No announcement yet.

Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good idea. looks like win10 will look for the key on the computer after install so he's fine.
    thx

Comment

So I apologize if this is too "on topic" for this thread, but what kind of reaction do you usually get from bystanders when you're in your E30?

I only ask because I've been lead to believe that most reactions are usually positive and that the general public thinks these are cool or "neat". Most people look at me/my car like "WTF is that?"

It makes no difference to me, but I do feel like I potentially missed something from staring at the gauges for my vitals at red lights.
      Originally posted by Melon
      Engine work takes patience and finesse.

Suspension work takes anger, a big fucking hammer, and a torch.

Comment

Ive had pretty mild responses. A couple offers to buy, compliments from car guy demographic, and then waves or thumbs up from other e30/bmw/euro guys.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

Originally posted by CMBusch View Post
          So I apologize if this is too "on topic" for this thread, but what kind of reaction do you usually get from bystanders when you're in your E30?

I only ask because I've been lead to believe that most reactions are usually positive and that the general public thinks these are cool or "neat". Most people look at me/my car like "WTF is that?"

It makes no difference to me, but I do feel like I potentially missed something from staring at the gauges for my vitals at red lights.
          I get reactions alllllll the time
          Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I have always had very positive results, but I have only owned two e30s and neither were run of the mill cars.

88 M3 sport evo clone
            Absolutely mint manual Triple black 1992 Mtech appearance pack convertible

I have friends with regular stick looking e30’s that usually get a meh response by everyone other than enthusiasts/car people.
            Originally posted by codyep3
            I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
            2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
            1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
            1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
            2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
            2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
            2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
            2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
            2010 F650gs twin
            2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Ordered a new blower motor for $94 and A whole steering column with ignition assembly, all locks, and a key for $180. How have you guys saved hundreds of dollaz lately?
              88 325i Cabrio
              04 Neon SRT-4

Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

Huh. Maybe I'm not particularly observant. Either that or most people just don't care about an loud,old box with wheels.

Comment

Originally posted by supermansocks95 View Post
                  Ordered a new blower motor for $94 and A whole steering column with ignition assembly, all locks, and a key for $180. How have you guys saved hundreds of dollaz lately?
                  Not buy E30 parts. Buying used stuff is good if you assess the pros and cons. I got a trunk with a IS lip for free and complete GC coils for $400.

Comment

Back when I still had an e30, I seemed to get plenty of thumbs ups, random red light compliments and a few offers to buy. It was a pretty dang clean '87 IS.

Current Car: 2011 BMW 135i, M-Sport, 6 speed

Originally posted by lambo
                    Sounds like you need a massage.
                    Originally posted by kpeng
                    Who the hell is Vlad?

Comment

Not buy E30 parts. Buying used stuff is good if you assess the pros and cons. I got a trunk with a IS lip for free and complete GC coils for $400.
                      I hadn't bought parts for it in a while. Last few weeks have reminded me why I'm so glad it's not my only car. I just need the ignition setup because I had to drill through mine and fucked it up. The blower motor is new from ECS, but we'll see how it holds up.
                      88 325i Cabrio
                      04 Neon SRT-4

If R3v was a dude, it would pick up a tinder date naked, with a raging boner, drunk, in an e30 with a shitty interior, a missing sunroof panel, explaining how its a classic while staring at the tinder date's tits.

Comment

I hadn't bought parts for it in a while. Last few weeks have reminded me why I'm so glad it's not my only car. I just need the ignition setup because I had to drill through mine and fucked it up. The blower motor is new from ECS, but we'll see how it holds up.
                        Ugh ECS. But they do carry a larger variety of parts... Yeah, same here. My new non OEM MAF crapped out. New one is $300. Coilpacks should be replaced too, but they work for now.

Comment

I'm just trying to get tires on it and a fan that works past 2. Not having to start my car with a screwdriver will just be a bonus. It definitely needs a tune-up and some pretty major bodywork, but it'll do.
                          88 325i Cabrio
                          04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

I'm just trying to get tires on it and a fan that works past 2. Not having to start my car with a screwdriver will just be a bonus. It definitely needs a tune-up and some pretty major bodywork, but it'll do.
                            Yeah I get it. Haha mine was like that. There were no keys/tumbler and the ignition switch was stripped. Only the provided flathead screwdriver would turn it.

Comment

Yeah I get it. Haha mine was like that. There were no keys/tumbler and the ignition switch was stripped. Only the provided flathead screwdriver would turn it.
                              For a while, I had it set up with a 3 way switch and button to start. Then I realized I could just take the damn switch off of the back of the assembly. I use the provided screwdriver as well lol. One thing is for sure. I'm getting like 5 of these keys made.
                              88 325i Cabrio
                              04 Neon SRT-4

Comment

For a while, I had it set up with a 3 way switch and button to start. Then I realized I could just take the damn switch off of the back of the assembly. I use the provided screwdriver as well lol. One thing is for sure. I'm getting like 5 of these keys made.
                                Hahaha yeah I made 3 copies immediately. Still haven't gotten around to changing the door locks.

Comment

Working...
                                X