saw?
                          Originally posted by Northern
                          beer is my new liver cleanse.

Henna - '84 Hennarot 325e
                          Lola - '89 Schwarz 325is - being saved
                          Christine - '88 Schwarz 325is - Spec E30 Racecar
                          '01 White F150 Lariat 4x4 Supercrew - Daily
                          Dad's '05 Interlagosblau M3

Comment

My girlfriend got a new Macbook on our anniversary and now I'm jonesin' for a new PC since I sold off my last build. Damn enthusiast grade PC components why are you so fun.

Kaby Lake i3
                            GTX 1060
                            Corsair Dominator Platnum 16 gigs 3000mhz
                            EVGA 500 watt
                            Corsair 400D case

Obviously not mind-numbing fast but it would be decent for older titles. Opinions? I've never build an Intel system so this'll be a first for me.
                            -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                            -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

As its the one I'm sitting in front of (main office pc)

I'm not a gamer, so I build around virtualization capabilities

HP Z620 / 32GB Ram, Xeon 8-Core 2665, nVidia GTX 680, Dual 2560p monitors, Single 1080p monitor,

Couple 1TB SSD's as well. Serves the purpose, in fact I have an entire XenApp dev environment running on it, 12 or so VM's

Comment

im waiting to see what zen has to offer, im really looking forward to seeing an end of intel overpricing everything due to lack of competition.

Comment

Working...
                                X