Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Music for Automotive Cinematography

Hey guys,

Lately i've been shooting a lot of automotive videos for friends and events, but I have really been needing to stock up on some new music material to for videos. Im not entirely happy with what I have. To give you and idea of what makes a good song for a video. There basically needs to be obvious points in which would be a good time to use a frame change. A basic frame change would be on the beat of a song, but some songs make obvious upbeats or triplet patters to make frame changed a little more unpredictable and entertain the viewer. This is the main reason why a lot of cinematographers use dubstep (wubwubwub). It has a very obvious beat, but it can also be unpredictable with beat patterns. Plus its very active which can help hold the attention of the viewer.

So are there any particular artists or songs you can see being used for a car video or event coverage? Any suggestion is fine.

If possible, try and choose songs that are creative commons and/or I could purchase somewhere.

Thanks in advance,
    Tony
    I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

blackmill

Turbo M42 Build Thread :Here
    Ig:ryno_pzk
    I like the tuna here.
    Originally posted by lambo
    Buttchug. The official poster child of r3v.

Comment

Are you trying to use dubstep?
      sigpic
      IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Might find some stuff here:

Everything is free. And it's a different pace from what most people use in car videos, at least in my opinion.

I really want to get into automotive photography and cinematography as a hobby...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
        Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by StealthiE30 View Post
          Are you trying to use dubstep?
          I try not to, but I'm also not against using it. I guess if I'm to be more specific, I don't like "hardcore" or crazy dubstep stuff. I'm very open minded with music so any suggestion will be taken into consideration.

Comment

Any thing by pretty lights, gramatik, bassnectar, feed me, and rusko should work.

Heres an example of each.

sigpic
            IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

Otherwise you could use Breaking Benjamin, Bullet for my Valentine, Avenged Sevenfold etc..
              sigpic
              IcWhatUdidThere

Comment

I always think oldies music goes pretty well with some videos. They tend to have a very obvious beat. Maybe some Grizzly Bear songs since they use a lot of piano in their music. I remember watching the video you did for your car and thought the music was an excellent choice, much better than everyone's use of dubstep.

Edit: Also maybe some stuff by the Gorillaz.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by StealthiE30 View Post
                  Any thing by pretty lights, gramatik, bassnectar, feed me, and rusko should work.
                  Got the whole PL Music Label covered in my post hahaha

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
                  I always think oldies music goes pretty well with some videos. They tend to have a very obvious beat. Maybe some Grizzly Bear songs since they use a lot of piano in their music. I remember watching the video you did for your car and thought the music was an excellent choice, much better than everyone's use of dubstep.
                  That's where Pretty Lights comes in, there's a combination of both an electric style with other, more typical genres of music.

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                  Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post

Edit: Also maybe some stuff by the Gorillaz.
                    Thanks man! I really wanted to go for something that was more chill, like me. So when I ran into that song, i knew it was perfect lol. I was aiming for showing people the connection I have with my car rather than just portraying the car itself. She means more than that to me.

Speaking of oldies music, just a few days ago I posted an other video of event coverage of a drift event in Nashville TN. I used a remix of "dancing in september" by Earth, Wind, and Fire. It wasnt crazy techno remix, just an updated beat that went very well with the original song. I actually let the group choose the song since they would all agree to music they enjoy most. Take a look for yourself.

Comment

black caddy dark shades for a black car!!!!

Comment

Cannibal Corpse - Don't be scurrrred
                        Originally posted by blunttech
                        Always Always go for the reach around if there is an option

Comment

I always wanted to make an automotive video with this as the background song

Madeon always seems like good stuff especially for intros;

These are songs Ive seen used perfectly in an automotive video;

SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                          IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                          BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Originally posted by Pantless Spency View Post
                            black caddy dark shades for a black car!!!!

I want to use that song so bad! its sounds good plus the lyrics are ballin. I cant find where to buy or download though!

Originally posted by ohthejosh View Post
                            I always wanted to make an automotive video with this as the background song

MUSE VIDEO

Madeon always seems like good stuff especially for intros;

MADEON SONGS

These are songs Ive seen used perfectly in an automotive video;

CALVIN HARRIS SONG

AWOLNATION SONG
                            Thank you thank you thank you thank you! I fucking jamming to Madeo right now lol. I just downloaded a few songs too. This is exactly what I need! And ive actually tried using that Muse song one, but it just didnt work out. The style i shot in wasnt matching. I feel like id need some kind of GT style for it to work nicely.

I have all of CH's and AWOL's songs so theyre definitely on my list!

Thanks man!

Comment

No problemo
                              SO MUCH MORE TO DO!!
                              IG: ohthejosh

LEGIT CHECK ME BRUH
                              BUYER FEEDBACK THREAD

Comment

Working...
                              X