im moving to Virginia

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TexasTerp
    replied
    The e30 group meets every friday night in College Park, MD which is on the NE side of DC - about 30mins or so from you. There is another group called Bimmer Alliance that meets a lot during the week in Both Bethesda/Rockville, MD and in Tysons Corner down near you.

    There is a Thursday night general car meet in Fairfax that a good number of bmw's go to. Katie's Cars and Coffee meet in Great Falls, VA is awesome but it's early on Saturday mornings.

    Bimmer Alliance is a mixed bag of new and old bmw's. The e30 group is split between BA membership - some like it some don't. It's all personal preference. You can request an invite to the Bimmer Alliance group on Facebook, just give me you real name and I'll approve you (I'm one of the admins).

    Leave a comment:


  • evoDRichie
    replied
    Originally posted by imsotyerred
    haven't had much trouble myself...just don't drive on holidays with one headlight out or you'll be pulled over multiple times

    I live in Manassas but am often around mclean/arlington area. I don't really attend any meets but check the regional subforum periodically

    66 West sucks anytime after 2pm until 7 when the HOV lane opens again
    66 East sucks in the morning until 9:30/10ish
    495 always sucks
    traveling on 95? leave between 10am and 2pm

    drive defensively, the drivers are far too numerous and stupid in this area.
    thanx I don't know any of them roads but Im sure Ill figure it out... I lived in nor cal for 2 years and traffic could be pretty bad so Im sure I can deal. Im working in mclean looking for a place to live around fairfax...

    Leave a comment:


  • imsotyerred
    replied
    Originally posted by e30lov
    I hear the cops are assholes
    haven't had much trouble myself...just don't drive on holidays with one headlight out or you'll be pulled over multiple times

    I live in Manassas but am often around mclean/arlington area. I don't really attend any meets but check the regional subforum periodically

    66 West sucks anytime after 2pm until 7 when the HOV lane opens again
    66 East sucks in the morning until 9:30/10ish
    495 always sucks
    traveling on 95? leave between 10am and 2pm

    drive defensively, the drivers are far too numerous and stupid in this area.

    Leave a comment:


  • e30lov
    replied
    I hear the cops are assholes

    edit, also sweet vert in the background, looks familiar ;)
    Last edited by e30lov; 11-28-2012, 01:20 PM.

    Leave a comment:


  • yahh
    replied
    Originally posted by McGyver
    i think we all were :(
    This.

    Leave a comment:


  • McGyver
    replied
    Originally posted by e30jake
    I was excited until I saw NoVA :(
    i think we all were :(

    Leave a comment:


  • e30jake
    replied
    I was excited until I saw NoVA :(

    Leave a comment:


  • CarsSuck
    replied
    McLean? Time to buy an automatic e30.

    Also, the only place to "go out" is Clarendon/Ballston area. And have fun trying to get home without drinking and driving or shelling out huge cab $$.

    And I concur with slammin on NoVA people being tightwads and horrible drivers. McLean is known for tightwads.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by mitchlevy7
    have fun in this mess http://imgur.com/85KFn
    Noticed that on my trip to Bimmerfest this year.

    SRSLY....as if it wasn't bad enough already.

    Leave a comment:


  • mitchlevy7
    replied
    have fun in this mess http://imgur.com/85KFn

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    Originally posted by InuFaye
    NOVA != Virginia.
    Nova is for assholes who can't drive.
    WVa is West Virginia, a whole different state, so NoVa is Northern Virginia, thus, a whole different state.

    Leave a comment:


  • InuFaye
    replied
    NOVA != Virginia.
    Nova is for assholes who can't drive.

    Leave a comment:


  • slammin.e28
    replied
    So you're moving to NoVa....this is not Virginia.

    ;)

    Leave a comment:


  • evoDRichie
    started a topic im moving to Virginia

    im moving to Virginia

    Mclean area, anyone out there in that area? are there any meets, anything I should know about the area? ... see me rollin flag me down i wont know anyone.
    Attached Files
Working...