• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by imsotyerred View Post
    all autos suck

manual or bust
    Dis. man. Speks. truth.

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
    Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

man, we can make a decent thread no matter what the op ever says.
      sigpic
      @joshua.j.rizo

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf
      Just remember next time you hear "late night when you need my love" I'm gonna be sitting somewhere way more bitchin' than you, driving or not.

BUY MY BUGATTI WHEELS:
      http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=377693

WRITEUP TO MY RHD SWAP:

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=371904

Comment

Its fun like banging your fat gf through a hole in a sheet. That way you can pretend she's attractive and so you don't see the lard tsunami action.

I guess either way it's just a positive frame of mind.
        Swanny!
        SUCKERS.

Comment

The only cars I would seriously consider with an auto are those with an Asin tranny. They seem to have very good ratings compared to ZF. Not perfect, but b/c they are an Asian company, I think they are decent
          If it's got tits or tires, it's gonna cost ya!

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
            I'm probably one of the few on here that don't mind automatics... And no, i'm not kidding.
            fuck a manual when your sitting in LA traffic.... Or its a class A truck.... shifting is for the track only in my mind anymore, nothing worse than having a sore left knee just because your trying to get anywhere.
            1985 BMW 325e
            1997 BMW M3/4/5
            2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
              fuck a manual when your sitting in LA traffic.... Or its a class A truck.... shifting is for the track only in my mind anymore, nothing worse than having a sore left knee just because your trying to get anywhere.

Sore left knee? I haven't experienced that since I discovered Hydraulic clutches. Puck clutches help too, learn to drive it and it is no harder than a stock clutch. Plus you only have to pivot your foot to release it rather than a full throw.
              No E30 Club
              Originally posted by MrBurgundy
              Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
                That's a good point. I myself have a bad left hip and on the days it acts up, I'm just wishing to get out of the vehicle to relax. It doesn't matter about the pedal pressure either, it the movement of it and me sitting there that gets me.

1992 BMW 325iC
                1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

I think a dual clutch automatic transmission with a "clutch" pedal and a shift knob as an option would be sweet. Then you can choose between automatic (but still lightning fast shifts) and "manual". It would be interesting to see it in a real world application.
                  1989 325iC Zinnoberrot

Comment

As long as the engine has some torque to pull the car/truck along. I'm pretty content. Unless it's gutless like a 1.3 Festiva or some other torqueless thing.

Just saw this, and QFT.

It's funny, if you take a POS 4 cylinder and throw an auto at it, the manual will win every time.
                    Now take a engine that makes respectable numbers, and the line gets blurry.

Still, I enjoy a manual just for the driving experience. BUT, I wouldn't mind a DSG gearbox that gives me full control.

Although:
                    That's a good point. I myself have a bad left hip and on the days it acts up, I'm just wishing to get out of the vehicle to relax. It doesn't matter about the pedal pressure either, it the movement of it and me sitting there that gets me.

I completely understand that, sometimes you just have to go with what is comfortable for you. BUt then again, you are into v-8's so the above works in your favor. ;)
                    No E30 Club
                    Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

At first when driving someones automatic car, my left foot freaks out looking for a clutch to press when I brake haha. I don't think I'll ever buy another auto, at least until I'm sick of manual or my body can't take it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                        The only cars I would seriously consider with an auto are those with an Asin tranny.
                        i love Asian trannys...
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=267166
                        http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=380488

Comment

Originally posted by Wergen7 View Post
                          i love Asian trannys...
                          Don't asian tranny's have babies now? Where's that article when I need it...
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Originally posted by AntiScope View Post
                            At first when driving someones automatic car, my left foot freaks out looking for a clutch to press when I brake haha. I don't think I'll ever buy another auto, at least until I'm sick of manual or my body can't take it anymore.
                            This. I got in my mom's tahoe last night did that same thing. Kicked the floor trying to press the clutch then I -____-

Originally posted by blunttech
                            Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Originally posted by AntiScope View Post
                              Originally posted by mrcheezle19 View Post
                              This. I got in my mom's tahoe last night did that same thing. Kicked the floor trying to press the clutch then I -____-
                              the truth, going from a manual to auto makes my left foot go crazy

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley Rockafella View Post
                                The only cars I would seriously consider with an auto are those with an Asin tranny. They seem to have very good ratings compared to ZF. Not perfect, but b/c they are an Asian company, I think they are decent
                                Did Someone say Asian Tranny?

Damn I love me some asian trannies:

Just don't call them gay - they get pissed!

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
                                Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

Working...
                                X