No announcement yet.

automatics suck...but using -&+ shift is fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Psh My e30 used to be automatic until I burned it doing 1-2-3-D pulls! It actually wasnt THAT bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
      That's a good point. I myself have a bad left hip and on the days it acts up, I'm just wishing to get out of the vehicle to relax. It doesn't matter about the pedal pressure either, it the movement of it and me sitting there that gets me.
      Exactly, the days of clutching to stop in traffic with my personal vehicles makes me glad I bought my truck to do my major travels. I float my gears in the e30 like I do in my work truck, its the movement in the small space that hurts my knee especially with my big ol feet trying to find a spot to fit and rest. I know other people will say it doesnt bother them and their bigger than me; maybe I'm a waffleswaffleswaffleswaffleswaffles but I don't enjoy pain or shifting all day long just to get home.

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
      Sore left knee? I haven't experienced that since I discovered Hydraulic clutches. Puck clutches help too, learn to drive it and it is no harder than a stock clutch. Plus you only have to pivot your foot to release it rather than a full throw.
      Are you tall? In all the vehicle that I drive bmw, honda, or the work trucks (8,10,12 speed) I almost always float my gears, its the stopping and going motion that kills my knee; ever driven across LA with 30,000 lb load in rush hour....It sucks, it hurts.

Show me how to pivot my big ass feet in a work truck or an e30 and I'll gladly learn.

Manuals are for work trucks and track cars.......
      1985 BMW 325e
      1997 BMW M3/4/5
      2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Originally posted by CabbE30 View Post
        Psh My e30 used to be automatic until I burned it doing 1-2-3-D pulls! It actually wasnt THAT bad.
        In other words you just floored it?

Ich gehöre nicht zur Baader-Meinhof Gruppe

Originally posted by Top Gear
        Just imagine waking up and remembering you're Mexican.

Every time you buy a car with DSC/ESC, Jesus kills a baby seal. With a kitten.

Comment

I don't mind the auto in my truck, its nice for daily city driving for sure!
          But having an automatic e30 seems like a sin! (Unless you physically cannot drive a manual)

Sent from the future. Or my phone, who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by e30e View Post
            Are you tall? In all the vehicle that I drive bmw, honda, or the work trucks (8,10,12 speed) I almost always float my gears, its the stopping and going motion that kills my knee; ever driven across LA with 30,000 lb load in rush hour....It sucks, it hurts.

Show me how to pivot my big ass feet in a work truck or an e30 and I'll gladly learn.

Manuals are for work trucks and track cars.......
            6 foot, size 13 shoe... But then again I don't drive a rig, and the seats in my car aren't from any E30.
            No E30 Club
            Originally posted by MrBurgundy
            Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

Asian trannies...the Hangover 2

Comment

I have owned my 91 e30 325is semiauto for 11 years and on my second semiautomatic trans with 300.000 miles. First one went at 185.000 miles. I use redline synthetic trans fluid and it keeps coming back for more. I have another reman waiting to go in when that one goes.I also have a 90 325i track/dd 5 speed,i guess you can say i have the best of both worlds. SemiAutos dont suck !!!! I can run circles around alot of of you with my semiautomatic !!! There are people on here that know my car.
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by QUKBMER View Post
                  I have owned my 91 e30 325is semiauto for 11 years and on my second semiautomatic trans with 300.000 miles. First one went at 185.000 miles. I use redline synthetic trans fluid and it keeps coming back for more. I have another reman waiting to go in when that one goes.I also have a 90 325i track/dd 5 speed,i guess you can say i have the best of both worlds. SemiAutos dont suck !!!! I can run circles around alot of of you with my semiautomatic !!! There are people on here that know my car.
                  ... I'm confused. Any automatic with a torque converter is still just an automatic... I don't care if you shift it or not.
                  No E30 Club
                  Anyways, mustangs are gay and mini vans are faster than your car, you just have to deal with that.

Comment

I am replying to the fact of people always putting down autos. Calling them "autotragic's" and "automatics suck".
                    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Exodus_2pt0 View Post
                      ... I'm confused. Any automatic with a torque converter is still just an automatic... I don't care if you shift it or not.
                      A few of my Mopars were changed over to the "semiauto" where you have to shift it all the time. It wouldn't change the gear itself. But mine had a reverse pattern. PRN123 instead of PRN321

1992 BMW 325iC
                      1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                      1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Thank you kind sir. ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
                          A few of my Mopars were changed over to the "semiauto" where you have to shift it all the time. It wouldn't change the gear itself. But mine had a reverse pattern. PRN123 instead of PRN321
                          Got me there, I wasn't thinking about manual valve bodies.
                          No E30 Club

Comment

Working...
                          X