Nonsense Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nonsense Thread

If you go with some of the race or off road specific oils, they have zinc added. That’s what we run in all the E30’s. If the oil is specified as off road use only, it gets around that EPA mandate.

This is what we run:

TotalEnergies High Mileage Engine Oil is recommended for cars with over 60,000 miles on them. This oil offers remarkable all-season protection for these gasoline engines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
    2016 Ford Flex
    2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

T6 is good stuff, ran that in my MK6 GTI

I use the VR1, it came recommend, and the extra zinc doesn't hurt anything. I might slack off now that the engine has 2200 miles since it's top end refresh.
      I do things.

Comment

Liqui Moly stopped by and dropped this off and told me to use this with my oil..

It's a ceramic additive that prevents metal to metal contact and bonds with materials in the engine, which lasts up to 30k miles, even with oil changes...

He also gave me a zinc additive, but he said this is the bees knees
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

Liqui Moly stopped by and dropped this off and told me to use this with my oil..

It's a ceramic additive that prevents metal to metal contact and bonds with materials in the engine, which lasts up to 30k miles, even with oil changes...

I can only use one, is the Ceramic better than this one?

Comment

A bold prediction Simon! If the Warriors win tonight I agree with you. However! If somehow the Raptors pull this game out, it goes seven. And Steph is the only reason that team has not collapsed from egomania.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

I'm skeptical.
              I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                I'm skeptical.
                I agree. Think about it, how would any substance adhere to a bearing surface (without damaging or eroding it), yet magically prevent contact with the other bearing surface, beyond what oil already does,for 75,000,000 engine rotations?

This also ignores the substances impact on all of the dissimilar metal surfaces in the engine.

Comment

While this video doesn't really address zinc additives. I think he does a really good job comparing liqui moly and Amazon oil. He has alot oil shootout videos.

91' 318is 90' 325is

Originally posted by Sonny
                  Buy the E30s, they ain't gonna last long
                  E30 can make you, E30 can break you
                  "He who controls the Nova's, controls the Boomers"

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post
                    While this video doesn't really address zinc additives. I think he does a really good job comparing liqui moly and Amazon oil. He has alot oil shootout videos.

https://youtu.be/oc5i6Vevox4

Is there a trusted zinc additive you would use with amazon oil?

Comment

Originally posted by roguetoaster View Post
                      I agree. Think about it, how would any substance adhere to a bearing surface (without damaging or eroding it), yet magically prevent contact with the other bearing surface, beyond what oil already does,for 75,000,000 engine rotations?
                      AND not get caught in the oil filter.
                      If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

remember waterweter from redline?
                        supposed to cool better and such turns out that gunks in your system from heat.
                        also cools the same with same % of coolant.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post

Next time you see a bottle in front of you shake it up real good do you see all that foam in there that is not good for your cooling system I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by LowR3V'in View Post
                            Oh dang.

I know the Corvette people love Waterwetter, and some tracks require it, mostly as an alternative to coolants.

It must react better in all aluminum engines, because motorcycle people love it too.
                            I do things.

Comment

Originally posted by Motheye99 View Post

https://youtu.be/oc5i6Vevox4
                              Impressive.
                              I do things.

Comment

Nonsense Thread

Originally posted by Melon View Post
                                Impressive.

I’m still skeptical buying amazon branded oil. Not sure how to go about this, what’s your thought of of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X