yay first day of school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yay first day of school

well actually 3rd but the first two days really didnt count...today my first real day of school i was actually in a lab/classroom it was boring for the first couple of hours but i was suprized when our instructor said....go take those cylinder heads off of those small block v6's i was like fucking sweet

so my first course is automotive engines and repair...which is awesome cause i was expecting something lame like brakes but first day of school and we got to dissasemble a small block v6 it was pretty sweet

if i do good enough in this school i can get into the bmw step program i dont know if you guys know what that is but its bmw service technician education program where ill be a trained bmw service tech(obviously) well thats my goal anyways but yea i was excited about my first day of school so i decided to make a thread....errr it sucks not having any friends down here damn im gonna have to go find some drunk bitches or something

Congrats on finally starting. Yea, Jumpstart or whatever is ghey as hell. Break those boards!!!

Yea, basic engines is a joke. You should do really well.

Wait till 17 and 22. Those you'll have fun with.

AC(8) is pretty easy, and then you have undercar and brakes. Get ASMUCH WORK AS YOU CAN for those two phases. You will be bored out of your mind if you dont.

I just finished phase 7, man. trans. Im taking a phase break this xmas.

Keep you attendance good, im at a 99.96 and i still have my 4.0 Most ctg's wont look at you unless you have a 3.8 or 3.9.

Good luck!

Kyle
    1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
    DILLIGAF

Comment

bad ass - i wish i could do that at school :( ... i'm waiting for the summer motor building class at the local community college as UO doesn't offer anything like that
      PNW Crew
      90 m3
      06 m5

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
        Congrats on finally starting. Yea, Jumpstart or whatever is ghey as hell. Break those boards!!!

Yea, basic engines is a joke. You should do really well.

Wait till 17 and 22. Those you'll have fun with.

AC(8) is pretty easy, and then you have undercar and brakes. Get ASMUCH WORK AS YOU CAN for those two phases. You will be bored out of your mind if you dont.

I just finished phase 7, man. trans. Im taking a phase break this xmas.

Keep you attendance good, im at a 99.96 and i still have my 4.0 Most ctg's wont look at you unless you have a 3.8 or 3.9.

Good luck!

Kyle

yea jumpstart sucked big time but very interesting nontheless im actually looking forward to the first course because the only experience i have with engines is doing slight work on my own e30 so this will help alot

i plan to keep my attendence 100% cause i am dead set on getting into bmw...i was thinking porsche (for the money) but i decided i like bmws more and it would be easier to get into...but yea thanks and good luck to you too btw what campus are you attending..im at the orlando campus(obviously)

Comment

Oh- Also, dont get your heart set on one manufacturer.

you mind will change many times, I know i've considered going to Audi, Mercedes, and maybe even ford. Look at the number of cars on the road-sure Porsche would be awsome, but how many porsches do you see just cruisin on the highways. BMW is always agood one, but is one of the harder to get into(seperate entrance exam). Right now I'm talking with some people from Porsche, and I put my foot in the door with STEP(talked e30's with the head instructer, he has an e30 m3 and few other e30s).

Just dont get too narrow minded. I wouldn't worry about who your going to till maybe you pass Auto Trans, or even Hot Rod.

I'm sure Dan will chime in here, as he graduated from the PHX campus this year.

EDIT: I'm at the Rancho Campus, in Rancho Fuckamonga.

Kyle
          1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
          DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by uofom3
            bad ass - i wish i could do that at school :( ... i'm waiting for the summer motor building class at the local community college as UO doesn't offer anything like that

join UTI

this was by far the best first day of school ive ever had

Comment

I've talked to a few at UTI now with all different opinions and it may be what I end up doing. Keep us posted.
              Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

I'm glad you think wrenching on "small block V6's" will help you get into and succeed in BMW STEP.

MBCC BMW Automotive Program > UTI

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis
                  I'm glad you think wrenching on "small block V6's" will help you get into and succeed in BMW STEP.

UTI give such a broad range of information, you need to start somewhere. Thats why the first part is called "BASIC Engines" Not "Super advanced dual valve timing electro-confusing engines"

Every program has its benifits, i personally feel that UTI could be changed a lot to cater to the more advanced stuff. I am also quite surprised that they do not offer a fabrication class. Its all about "the new stuff" and they expect most of the grads to go to a dealership.

Everybody that wants to get into step that go through UTI has to take all the basic stuff first. But good for you and your education path too!

Kyle
                  1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                  DILLIGAF

Comment

Originally posted by bimmer8604
                    Every program has its benifits, i personally feel that UTI could be changed a lot to cater to the more advanced stuff. I am also quite surprised that they do not offer a fabrication class. Its all about "the new stuff" and they expect most of the grads to go to a dealership
                    I would love to take a welding/fabricating class, too, but that's not really necessary for someone heading to a dealership. Especially a BMW service dept., where once you diagnose a component as faulty you replace it entirely. Instead of disassembling the part and servicing it/figuring out what's the exact problem.

Case in point: sealed gas tanks in newer BMWs. Bust out the Fluke. Not getting the right readings? Well then the fuel pump is faulty. Replace entire gas tank, with pump/filter sealed inside from the manufacturer. I still haven't decided if I'm glad most things are headed in that direction, or if everyone would be better off if working on cars took actually understanding concepts/theories to get the job done.

Comment

Forgot to mention before (and didn't mean to seem like a dick) - Good luck Jeremy.

Regardless of how generic the program you're enrolled in is, do whatever you can to get your foot in the door with BMW now. My ex-roommate moved to NJ for STEP last month. He was 1 of 4 students in his class who had ever actually worked on a BMW before... that fact shocked me.
                      Last edited by Jarvis; 12-14-2005, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Defanitly start talking to some of the higher up guys Jeremy. Even just go down and see if you can talk to one of the instructors and get a tour of their facilities.

Kyle
                        1988 M3, 97 840, 99 XJ
                        DILLIGAF

Comment

i was signed up to start at UTI but ended up bailing and decided to get a college education instead. my two best friends are there right now

Comment

Fun stuff, I'm doing fuels and emissions at LTI in columbia. Most of what we do is classroom, and im disapointed in the shop time we've gotten so far, and the small size of the shop. Hopefully it will change as I go through, this is only my 3rd class. So far im at 100% and 4.0. Highest percentage scores in 2 of the 3 classes, I kinda slacked in intro. We also have STEP in the same building.
                            Old and improved:

Comment

Originally posted by Jarvis

ummm welll i never said wrenching on a v6 is gonna get me into step wtf? its my first god damn day yea it isnt the most advance fucking class in the world but come on ...

my first goal was to actually get into uti which was figuring out how to pay for it...well i succeeded with that and im in the school and cut them a check for $23,000 ok cool...my next goal is to do as good as possible so i can get into the bmw step program....not wrench on a small block v6 and it will get me into step wtf....the main reason i am even attending uti is because the bmw step program...not because of the paper saying i graduated from uti...yea it may not be the most advanced school in the country but if i can get into and graduate from the bmw step program and work at a bmw dealership then fuckin right im gonna do that they make good god damn money and i like bmw so why wouldnt i want to work at a bimmer dealership atleast for a couple years then i plan to slowly complete all 8 of the ase tests so i can get the master tech title and maybe later on take some buisness management courses and open up my own shop who the fuck knows....but just because you dont like uti or a bmw dealership doesnt mean im gonna drop out because they are not teaching me how to work on the new bugatti veyron v16 ...sigh

anyways thanks for the good luck ;-)

im actually quite glad my first course is Basic engines and repair because it actually quite interesting and im learning alot unfortunatly my next course...in 3 weeks in basic electronics which is gonna suck but thats alright some courses will be much better then others but thats all part of learning automotive all i know is if i can do what i plan ill be working at a bmw dealership within 2 years

Comment

Working...
                              X