Chorizo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chorizo

OK. I admit it. I love Chorizo. Right down there with Haggis, some of the least edible foods ever. But, even though I read the ingredients, I love it.

My fingers are stained red right now from the grease that dripped off my breakfast burrito. Nasty...just nasty.

Anyone else a fan? What is your favorite brand? Have you tried "Whiteboy Chorizo" ("Johnsonville" brand)? Any killer recipies to share? I haven't made it past eggs and Chorizo in a tortilla, with cheese and sour cream.

Thank the Gods someone invented Prilosec!

Luke

Closing SOON!
    "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

My girlfriend is mexican and she makes it pretty often. It is bought from a mexican meat market. We eat it in a taco with silantro, onions, lime, sauce made from peppers and tomatios. I love it. I just got finished eating tacos de legua tonight, very tasty.
    sigpic

Comment

oh yeah baby...tongue is great. I like Birria, too. We have few Carneceria here, most are just too far to go to. Next time I am there though...gonna get me some fresh shit!

Luke

Closing SOON!
      "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

Originally posted by trashcop 80s 80s
        My girlfriend is mexican and she makes it pretty often. It is bought from a mexican meat market. We eat it in a taco with silantro, onions, lime, sauce made from peppers and tomatios. I love it. I just got finished eating tacos de legua tonight, very tasty.
        whats a tomatio... sounds delicious
        Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
        Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Originally posted by NC325iC
          whats a tomatio... sounds delicious
          tomatillo- a wierd mexican fruit (or veggie?)

I love authentic mexican food, including chorizo

Comment

I love chorrizo, if I ever get breakfast tacos it goes in there for sure. But I really have no idea what it is, and I'm afraid I won't like it so much if I do. So don't tell me.

'88 325is
            VP UT of Austin Autoholics
            BMWCCA 380364

Comment

Originally posted by Jordan325iC
              I love chorrizo, if I ever get breakfast tacos it goes in there for sure. But I really have no idea what it is, and I'm afraid I won't like it so much if I do. So don't tell me.
              I'm with you....great with a breakfast burrito. No idea what's in it so please don't spoil my fun by telling me what's actually in it.

Jon
              Rides...
              1991 325i - sold :(
              2004 2WD Frontier King Cab

RIP #17 Jules Bianchi

Comment

so what is a chorizo? is it meat you put in food or the food itself? oh yeah what's in it?

Comment

Originally posted by tonytony
                  so what is a chorizo? is it meat you put in food or the food itself? oh yeah what's in it?
                  It is a deliscious pork sausage. That is all you have to know.

When I make it, I just put them with eggs, wrapped in a warm tortilla.
                  Sometimes I will have some chorizo and chicken put in my burrito when i go to a taqueria.

-Erik

Comment

Chorizo is the bomb, I'll use about a half of a link of it with a pound of meat in tacos...mmm, and mexican style crumbly goat cheese, and a little dill on the shredded letuce. I had tacos, enchiladas, and homemade tortilla chips & guacamole for christmas dinner. I'm not mexican, but it's my favorite food.

I once heard my hometown area (on the border of Illinois/Iowa) has the highest Mexican concentration per capita in the US, with the exception of around Texas, etc...so ya, lots of good Mexican food up there. My favorite restaurant back home has "Mexican Enchiladas"...they are the shit. It's a chicken enchilada with flour tortillas, covered in a tangy verde sauce and onions...I haven't found them at any other restaurant.

Some of the best tacos I've ever had were in Tulsa at a roach coach. Caveza tacos...yeah, cheek meat. Very tender. Add some dry tomato, onion, and solantro salsa, and some verde sauce and dayumm. :)
                    -Brandon
                    '86 325es S50
                    '12 VW GTI Autobahn DSG
                    '03 540i M-Sport (sold)
                    '08 Jeep SRT-8 (sold)

For sale:
                    S50 TMS chip for Schricks

Comment

Originally posted by Beej '86 325es
                      Chorizo is the bomb, I'll use about a half of a link of it with a pound of meat in tacos...mmm, and mexican style crumbly goat cheese, and a little dill on the shredded letuce.
                      I hate goat cheese. I am not sure how anyone can eat it. To me it tastes like goats smell. I worked with a lot of livestock in my Highschool years, and I couldn't STAND the way the goats smelled.

Goat milk is the same way. Bleh!

Comment

how about menudo?

I bombed Korea every night.

Comment

I fucking love chorizo. One of my favorite things is to get it, slice it up, throw it in a skilled with some new potatoes and let everything get toasty toasty. Dash of sherry, hit of salt, tons of pepper. Yeah. Goes even better with some pearl onions.
                          2011 1M Alpine white/black
                          1996 Civic white/black
                          1988 M3 lachs/black

Comment

Working...
                          X