No announcement yet.

school me on TJ jeeps..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe he's talking about the suspension flex travel when you drive it on a 20* ramp.

http://halden-fabricius.tumblr.com/

Comment

Originally posted by hfabricius View Post
      I believe he's talking about the suspension flex travel when you drive it on a 20* ramp.
      It's all about articulation.

Don't get me wrong, I've got two CJ2As rotting in the backyard, but I've gone to the dark side, the Rover side.

If every Jeep owner around here wasn't a douche when they see me in my Rover, I might be a bit more open, but for some reason they have something against me, revving, speeding by, general looks of distaste.
      1974.5 Jensen Healey : 2003 330i/5

Comment

I can tell you they just eat every part and just empty your pockets. But they are lots of fun. The 6 cylinder is the better choice and actually gets better mpg because the 4 banger has a hard time moving the jeep

Comment

Love your Wrangler Crushercurtis! I have been set on picking up a jeep for a 4 season vehicle for quite a while, looked for wranglers but couldnt find one that was worth the extra cash around here. So about two weeks ago I bought a 96 cherokee sport 2door, 4.0, auto (kinda lame but oh well), 118k miles, mint interior, great exterior with two minor rust spots. So far I love it, can't wait for winter.

Flickr

@michael.colby on Instagram

"All he needed was a wheel in his hand and four on the road"

Comment

Anyone know about the 3.8 in the JK? Think I'll be getting one those in a year or two.
            I want a nice set of smoked MHW's (I know, get it line)
            Free Stuff!!:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=273454

Comment

Everything said here is pretty much true, if the one you get is lifted at all, or even larger than stock tires check for the dreaded "Death Wobble" it can be caused by many things, but often has to do with the mounting point of the power steering box being cracked, of some loose/misaligned steering component.

if they rust, patch them, if it falls off, put a better one on, prepare to have an ongoing project if you take it off road.

the Cherokee is all the jeep at half the price, and rides better too, the grands have V8 powah' for little moolah.

Crusher, some guys like em, but I had a jeep club acquaintance with one, and his burned 2L of oil during an oil change interval, to which Jeep replied..."That is within normal tolerances for that engine"... idk who the fuck thinks that is ok for a new modern engine but whatever.

it is remarkably fuel efficient for a jeep though, fwiw.
              Originally Posted by ACMF74
              i clicked on this cuz i saw p3nis

Comment

Originally posted by Pac1373 View Post
                Everything said here is pretty much true, if the one you get is lifted at all, or even larger than stock tires check for the dreaded "Death Wobble" it can be caused by many things, but often has to do with the mounting point of the power steering box being cracked, of some loose/misaligned steering component.

if they rust, patch them, if it falls off, put a better one on, prepare to have an ongoing project if you take it off road.

the Cherokee is all the jeep at half the price, and rides better too, the grands have V8 powah' for little moolah.

Crusher, some guys like em, but I had a jeep club acquaintance with one, and his burned 2L of oil during an oil change interval, to which Jeep replied..."That is within normal tolerances for that engine"... idk who the fuck thinks that is ok for a new modern engine but whatever.

it is remarkably fuel efficient for a jeep though, fwiw.
                It also has no power and sounds like a microwave. And is from a van. JK's will be cheap in a few years because all the interior plastics will start fading and cracking. In my opinion, late TJ's, preferrably Rubicons, are the way to go.
                - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

I bought one awhile back. Had a love hate with it lol. Only major issue is frame rot, had a lower control arm bracket rip off messing around in the offroading park. Wanted to get rid of it sometimes but I think it's just cause i want one that's rust free lol I'm holding out for the diesel motor before I buy a brand new wrangler. The want is strong though lol
                  Prepping it for a trip to montana now. And I'm at a love part in this relationship

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                  It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Originally posted by emerson. View Post
                    I bought one awhile back. Had a love hate with it lol. Only major issue is frame rot, had a lower control arm bracket rip off messing around in the offroading park. Wanted to get rid of it sometimes but I think it's just cause i want one that's rust free lol I'm holding out for the diesel motor before I buy a brand new wrangler. The want is strong though lol
                    Prepping it for a trip to montana now. And I'm at a love part in this relationship

That's a pretty sweet tj.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by e30luvchild View Post
                      That's a pretty sweet tj.

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?
                      I paid $5000 for it like this

Originally posted by LowR3V'in
                      It's in the name e30tech not e30offtopic

Comment

Originally posted by emerson. View Post
                        I paid $5000 for it like this
                        Damn Bitch! Not a bad deal, nice score :)

Comment

There is a whole lot of dumb in this thread. 4.0 is hands down one of the gnarliest baddest motor ever made. I built an XJ and sold it to help pay for my wedding. I bought it back last year after it being gone for 2.5 years. The PO didn't change the oil.....once.....I knew the motor was shit but I drive that bitch around with no oil pressure for weeks before it got a rebuild....2 cracked pistons and it still turned the 35" tires fine at 70 down the interstate.

Death wobble comes from big tires, lift and the dumbass who installed all that using the stock steering components. Ballistic fab over the knuckle kit and your problems are solved.

Just like the e30......do the maintenance and they run forever. Don't blame the jeep for PO or worse your own incompetence in not maintaining your vehicle.

Nice TJ emerson, not as cool as my XJ was but I'm bias ;D
                          sigpic

Rebellion Forge Custom Fabrication

1988 325is - TrackRat in progress

Instagram @rebellionforge

Comment

Inverted-Y FTL.

XJ's are cool, but I prefer the ZJ. Same everything but 5-link rear instead of leaf springs. 4.0L is absolutely the way to go.
                            - '88 m54 coupe

<3

Comment

Working...
                            X